I'm back, and need to lose 2 more stone. I MUST I MUST.

Hi folks! Don't know if you were wondering where I've been but I'll tell you anyway. The last couple of weeks i've been really suffering with my Myelitis. I've been suffering with bad pain all down my spine and the muscles either side, as they have a habit of getting really tight when my spine starts hurting. I've also gone very numb in my right index finger and thumb and have tingly/numb sensation down my right arm and right leg/foot, especially in my knee. Just as I had bought some trainers and sports bra ready to head to the gym to aide my weightloss, the problems crept back into my life and my mum told me I absolutely can't risk making anything worse by exercising (It does have a bad effect on my symptoms, from past experience).

I've decided not to actively try and diet but to be as careful as I can, eat slowly and weigh myself quite regularly just to make sure I'm not going the wrong way. Unfortunately I feel that I should try and concentrate on getting better, and with one of symptoms being tiredness, I don't think actively dieting will help me get back on track.

I did check the scales on Friday and am pleased to say I'm at 12st 8lbs, so that's 2 lb down. And I tried on a pretty gold dress I got into last year when I was avidly exercising, but haven't been able to get into since last July, and it FITS! Yay. Don't know how I've managed that, although I did listen to my Paul McKenna CD and I've been putting my knife and fork down after each mouthful of food. Saying that, I did have a bad weekend in terms of chocolate consumption so we'll see what happens lol.

Oooff. I'm tired. xx

Morning elle love, good work on the pounds, I'm sorry hear that your myelitis is playing up though.

Sure is Jim.... wont be around for long though ;)

Awww I missed the spam! Ha ha

Elle, you really must concentrate on getting yourself better. No point in being really skinny if you can't leave the house to show it off!

Hope you are feeling better soon x

LOL, nice one Starlight. :)

Morning elle.

What was it? Lol what spam? And how on Earth did you get here so fast Sandy?! Lol...

Hi elle, someone posted a link to a diet site love. :)

Sorry you've been poorly Elle - it must be a right nuisance. Back problems are awful x

Hiya folks. Just come with an update. I went to the hospital for a follow up to my mri scan and mr. doc said that *yay* my brain scan is all clear (I have a brain - excellent stuff) but now to this inflammation on my spinal cord... apparently the nervous system is an area of the body that they don't know much about at all so he can't give me a good answer as to what exactly is wrong ("it's not that I'm thick, honest") but he wants to do a lumbar puncture (woohoo) to test my spinal fluid as it might be the case that I have a MILD form of MS (relapsing-remitting MS/Benign MS). Which sounds scary but i've read into it and, if it is the case, things dont have to become SO bad. Especially since my brain is FINE. This all seems to be happening because my immune system has decided to attack the myelin on the end of my nerves... we think. My mother, sis and nan all have a so-called autoimmune disorder but there's has manifested itself in different ways. One has crohns, another is a coeliac and my nan had autoimmune hepatitis.

On the upside, he said that exercise, though painful, will not damage me in any way, and that I should use my common sense in terms of pain and when to stop...

It is a worrying journey Elle but although a little scary it has its positive side too x

Morning elle, bad news but good news in a way then love.

Yeah I'm in a bit of a limbo at the moment folks. I just want to get diagnosed, whether with MS or not so I know what's happening and I can get a better idea of the prognosis. Whatever it is, i'm definitely going through a bad patch at the moment. The whole right side of my body is numb and painful and my leg feels like it's on fire! I'm walking like a bit of a spaz but I'm trying not to let it bother me too much. Just getting on with my daily tasks. I hope the symptoms start to fade soon - I THINK I NEED A HOLIDAY! Lol..

How's everyone getting on?

xx

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time Elle. I hope the diagnosis is helpful and you can get on with the serious business of enjoying your life x

hey folks! On the upside, I weighed myself today for the first time since I last put my weight down and it seems that I am exactly the same. Somewhat incredible as I haven't exactly been good this last week but im not complaining. I'm booked in for a zumba class tomorrow - looking forward to it! x

Hi elle, nice to see you love.

Back