I'm a newbie today and EeeeeWwwwwwwwww

Hi everybody, I ordered my Exante packs last week to start today i am going abroad in 4 months and need to lose weight quick I am 19st 2lb this morning and im mortified and wanna feel comfotableish when i go away so thought exante wud b fab to shift this weight and quick, so Ive decided to do TS ive jus ad my first shake (strawberry) and oh my days its disgusting i had to add 2 sweetners to make it somewhat near drinkable and i was still gagging and it prob took me a good 15 mins to get it down :( When i woke this morning i was really excited bout this but now i feel disheartened as i dnt know if im gonna b able to hack the taste but i need to do it for the week to use my supplies and i NEED this weight off so i have no choice PLEASE tell me the shakes get easier to stomach i so wanna do this x

Hi there :)

I'm on day 6 now & just wanted to let u know they definitely get easier! I have found my preference is to add a couple of sweeteners & about 350ml of water rather than the reccomended 200 - 250ml. I then split it in half as as well as finding it easier to get through a smaller amount at a time, it also works for me to have something more often. I also have the vanilla & choc ones hot.... coffee in the vanilla one is really quite nice too! I don't know if you're having the soups too but I found them quite hard at 1st! Again I add extra water & split it & also let it settle before scooping the yukky froth off the top!! Chilli powder makes them a LOT more bearable for me! :D

Good luck on your journey hun, the support & advice is really helpful on here.

Nicola xx

I too am 19st 2, your taste buds will change and the flavours will grow on you, I know its hard as you cant eat and then you have to drink something you don't like. I've been on it for 1 week and I've lost 10lbs, in 7 days. You can do it, it isn't forever but you will have to rethink your eating in the future. You can do this, 1st 3 days are hard but once in ketosis its get easier xx

In my opinion, you've started with the worst shake going! Try the others - trust me, they are so much nicer!!! The strawberry ones make me gag!

Just had the vanilla shake added coffee granules tastes better

oh thank god it gets easier, im planning on a chocalate shake for lunch or wud banana b a better choice?? and then a soup for tea and im already blimmin hungry but if the weight falls off in chunks then it will b worth it i keep thinkin about the seatbelt on the aeroplane not goin round me and the red face and shame of it will keep me going also if i lose 10lb in 7 days ill b ecstatic well done u x

I agree with Elvira, you have started with the worst flavour! I used to hate the strawberry but can sometimes drink it now and like it!
Our taste buds do change while on this diet.

If the taste is a problem try using more water coz you cant really taste anything then.

See, I love Strawberry, Banana and Vanilla - it's the chocolate one that makes me yak! I tend to make that one up with as little water as necessary and then bosh it down whilst holding my nose so I don't taste it!!!

The Banana is definitely my shake of choice. It reminds me of the Yazoo Banana milkshakes, though nowhere near as good. Either way, I just make them at 200ml and down them in a few gulps, finishing off with a glass of water.

I love chocolate and vanilla. I make them up with the 227ml of really cold water. They are so creamy. The vanilla tastes a little like melted ice-cream, only not as sweet x

ok so im on my 2nd shake of the day i went for banana and put 2 sweetner tablets in still not sure but its defo nicer than the strawberry, i think i know why im not likin them....... i cant stand milk and they taste very creamy and im a very wretchy person as it is :(

You could always pinch your nose as you drink them...you won't be able to taste them that way. They do get better as you go along, as I find my tastebuds change over the course of the diet.

Just keep strong, I definitely gagged the first couple of days :D

I think its all down to personal taste. Unfortunately I didn't like the taste of any of the Exante shakes :-(

My order of preference: VANILLAAAAAA, chocolate, banana, strawberry.

Strawberry, in my opinion, is disgusting. I tend to just close my eyes and hope that it'll be over soon :D

Also, it helps if you view the shakes as medicine. Medicine isn't supposed to taste yummy, it's supposed to do its job and the Exante shakes will do their job if you let them. Just keep chanting 'it's my thin medicine, it's my thin medicine' as your gulping to try and help :D

Also, personally I know that when I have flavours I don't like left, I try to get them out of the way first so I know I have the nommy ones to look forward to!

Hope that helps some!

rbx:rainbow:

lol i did close my eyes and ended up holding my nose and thinkin hurry up and b over god this is hiddeous im dreading the soup im gonna av for my tea now booohoooo...........i rememeber doing the cd a few yrs ago only lasted a couple of days as wasnt in the right frame of mind and my grandad got sick so threw towel in but remeber really enjoyin their shakes jus wish u cud order like u can with exante "thin medicine" i like that idea if only there was a magic pill hey

I think Cambridge has a flavour, I'm finding exante less flavour more creamy. The bars have to be warmed up, otherwise they feel like your eating sand. But Hell the weight falls off and its one of the cheaper meal replacement I've found. I'm really selling this diet LOL

Honestly hun, I'm really fussy and when I first did Exante I really didn't like any of the flavours but it was kind of 'well do you want much nomminess every day or do you want to shift the weight?' in my head. I answered the second option and at the end of the day it really is as simple as that. You might not enjoy the taste of the shakes (yet, give it time) but do you dislike the taste or being overweight and uncomfortable in your skin more?

Sometimes we have to make sacrifices for what we really want in life <3

I must admit, I was a bit dubious starting Exante because of not liking Lipotrim's Strawberry shake and chicken soup (possibly the most vile tasting thing I have ever had the misfortune to eat :() But, I actually like all of the shakes, the banana is my fave :) ...It does get easier hun, just stick with it. Follow RB's advice - this is your thin medicine!! Once you see weight coming off, you'll soon forget about how bad things taste!! xx

Back