Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

Evening everyone!

I am buzzing!! I finally believe I can do this!!

Had an AWESOME session @ the gym with my personal trainer!! She is fab! Totally understanding, on the same level as me and knows exactly what I want to achieve!!

She's working on weight loss, improving fitness levels and toning up with me. She's leaving my diet alone at the moment as I've told her what I'm "supposed" to be eating whilst taking my Xenical (protein and carbs, and low fat, calorie controlled). She asked how many calories I've been eating and I said around 1500-1600cals - she told me that's good, and she would have to refuse to train me if I was gonna have below 1500cals. So it's nice to know I'm on the right track!

She weighed me and measured me, and is aiming for 2-3lbs a week, every week, to begin with and we've set 2 goals so far:

*Me completing a "body pump" class (the one with aerobic exercise combined with weights) by week 4

*2.5 stone lighter by Christmas.

My workout for the next 2 weeks is:

*Mon, Tues and Thurs nights:

Mon and Thurs nights:

10mins on the cross trainer or bike to warm up, row 200m on the rower in the quickest possible time (quickest tonight was 200m in 1.02secs) 60 seconds rest, then 10mins on the hill level on the cross trainer - keeping the speed above 8.5, 60 seconds rest, row 200m on the rower in the quickest possible time - trying to beat previous times, 60 secs rest, 10mins on the bike trying to go further than 3km in the 10mins, 60 secs rest, 200m on the rower, 60 secs rest. Then weights stations. She's starting working the biggest muscle groups for me for the first 2 weeks, so i'm turning these from fat-to-muscle, coz when i'm building up muscle I'll be burning more fat/cals. So I do this: working pec muscles -3 sets of 12 reps with 3kg weights with a rest inbetween each set. Then work my shoulder muscles on the pull down bar - 3 sets of 12 reps. Then the leg press extender working thighs and calves, 3 sets of 12 reps. Stretches and then a 20min swim and use the hydro-therapy pool to soothe my muscles.

Was red faced and dripping in sweat but I loved it!

Took about an hour for the cardio and weights session.

On a Tues I'll just be doing cardio - rower-bike-cross trainer!

Shattered now! so off to bed!

Speak soon! Keep you updated! I'm going there tomorrow to "practise" my workout and use the pool xx

Wow, I feel worn out just reading that :eek: you sound so motivated and the gym sounds wonderful, go girl you can do it :D

Karen X

well done hun!

i know u can do this woooop wooop

Go go go - you gym bunny you!!

hello everyone it has been a while,had a bad few weeks!been unwell with glandular fever,swollen joints super exhausted!had no motivation!so all in all i've put on 3lb which considering i've done NOTHING at all!hope your all well and doing well
Take care xxxxxxxxxx

Aw Justforme, that sounds terrible! Hope you're starting to feel better? I know that glandular fever can hang around for quite awhile.

Hope you get well soon hunni :flowers:!!

I know its SO hard to think about diet when you're unwell. AB and I were unwell with virus' for most of September and I was terrible on the diet and exercise, you just don't have any energy or motivation do you. Here's to a speedy recovery! Take things easy and lots of rest! xx

Thank you girlies, I'm LOVING the gym! Never, ever thought I'd say that! I just needed the extra push of a personal trainer to get me in the right frame of mind, and also to confirm I was doing things properly and what exercises were the right ones to do!

I spent my saturday AND my sunday in the gym! AB came with us Saturday and went in the pool but she stayed with my MIL yesterday for a few hours because she's got a bit of a cough again and the pool was quite cold so we didn't want her getting ill again.

Sat I just did 20mins on the bike and 10 mins on the cross trainer, then spent time in the pool just splashing about and relaxing! But yesterday I went and did my complete programme the personal trainer had set for me! I felt so exhilarated after! It was FAB! Can't wait to go tonight!!

My food for Sat was:
*no brekkie
*a mexican chicken seeded roll with lettuce for dinner
*steamed veg

Then I went to Tay Barns all you can eat for a meal on Sat night and was very controlled! I had a plate of salad (lettuce, tomatoes, sweetcorn, beetroot) with a few potato wedges to start, followed by vegetable fajitas and a few (only about 5!) chips! and then I shared a chocolate fudge cake and ice-cream with OH. But I DID share! lol!

Sunday's food:
*A chicken salad baguette
*hotdogs for dinner (grilled and low fat)
*chicken sandwiches for tea
*a pack of skips

So more carbs than I would've liked but still within my cals and fat count, and I DID go to the gym! lol.

I was meant to be working today but my mum child minds for me and she is really ill with the flu so I had to cancel :( so now I'm home cwtching with AB.

Brekkie is a bacon roll and hash brown - grilled.

Right, going to nosey on other people's pages now.

xxxx

Hey you, perky as ever, your posts always make me smile xx

Thanks Abby (your pic is gorgeous!)

Not so perky this afternoon, AB is ill AGAIN! Same virus systems, rattley chest, lots of mucus and coughing all the time! off her food and really grizzly! Just hope she gets better soon.

I had my bacon roll this morning and I'm STILL starving! Not good!

I wanted to take a walk down the village today but AB is too poorly....so gonna watch Friends under a duvet with AB instead!

xxxx

Oh hun poor AB and poor you, cozi know poorly babies take it out of you! Sounds like the duvet and tv is the best plan.

And talking of photos, when are you gona get yourself an avatar pic mrs ?? Go on, be brave, if i can post one you can too ! x

Nah, nobody wants to see my face whenever they log on Abbey! lol!

I've had a nice day today, been shopping with AB (wrapped up to swelter point in a vest, top, cardi, coat and blanket!) but she just WOULDN'T keep her socks on! little beggar!

I didn't buy anything as such, but I did have my nails done for my birthday night out!! they're gorgeous! i'm SO pleased with them!! they've got white tips, black flowers painted on them,with silver gems as the centre of the flowers and then silver glittery sparkly stems! lush!

I'm just so so cold!! where did this ice cold weather come from?? its crap!! proper bonfire night coldness!!

I'm going to Esporta tonight, and my motivation is starting to wane already! but i meet my p.trainer for a chat and pep talk tomorrow night so hoping to get my motivation back! lol!

I've got work tomorrow, in quite a "rough" school! So fingers crossed it goes OK! Not working then til Monday, coz I'm having my hair dyed blonde tomorrow in time for my b.day night out on Sat.....did i mention I was going out on Sat?! lol!!

Right gonna cwtch up with AB and have a power nap before OH comes home and then its gym time!

xxxx

Your nails sound soooo nice :D hope you have a great night out!!!

Karen X

have a fantasic night hun!

xxx

Thanks girlies, things are going too well diet wise! been on a right munch, especially today with my hangover from hell! but i'm gonna get back on it tomorrow! no gym today as i'm dying! but i've been enjoying it loades!

Going to crawl back under the duvet and die now! had an absolutely amazing night out for my b.day!! drank TOO much! and am now suffering as a result. cant get on facebook SO annoyed, my page is under "maintenance" or something! ****! xx

Afternoon everyone!!

I'm SO ill, me and AB now have a blinking tummy bug, not good! and i'm meant to be working all week! not good.

I'm going to Esporta tonight, but don't know how much I'll be able to do - feel like throwing up all the time!

Today I've ate a ham salad baguette and a large side salad so not too bad on the diet side of things!

Right, going to nosey around pages before I get ready for the gym!

xxxx

Hey girlies, I MISSED YOU ALL!!

I haven't been on Minimins for SO long, been mega busy with work, AB, the gym and my birthday!! and haven't had time to come on here!

I had a good birthday, went out for a mad night out last Sat, then on my actual birthday I went shopping/look around the shops and last night I went out for a meal with AB, OH and friends.

I'm just off to the gym, so haven't got long on here, so I'll type fast! SO not motivated today but I'm gonna go ne way!

I've been thinking of maybe joining Rosemary Conley too - noticed Katie had too! It sounds fab! But now I've joined Esporta I don't really wanna be paying any more out weekly, so I was thinking of just buying her magazine, maybe joining up online and buying the measuring pots! Her recipes sound lovely and it fits well with the xenical rules!

First though I'm gonna get back on track food wise and start taking my xenical tablets! Have only taken my first month's supply and I've had them since end of July! So I've got 2 full months worth here! So I'm DEF DEF DEF getting back on them tomorrow and not stopping at all til Christmas!

I've been doing totally crap on the food front! I've sts for all of October! Still at 17st 7. Not TOO disheartened coz I've eaten out for the whole month so I SO would've gained if I hadnt been going to the gym! Been eating chips, burgers, nachos, cheese....you name it I've ate it!

But that all stops today!! I'm not taking tabs today as I went for a meal last night and don't wanna suffer the awful stomach cramps where I still have fat in my system! Espec. as I've had stomach cramps for the whole month!! as we've been ill with tummy bugs!

But even tho I've been eating crap and STS I've had so many compliments about weight loss this month! which must be down to my shape changing where I'm going to the gym! so yay for the gym!

Right, I'm going now to get my gym stuff ready!

xxxx

Good to hear from you! Even though the eating has slipped, you are still doing the gym stuff, so well done for that.

Post more often...we like to hear how you are doing! x

hello stranger!!!

sts is fab wen u have been a naughty girl! sounds like u had a fab birthday!!!

post lots!!

love katie

xxxxxxxxxx

Evening everyone,

I am aching all over! I spent my Saturday and Sunday afternoons in the gym and loved it! :D

It's totm (again!) so I couldn't go swimming but yesterday I:
*Spent 10mins on the bike to warm up (random programme, level 3)
*Rowed 3 intervals of 250m on level 5 -time to beat 54.8 sec
*15mins power walking on the treadmill
*10mins on the bike (hill plus, cascades, level 3)
*10mins on the cross trainer (random, level 3)
*3 sets of 15reps on the leg extender weights (6-7kg)
*3 sets of 15reps on the shoulder pull weights (5kg)
*3 sets of 15 reps on the arm/shoulder machine
*3 sets of 15 reps on the arm machine (pushdown thingy!)

Note - get the proper names of the machines!;);)

Then today:
*15mins on the cross trainer (random, level 3)
*10mins on the bike (hill plus, cascades, level 3)
*Rowed 3 intervals of 250m on level 5 -time to beat today 56.8 sec :(
*Another 15mins on the bike (hill plus, cascades, level 3)
*3 sets of 15reps on the leg extender weights (6-7kg)
*3 sets of 15reps on the shoulder pull weights (5kg)
*3 sets of 15 reps on the arm/shoulder machine
*3 sets of 15 reps on the arm machine (pushdown thingy!)

I was dripping in sweat and legs were about to collapse! but after a shower I felt fab! :flirt2:

I'm planning on a straight run to Christmas now! So even if I don't lose any weight, I'm going to tone up and get fitter! Spoke to my personal trainer today and we're going to add some different things into my training from end of this week....so excited for that!

Right, was gonna write alot but X Factor has started!! Come on Lucy, Lloyd, Jamie Afro, Olly and Stacey!! I love them all!

xxxx

Back