I'm back and I need you guys!

kakabubbles

I have had a rubbish week...I weighed in last week and had stayed the same after being 100% good...I didn't freak out, it happens. Then it was my totm managed to not go crazy, was down to 16 12 so had lost 5lbs and saw the 16's woohoo!
Then hubby got some bad news his gran has a massive brain tumour and will not recover.
Sad news for us anyway but complicated even further due to the fact he is estranged from everybody on that side of the family other than his gran and her husband who is also in very poor and worrying health at the minute.
Cue the mind games...his mother,aunty,sister and female cousins made it so difficult for him to visit or get any updates on her health. These women are awful and I gained a lot of weight years ago when they all fell out with my hubby. I still stayed well and truly on the wagon.
Night in with my girls drinking many bottles of wine and eating horrific snacks.. I ate weight watchers snacks and had a couple of bacardi's and diet coke.

Then on Thursday my already really bad cold got so much worse and hubby left for a trip to England to visit his brother. I miss him so much and feel rubbish and now I have fallen off the wagon lol.

I eat when I'm ill, it makes me feel better. It started off with a well-meaning hearty stew and home-made bread and choc cake from my mum's boyfriend. He gave me good portions of everything, tiny bit of cake etc and then said I know you are on a diet but it's only one meal and I made it as healthy as poss and it's only small portions.

Yeah till I added the stuffing and yorkshire puds and potatoes lol.

It made me feel so much better it is magic lol. But then I thought well I'll have a bad day and get back on the diet 2moro. So had lots of crisps and biscuits all weight watchers stuff, but far too much.
Did I wake up and start again today....nope. Ate better meals but really bad snacks today.

I'm not going to beat myself up, I am proud of myself for doing well all through the other issues. It took me so much longer to break than usual.

I am telling you all this for full disclosure lol. I know you will all make me feel better which isn't even why I am posting this. I just know that when I am active on this website I am much more motivated. I feel that by typing this all out and telling somebody I can move on from it and forgive myself.

I will be starting again 2moro.
I will be good.
I will be posting on this site.
And I will see 16'12 on the scales again very soon.

xoxo

Oh hun *Hugs* I'm really sorry to hear about everything that has happened.
Sometimes you have to fall off the wagon a wee bit. When you have so much going on, you need to concentrate on just making yourself feel better. But to be honest it really sounds like you haven't done that badly.
As you said, no point in beating yourself up. Just get back on track. You know we are all here for you, and you WILL be seeing 16"12, and less, on the scales before you know it
xxxxxxx

Thanks hun, how did I know you would be here to help me! I feel like I have binged and been really bad but do you know what I have realised? Yes I have went way over points and eaten too many carbs but it was probably a healthier couple of days than my daily life a month or so ago. So although my weight will go up, I know it will come back down.
How scary is that though to have a really bad couple of days and it's nothing compare to my daily diet before I started weight watchers.
See.. I do see the positive in everything lol.
Thanks for the support, I know my fellow mini's will get me back on track!
Hope things are good with you.
xoxo

Sorry to hear the bad news, same situation with me, but it was my dad, lasted 18months after we were told he would only have a few months left hun, so stay strong :) people do amazing things at times, fighting power! Same situation with his family also, they even started a fight at the funeral, so know exactly what your going through, but for me that's when i started to lose weight, wanted to get away from the person that had to go through that.

Keep strong, and keep at ww, you may want some time off whilst going through bad patches especially with being unwell yourself sometimes its best to give in to what your body wants when unwell as limiting it will make you feel even worse health wise

hope things get better for you soon have faith xxx

Sorry that things arent too good atm and hope they will soon pick up. I comfort eat myself and know it can be difficult but coming on here and keeping track of how much you are eating will help. Somehow just knowing we are doing something about the one part of our lives we can control just helps.

Keep at it and good luck with the restart tomorrow

Sorry to hear your news, it must be hard with all this going on and a diet. But tomorrow is a new day :) and you can get back on track - I love this site, it keeps me motivated too, its such a great support network.

Heres to tomorrow!

sorry to hear things are bad but well done for ur loss so far and getting back on the wagon would of been very easy to slide more but u havent well done and gl i hope all works out with ur hubbys family at this sad time also x

Aww hun what an awful time your going through but as you say your self you are making better choices than before you started weigh watchers and thats the big step.
Smirky also hit the nail on the head for me when she said she wanted to get away from the person that had to go through that.
(I have been on auto pilot looking after everyone else in my family after some bad tragedy that was instantly followed by health and then severe money probs) I put me on the back burner and just got through it but now even if its half a pound I lose then it cheers me on my way to my new me. Big hug and you can do it.x

Hi everybody!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful support and comments. You lot are lovely.

Smirky, it's hard enough going through this when the person who is ill is somebody I have only known for a few years. Can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to go through all that with your dad. I don't understand family members who cause even more hurt at times like this and I am so sorry to hear about your dad and what you went through.

Still got a bit of a cold but I'm not 'ill' anymore, my energy is back up and feeling much healthier overall.

And I have my hubby back woohoo!

Restart is going well, sticking to plan. I am actually well under points wise through lack of appetite but it should balance out my lack of exercise!

I met somebody yesterday who I haven't seen since before the diet and they noticed I'd lost weight which was a lovely boost for a fresh start so feeling really positive.

Maria, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I always put myself on the back-burner too lol. You are so right about the weight loss, it actually feels better being back on plan. Having something positive to focus on and seeing some good news on the scales defo helps!

So I don't know what else to say other than thank you all, reading all the messages really made me feel better. It's nice to be able to talk about emotional issues with people who understand comfort eating and how our stresses can impact on our diet lol!

Karen xoxo

:thankyou:

Karen glad ur restart is going and enjoy having ur hubby back and how lovely when u get nice comments like that from people that you have seen for a while take care x

Hi everybody!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful support and comments. You lot are lovely.

Smirky, it's hard enough going through this when the person who is ill is somebody I have only known for a few years. Can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to go through all that with your dad. I don't understand family members who cause even more hurt at times like this and I am so sorry to hear about your dad and what you went through.

Still got a bit of a cold but I'm not 'ill' anymore, my energy is back up and feeling much healthier overall.

And I have my hubby back woohoo!

Restart is going well, sticking to plan. I am actually well under points wise through lack of appetite but it should balance out my lack of exercise!

I met somebody yesterday who I haven't seen since before the diet and they noticed I'd lost weight which was a lovely boost for a fresh start so feeling really positive.

Maria, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I always put myself on the back-burner too lol. You are so right about the weight loss, it actually feels better being back on plan. Having something positive to focus on and seeing some good news on the scales defo helps!

So I don't know what else to say other than thank you all, reading all the messages really made me feel better. It's nice to be able to talk about emotional issues with people who understand comfort eating and how our stresses can impact on our diet lol!

Karen xoxo

:thankyou:

Hey hun, hope your getting along ok, it is difficult but somehow you just find a way that works for you to get through it all, with me i had my amazing OH to help, at first i did go into a downward spiral, it happened in march 2009, and it wasn't until sept 09 i started ww, so i probably added more weight on to get off lol, but ah well! :) having something to focus on each week, like my WI days helps to keep me going even on my bad days!

everyone here wishes your family all the very best and we are all here if you need any help! :) don't be afraid to ask for help and your doing amazing with your losses! you will soon be at goal!! xx

Thanks Lorna! It makes a change from seeing people's faces when they saw me after I'd gained 4 stone lol!

Cheers Smirky, my hubby is amazing and our wee girls rock. We are a little team and everything in our wee unit is solid and totally happy. Who could ask for more! I'm really focused again and back to enjoying my ww experience. Thank you for the support, you seem like such a kind person, you're always helping somebody lol! Gold star for you poppet.

xoxo

I am a very lucky girl Maria! Thanks for the support, 10lbs lighter already...go you! I was watching Sally on the telly the other night. She's good! Hubby is maybe getting me and my mum tickets to go and see her. I better get on my exercise bike in case I end up on the telly, although mines is a modest 40" lol. Would make it a little bit less painful he he! xoxo

Thanks ladyvegas, we're ok. There is always somebody going through something worse so I try not to let things get me down. I'm back to my cheery self! Just 1lb to go till I'm back to 16.12 again. Thanks for your kindness. xoxo

Thanks Lorna! It makes a change from seeing people's faces when they saw me after I'd gained 4 stone lol!

Cheers Smirky, my hubby is amazing and our wee girls rock. We are a little team and everything in our wee unit is solid and totally happy. Who could ask for more! I'm really focused again and back to enjoying my ww experience. Thank you for the support, you seem like such a kind person, you're always helping somebody lol! Gold star for you poppet.

xoxo

i'm glad your getting support from the whole family hun, that's all you need is your little unit :) keep up the strong spirit and thank you for the kind words, keep at it and keep smiling, everytime i feel down, i always think 'well there is someone out there worse off then me' .. it just helps to carry me through to the next day good luck for next WI xxx

Back