I'm a returning 'newbie'

GrahamB

Hello all,

My name's Graham, and I'm just nicely returning to Slimming World.

I couldn't find the 'Newbie' section, but it would have been a bit false of me, anyway, to have tried to post in there given that I'm once did the diet before, succeeded, and then badly lapsed, and now I'm starting out on the long haul again of being (at least) 2st overweight, and in serious need if getting back in shape.

The main point of this post, then, is to try to just say 'hello' again and to try to find one or two 'fellow travellers' along the way. From past experience, I know that the Slimming World diet works, and am really, really helped a lot by the huge list of 'acceptable foods' and the ease of the system - even if I don't really get it right in many respects; my own main problem being the difficulty I have of working out and getting into my head the '1/3rd of a plate of this' and the 9/16ths of a plate' of that, and all 'offset at an angle of approximately 27degrees from the largest ingredient'...(I might be getting this a bit mixed up!)....:(

Anyway, I'm Graham (my real name, actually, so I'll give myself a house point for my bravery in that), and you are lots of lovely, friendly ladies* who are going to help me chart this minefield as best we can...

All the best for now, and I look forward to hearing back from someone (anyone?), in an effort to keep me on the straight and narrow (dieting wise, that is, I think I'm a lost cause in virtually every other respect!)...

* Apologies to any really switched-on feminists out there. You're obviously right in every respect, and I'm just a lost cause simply because I am a bloke...:)

Hi Graham,

I am 2 weeks in but have a bit of a longer road than you :)

Welcome though, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Just keep reading all the books, it will sink in soon enough :)

Hey Hun. I've been doing sw now for 5 mths. Have lost 3 stone. Still have lots to lose but really want this to be the last time!!! Fingers crossed!! Anyway would be fab to hear how yr journeys getting on. ?

Hi Graham, welcome back into the fold.

Firstly I wanted to say well done on initially losing your 2 stone. Clearly you do understand the principals of SW, you've just done what most of us do, which is become contented with our new weight/shape but then fallen back into all the bad habits. Therefore, I really don't think it will take much for you to get your head around it all and get back on track.

We are all happy to help if you need any advice/support/guidance or just a friendly ear to help you along the way.

Also, the advantage you have of being a bloke is a higher muscle mass, which generally means you will enjoy the benefit of losing weight quicker. However, this is the only advantage of being a man in my book!! :D

Good luck with everything.

JVB (feminist) :D

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my first post. I hadn't realised anyone had due to not realising that we don't get email notifications on them, so I was really greatly encouraged when you'd all penned a few words - Many thank for that...:)

Bit of a setback this weekend when I first of all recorded a bit of a weight loss, but then weighed in at exactly the same weight again two days later after thinking I'd done really, really well in the interim. How can this happen? Much to learn for me, methinks, in this!...:confused:

Thanks again to all for your replies...

Hello aw-bless,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm 'going it alone', as you put it. I've recently been in Slimming World, but have cancelled my subscription and am now trying to lose weight and save a bit of money by just finding things out on here.

It's a very slow start so far, but I'll certainly keep going, and I'm trying to do the near impossible by trying to lose 2st in just two months! Crazy, I know, but I'll do my best and I'll certainly be giving it a go...Stay in touch!

graham...:)

Hey !!!! :) here to sub. Get yourself a diary then we can all take a look to see if your doing ok. And have a chat along the way.!
Good luck on your journey. I have been doing sw for around 9 weeks now.!!

Good day

I also a returner, many times over within the last year or so. Joined feb last year, lost 1.5stones, stopped SW & after many attempts at going it alone returned to class a few wks ago. I was down to 11st 4lbs last October and weighed in this time at 13st 10lbs so definitely went off the deep end eating like the world was going to run out of food!!! I am trying this time but I just can't seem to get it right and over 4wks (3WI's) have only lost 4.5lbs :-(

Good luck and get ur diary p & running :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back