im a sad Harry potter Fan....

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Keeliewheeliebin, 4 August 2006 Social URL.

1. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    yes....im 'one of those'.
    I LOVE to read and you cant get much better than Harry Potter. Its FAB!
    Any other Potter fans out there?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.76%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    I wonder how big the next book is going to be? 7 year olds reading 1000 page manuscripts...

Wonder if it will ever be regarded as one of the greats like Catcher in the Rye, I am David(which i totaly hated) and lord of the flies..

Pierce

4. Keeliewheeliebin

Keeliewheeliebin biker babe!

Start Weight:
    19st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(37.83%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 3 (1000)
    Ive got a feeling that this book isnt going to be as long. Cant wait to find out though! Ill be one of those sad people queing outside Ottakars at midnight on launch day!!
    I really dont know if it will be a 'classic' all of the others you mentioned are just one offs and not a series ( please correct me if im wrong) I also think at the moment there is too much opposition to the whole storyline ie witchcraft, some of the children dying ( in book 7) . However in 10 or 20 years time i think it will be regarded as the book that got a whole generation of children, and adults, reading for pleasure. I really do think that the 'phenomenon' which is Harry Potter will NEVER be forgotten. And personally i think they are so special, magical and VERY clever they should, and will go down in history

xxxxx

5. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am a harry potter fan too but still think it's not the best written books in the world it just has an overall pull I love.
    I recently read the Phillip Pullman northern lights trilogy and they were fab

6. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Massive Harry Potter fan over here too!!! Took my nephew down to Kings Cross station a couple of years ago to see the Hogwarts platform with the trolley stuck in the wall!!! :D

7. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    We all love Harry Potter too, for the last launch we were all there at midnight drinking 'witches brew' in Ottakers, dressed as witches or wizards, we dragged the kids along too:D

DD is very lucky, she had a full set of signed, dedicated books sent along with a handwritten personal letter from JKR. We had a nasty car crash while driving to a signing that we'd been fortunate enough to get golden tickets for, obviously we didn't make it to the signing but the police officer who attended the accident wrote to the publisher to tell them about our accident. Lo and behold, all these books turned up:D Also had tickets sent for Albert Hall book reading that she did, I had to work but DD, DS & DH went, they even had a private box!!

8. Curvy_Chicken

Curvy_Chicken Full Member

Hi

I'm also a big Harry Potter fan - cannot wait for the next book. Will be there for the next midnight release!!!!

Like Bellybee I don't think they are amazingly well written (I've got a English degree and I am such a book snob!) but I love them all nevertheless!:D

xxxx xxxx xxxx

9. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    Hi Curvy Chicken

I reckon that there are books to educate, books to entertain us and some that do both. I like a bit of variety, sometimes it's a great distraction to read something light hearted, I often pinch my daughters books; really enjoyed Lemony Snickett series and the Charlie Bone series:D

10. wannaloose18stone

wannaloose18stone From The Black Country

Potter fan here ......... :)

11. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Silver Member

roll on July 15!

12. towergilly

towergilly Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    hehe just booked my tickets for wednesday at the imax omg i could pee myself!

13. I think i'm going to cry when/if they kill Fred. Actually rock back and forth on the floor in the cinema balling my eyes out!

14. b_n_3003

b_n_3003 Silver Member

Saw it last night and loved it, shed a little tear at the end :cry:

15. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I loved the books, but the films seem to be losing their touch now.
    The latest film was a bit disappointing in my opinion.

16. towergilly

towergilly Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st8lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    films just never do books justice think i would have loved the film if i hadnt re-read all the books
    i know i should get a life!

17. crimson_vixen

crimson_vixen Shoe Lover

Start Weight:
    30st8lb
    Current Weight:
    28st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(7.24%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love Harry Potter. I have been reading the books for 10 years, and I was always in the queue for the midnight release of the books. I love the films too, but I like to treat them as a totally separate entity to the books.

I really enjoyed HBP (the movie), and have seen it a few times now. The first time we saw it, the film cut out at a very climactic moment near the end of the film. It kind of spoilt the ending. But when I went back to see it, I loved it. The last film(s) will be tough with all the deaths! When Snape cops it....I don't know what I will do!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Karlos

Karlos Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    16st8lb(58%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    RNY Bypass
    Stands, shuffles feet, coughs nervously looks ground ward and blurts...........My name is Karl and I'm a Harry Potter fan :eek:

20. crimson_vixen

crimson_vixen Shoe Lover

Start Weight:
    30st8lb
    Current Weight:
    28st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(7.24%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It's the first step!

21. I can't be tamed

I can't be tamed this is it!

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.67%)
    ME! I'm addicted to Harry Potter.

22. 5tograma

5tograma New Member

I LIKE POTER :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.