I'm a Newbie (not really)

tulipz

Hi All,
I've been trying to lose weight for about 4years. Some of you will want to kick me on the bum...I have about 22 lb to lose to come to my absolute recommended weight...or just 14-15lb to be 'normal'... the reason why I couldnt push myself to meet these small targets was that I was really depressed. I was least intersted in looking good. I had a sad job, lived in a lot of stress. Now that I managed to clean up most of the mess in my life, I am giving this a serious go. Honestly, 22lb (5'4) doesnt make me look obese... it makes me look overweight. I am naturally a slim person. I've eaten so much junk (towards the end of uni) that I forced my body to become fat... so my main problem is fat in odd places...(unlike ppl who are fat throughout) I have a slim face, neck, legs... I hate my big boobs, big tummy tyre and odd bums....

I am despreate now. I am 29 and will turn 30 in april. Also, we are planning to visit family towards the end of this year. I really really really really want to look myself.. I want to look good for myself, my Dh and to set an example for my 3 yr old daughter....

The problem is, I lose motivation very quickly or get diverted with other things...

I am starting with

1. drinking 1lt of water (i havent even been drinking 250ml until now)
2. Cut down crap (biscuts, icecream, chocolate, cereal for dinner)
3. Limit cereal to mornings ( I am a cereal addict)
4. Slowly bring exercise into my sedentary routine (I walked up 5 floors this morning).

People, please dont mind, I am going to write every small bit of my journey into this thread....this is to help me keep up with motivation

My weigh in day will be tuesday... TBH, I dont know how much I weigh now...will go downstairs and check during lunch time

I welcome weight loss buddies...ideally someone with about 20-30 lbs to lose...

Managed to squeeze in good amount of exercise today. 16 floors by stairs and some walking. Drinking loads of water and trying to eat healthy.

Hi hun and welcome to Minis..You might find it better to start a diary, in the diary threads, you may get a bit more traffic coming to your diary and make a few friends along the way!

Good luck!

Back