I'm back, and need to lose 2 more stone. I MUST I MUST.

How exciting - that'll go by in no time x

Morning elle, I was walking down boldmere road the other day and thought of you

Hahaha exciting but also scary/stressful/worrying/daunting. Although, you should all know that on the 9th April I will be 'officially' married in the eyes of the law :) Because the church I'm marrying in is a)Greek Orthodox and b)too small to justify them buying a license to hold civil ceremonies there, I had to book a date in at the registry office lol. It's gonna be weird being already married but not really. I am choosing to look past the 9th and celebrate the 1st May as my anniversary, although maybe I should celebrate both? 2 boxes of chocs in the space of 3 weeks? Hahaha. Oh well, at least I can go about changing my name before May. How do you do that by the way? Any thoughts?

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser? I caught the final yesterday whilst flicking through the channel and, I tell you what, ber-lim-ey! They all looked amazing! xx

Elle, are you marrying in that tiny Greek orthodox in Erdington?

No Jim, in an even tinier church in Walsall in Palfrey lol.

ah right, even smaller LOL :D

I think changing your name happens automatically if you sign the register with the new name at the "official" wedding x

No you have to sign the registry with your current signature. But once you have your marriage certificate you just send it to the DVLA, take it into your bank, take/send it to your works payroll department. Once your work and driving licence and bank are all changed you are officially that name. It's worth paying the extra few quid for extra copies of the certificate which they should ask if you want either before or on the day. Make sure you keep one safe!

And yes, definately celebrate 2 anniversaries!

Morning elle, I had no idea it was so complicated

I don't remember it being that complicated but it was a long time ago x

Apparently it's far more complicated if a man wants to change their name! Dreading it slightly, as I know i'll need to spell my surname out to everyone, 'C-H-R-I-S-T-O-F-O-R-O-U'. My poor, eventual, future kiddies...(hopefully)

So folks, a bit of news, no idea how but i have apparently lost another inch off my bust, making it 39", an extra half an inch off my waist and an inch off each arm. Not bad considering I'm not dieting. Surely two hours of zumba a week cannot give such results. I fear my weight loss is more to do with stress than anything else, not that I'm complaining. I am TRYING to be good, also. However, last week I had a chinese, KFC and a pie & mash at the pub. Everyone should go on my diet, it's quite fun, hee hee ;) I guess I am eating less than I used to, even though my meals may be calorific. And I bypassed on my usual chips and curry sauce from the chinese, eating just vermicelli noodles and some of a chicken dish. So I guess it's not all bad (we won't go into the quantities of KFC chicken that I finished off on Sunday, as well as half a sausage sandwich at lunch... :s)

Morning elle :)

Hi Elle - you've just reminded me of a friend from years ago whose daughter came home from school and said "Mummy, please don't marry ****!" and burst into tears. Very worried, she tried to get to the bottom of the problem. The girls were looking forward to the wedding, now only about a month away and had their bridesmaids dresses all ready. The also adored the ground **** walked on. Eventually she said "I've been practicing today and I cant get my new name on the page". It was 11 letters long x

Hahahaha. Exactly, although my kids will be born with it. Not sure which is worse, although i suppose if you're used to it. I knew a girl whose surname was Karthigamakarthigeyan. Another splendid example from school was 'Milkamanevikious'. I've spelt it how you say it rather than in it's true form as i can't for the life of me even begin to remember. x

I have to spell my name and it's not that unusual really.

Morning elle :)

Back