Im a regular user, but i have a secret....

It doesn't matter if you gain just think how wonderful it will be a mum. I'm not aim myself but I can't wait to become one children really are amazing and what's a few extra lbs for that :)

Congrats mystery lady...is this your 1st baby?

It really depends on if you get sickness or not. If you are being sick you'll probably find yourself eating what you can. Just try to eat as healthily as possible.

I only put on just over a stone but that is in the last 6 weeks. But I had huge cravings for ice so it was healthy lol

Do you normally follow red, green or ee, you may find you want stodge like pasta/potatoes etc but that might not be too bad if you follow green.

Any way enough rambling & huge congrats xxx

P.S dead curious to know who you are...

Many congrats to Sarah83 & rosiepeace too, all these mini babies...

Congratz!!
You need to make sure you get all the right nutriants and what not..I've heard dieting while pregnant wont physically harm the baby..but it is linked to behavioral problems and may even lower the childs IQ...

Good luck with everything. x

that is true for very low calorie diets where you possibly wouldnt be getting enough nutrients, but slimming world isn't theoretically a "diet" as such, it is a healthy way of eating and full of healthy foods and is actually recommended by OB's and midwives.

Gaining too much weight and increasing your BMI, can be far worse, as it can cause all kinds of complications throughout pregnancy and in labour and I can vouch for that with the huge complications and trauma I had with the birth of my son over 4 years ago.

This time round I was determined to stay as healthy as possibly and because I am under high risk care because of my history, I definately need to make sure I don't gain a huge amount of weight.

Yes, SW isn't a diet, with my first i basically had fatty processed food and chocolate and cakes my whole pregnancy and put on four stone!!! this time round (have only followed loosely) but only put on 10lbs so far and eating loads, of veg and fruit and everything else is well balanced so much better overall

Hiya congratulations.

I'm another pregnant lady on this forum and I'm 21 weeks. I've gained 7lbs so far.

I only got onto SW once my 2nd Trimester started, as I was so hungry and felt sick.

I had a conversation with a MW recently about weight gain and she had no concern when I told her I was on SW. She totally supported it and was very pleased with me because I was making good food choices.

Id say relax, enjoy being pregnant and if you have a day where you don't/can't follow SW don't fret.

Good luck x x

Congratulations , i dont know much about SW when ur pregnant but we did have a lady in our group who came along through pregnancy and she managed to lose about a stone , i think u just have more healthy extras etc , but like everyone else said its prob best to follow the plan loosely and see how u feel , good luck with the pregnancy xx

thanks for all your lovely replys and congrats! ;)

I dont know how far exactly but i would guess 3-5 weeks. :rolleyes:

I am following the green days.

I really dont know what to do about going to group, i still want to go and want to lose weight but dont think it would be possible to still lose weight and think i would feel like i am paying for nothing?
I am definatly going to stick with SW though class or no class.
Thanks again x;););)

Good luck Hun in whatever you decide to do... And the most important thing is enjoy every second of it x

Aw congrats to you Ms Mystery! Look forward to hearing about your pregnancy journey xxxx

Slimming world is simply a healthy balanced diet, no need to fear ill effects to babies as it's just normal eating!

Why not ask at class if you can join the social committee and exchange sitting in class for helping out and then start paying again after the wee one has arrived.

Back