Im a Scan Fan!

qbeewar

Yep you heard right. I tried the dreaded Scan last night for first time (without it being mixed with chocolate pmpl) and it was lovely! I broke it in lightly last night. 2x scan with extra light mayo and brie (hexb) and coped, today I smothered it in asda vlf sweet chilli cottage cheese and YUM! Considering the last time I ate cottage cheese I wanted to throw up, I think my taste buds are coping well!

They are meant to be like ryvita but sadly they don't taste like ryvita - that said though I eat 4 everyday for my lunch & top them with cottage cheese - they are good for keeping you regular & once you get used to the taste & texture I think they are fine.

Think corrugated cardboard and your half way there!
I dont mind them anymore....they used to be bigger and thicker and were quite dry, but thankfully they have made them smaller and I too quite like them.

They sort of remind me of crackers that are almost stale. You know when things start to lose their crunch lol? But I quite like almost stale things so win! :p

They always give me hiccups. I think it's trying to swallow it when chewed as much as you need to normal food, it's like trying to swallow glued cardboard. I actually quite like them, but thye do always give me hiccups.

Lydna

A good way we was told at class is putting a laughing cow extra light on then slice banana on top and it is yummy even though sounds weird combo lol

Tried them with scrambled eggs today and it was actually quite tasty. Nicer than with cottage cheese :p

I was surprised when I tasted them I liked them straight away. After all the horror stories I'd heard I was dreading them lol.

for supper last night I had from low fat Greek yogurt, chopped banana and crumbled scan bran delicous and I wasn't hungry afterwards, night time is a bad time for me.

Nothing like them! lol i like em but they taste like ground up hay or chip board lol i still like them tho!

yum sounds apertising!! lol

I was going to get some monday but i chickened out! haha

Ive never had them before either but have heard awful things! Arent they quite like ryvita?

i prefer ryvita! i bought some scan and i find you first crunch them and they are quite nice,then they go really soggy and spongey as you chew! eeeww

Today I had them with the following
I put some chicken in the food processor with a bit of onion and I did not want to use any mayo so I put some fat free yogurt and a bit of mustard and a drop of worcester sauce to moisten and it was like a pate so put that on the scan bran and it was yummy and no sins!

I bought some scan bran today and just had 4 for lunch with laughing cow spread on top. I did actually prepare 5 but could only manage 4. Boy they take some chewing!!!! No wonder you lose more weight when you eat them...probably because your jaw gets so tired you couldn't possibly eat anything else for ages after!!!!!
I think I would compare the experience to chewing a roof tile or a piece of kitchen work top.
Will I eat them again?...Well i bought 5 packs as Holland and Barrett isn't a place I go often and I hate waste so will have to come up with some way of using them.......hmmmmm, our house is getting close to needing a new roof.......

Is it 5 you are meant to have as a hexb? I've got a really old book and it says 5 but wanted to check it hasn't changed.

Back