*I'M BACK + BIG UPDATE* - My Story (16st gone + pics!!)

Hi again,

Thank you everyone for posting lovely comments the last couple of weeks, it means alot :)

Right i've found out that i am provisionally pencilled in to have part 1 (hopefully) of my skin removal surgery, which is my stomach, on the 24th September 2012, so just under 4 weeks away eeek!!!!!

I have also seen my GP, who is going to look into where we go from here with regards to my other bits and bobs i need removing :) - He told me he applied for everything last time and said i was a special case due to the amount of weight loss etc, and that i needed pretty much everything doing, but it seems the PCT didn't really listen to him and are going down the lets make them apply for everything bit by bit route. The GP is going to ask again if we can apply in 1 job lot, so fingers crossed again, if not we will have to play the long game.

Its' stupid though because i've had a look at the PCT referral guidelines and for me to meet the criteria to say have my chest done, the criteria for approval i need to meet are exactly the same as the one's i had to meet to get approval for my stomach!!! - Logic hey, sometimes it just doesn't work!!!!

Cookie - on the countdown!!!!

You're amazing. Well done and thank you for sharing such an inspiring story.

Hi again,

Thank you everyone for posting lovely comments the last couple of weeks, it means alot :)

Right i've found out that i am provisionally pencilled in to have part 1 (hopefully) of my skin removal surgery, which is my stomach, on the 24th September 2012, so just under 4 weeks away eeek!!!!!

I have also seen my GP, who is going to look into where we go from here with regards to my other bits and bobs i need removing :) - He told me he applied for everything last time and said i was a special case due to the amount of weight loss etc, and that i needed pretty much everything doing, but it seems the PCT didn't really listen to him and are going down the lets make them apply for everything bit by bit route. The GP is going to ask again if we can apply in 1 job lot, so fingers crossed again, if not we will have to play the long game.

Its' stupid though because i've had a look at the PCT referral guidelines and for me to meet the criteria to say have my chest done, the criteria for approval i need to meet are exactly the same as the one's i had to meet to get approval for my stomach!!! - Logic hey, sometimes it just doesn't work!!!!

Cookie - on the countdown!!!!

Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully you will get everything sorted, be sure to let us know how you get on!

I just wanted to say, my jaw hit the floor. Amazing and inspirational x

Just wanted to wish you all the best for the first part of your skin removal. You deserve it after all your hard work shifting those lbs. know from experience how the loose skin can get in the way and get you down. Lets hope they keep your apt date. Jo x

I just wanted to say, my jaw hit the floor. Amazing and inspirational x

Kernow - Thank you so much and your comment about getting in the way and getting you down is so true. It's really holding me back now!!!. I've stopped going the gym and stuff because it's so uncomfortable etc that it's just easier not to do anything. I am happy though because although i'm not doing much in the way of exercise anymore (will get back into it after skin op) i am managing to maintain my weight at around 14st 10llb which is good :). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they keep my date, i work at the hospital performing the op, and i know we have a history of changing dates etc (not sure if were any worse than other hospitals) so i'm just counting the days and hope the closer i get to it the less likely it will be to change.

JackieBx - Thank you, i can't quite believe it myself sometimes looking at past photographs, considering it was only 2 years ago i was at my biggest. The last few weeks i've seen a few people i haven't seen in years (old work colleagues etc), who didn't know about me losing weight and they just didn't recognise me lol :) - I walked past one lady the other day and i said "aren't you speaking" and she looked me up and down and said "sorry but who are you". After saying who i was she was amazed and going "omg, omg, how the hell have you done it" and so on. She was obviously surprised :)

Cookie

Good luck with your surgery and well done for losing the weight and keeping it off.

I seem to be more aware of how much skin I have now. Its funny because we don't have anymore skin, its just that there isn't as much fat to hold it all up lol. After I had my bowel surgery I developed a massive incisional hernia and although I hated that, it seem to hold up the loose skin from my weight loss. Now I have had the incisional hernia repaired it all hangs down.

I walk for exercise at the moment as I would be to worried that people would hear it flapping about if I was in the gym.

I am waiting to hear if I can have scar corrective surgery on my tummy as I was left with bad scaring after my bowel was perforated ''by accident'' during another operation. Hopfully if they agree on this then some skin can be removed at the same time.

Once again good luck, my fingers are crossed! Jo x

I get what you mean in that there is no more skin there than before it's just not really stuck to anything (fat) so it wobbles around alot more etc - it makes me very self conscious of it!!!

I hope you get what you want with regards to your surgery.

I have had some wonderful news today regarding mine, i got an email from my GP saying, and i quote "[FONT=&quot] funding is available for body contouring and other skin removal for you without further application and that a letter has been sent to you and me regarding this. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You can therefore discuss this with your surgeon.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]" [/FONT] WOO HOO, so happy :) - I know it's going to take along time before i'm finally sorted but i'm happy because i now know it's going to get sorted rather than worrying i might only end up with some of it doing if that makes sense.

Cookie

cookie12 said:
I get what you mean in that there is no more skin there than before it's just not really stuck to anything (fat) so it wobbles around alot more etc - it makes me very self conscious of it!!!

I hope you get what you want with regards to your surgery.

I have had some wonderful news today regarding mine, i got an email from my GP saying, and i quote " funding is available for body contouring and other skin removal for you without further application and that a letter has been sent to you and me regarding this. You can therefore discuss this with your surgeon." WOO HOO, so happy :) - I know it's going to take along time before i'm finally sorted but i'm happy because i now know it's going to get sorted rather than worrying i might only end up with some of it doing if that makes sense.

Cookie

About time! Fantastic result! Happy for you that they have seen sense at last!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thats fabulous news Cookie. Thank goodness for common sense. :)

What an inspiration!

Oh wow! You must be incredibly proud of yourself :) You look amazing, and I am so glad you shared your story! I have 7 stone to lose and that seems extremely daunting, but seeing that you have lost more than double that makes me feel like I can do this.

Well done on your weight loss mate, really inspirational. I've been debating with myself if I can loose the 6 stone I need to, but seeing this has given me hope it is actually possible

Thanks again everyone :)

Well it's getting a bit more real now, i've been and had my pressure garment made up, and i've also had my pre-assessments to make sure i'm ok for surgery. (bloods, weight, height and so on). I've attached some pics of the pressure garment!!!! :)

It's surprised me how long i've got to wear it, 6 days without removing it, apart from the toilet, so no bath or shower for 6 days (smelly lol) and then i've got to where it for 6 weeks and can only remove it to shower / bath and again for the toilet.

Only a few days to go!!!! eeekkk

2_zps2c2b1f3e.jpg

1_zps02aadae9.jpg

Cookie

Back