I'm a wimp i know but...

vickydink

Determined!!
Some of you know that i am havin to book in to have blood tests done to check for anaemia as i been losing some hair feeling sick and feeling really tired, also look quite pale.

Thing is though im so scared of needles and will not book in until someone can go with me, i really hate them.

Do any of you have any words of advice or anything for me. I have been told about rescue remedy?

I know sooner i get them done the better but ARGH!

Bets advise i can give is tell the nurse who is doing it that you are quite phobic and hopfully you will get a very good sympatric nurse ... I hate having my bloods done and always mention it to them i had a fab nurse once that was so good and chatting away and getting on with it that i hadn’t noiced it was done !
If you are anomic it’s basically an iron deficiencies and you may need to take an iron Dietary Supplement
Or try to add iron rich foods to your diet, cereals (Special K is quite high in iron ) , beef, liver, canned sardines
Tea and coffee contain compounds, called polyphenols, which can bind with iron making it harder for our bodies to absorb it, so cutting down on tea and coffee could help to improve iron levels in the body
Vitamin C might help us to absorb iron. So, for example, having a glass of orange juice with a meal, or having vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green peppers or potatoes (all good sources of vitamin C) we might be able to increase the amount of iron our bodies get from our food.
Good luck – don’t be embarrassed to say – their are even doctors that are needle phobic !

Thankyou! :)

My blood test is 5:15 today :( bricking it still :(

Least it will be over soon - best of luck. Jut remember deep calming breaths and that once the test is done it will hopefully help you to tackle any problems it highlights. Take care

Back