Im back for good! 2012 is my year to taste success-& it tastes like a cambridge shake

wooop well done mrs!

you sound mega positive! keep it up!

love katie
xxx

Just popping by to say hi....oh and its wednesday so you should be here! Only kidding....gona try and find ya on fb later..hope u are ok x

hey hunny hope u r doing good babe xxx

Thanks girlies!

Been SO busy with work! Am doing well food-wise - have been on the special K diet - just for the moment, it's convenient with work. So am having special k for brekkie with a piece of fruit, special k for dinner with a mullerlight yogurt and a big healthy tea - usually veg and chicken or chicken stirfry or jacket potatoes!

Then if I'm still hungry I snack on Special K bars through the day!

I'm only doing it for 2 weeks and then am looking into Slimming World. But I will prob do cal counting AND SW, so the principles of SW (green and red days) but keeping under 1500cals.

I haven't been so good on the exercise front - with the erratic weather and long work days I'm managing an average of 2 days/week in the gym.....gonna try and up that this week tho.

Hope you're all doing well girlies!!

I can't wait to lose some of this yucky weight and then I can post nice slim pics on here!!

Right, I'm still in work so better get back to it!

xxxx

I started slimming world last week and lost 2 1/2lbs, which is a right result for me. I can honestly say I was never hungry at all and enjoyed everything I ate, though I'm not usually a fruit lover. I could never get to grips with the red/green thing but now they have this new plan called 'extra easy' which is a kind of combination of the two, really is easy-peasy to follow and as long as you dont overdo the eggs and oily fish seems to fit well with xenical. Anyway, it might be worth thinking about.

at least you are feeling good.. and you will have to let us know how you went on the special K diet!!

im struggling too with the exercise front, but we will get there... and get back into the swing of things!

Thanks girlies!

Been SO busy with work! Am doing well food-wise - have been on the special K diet - just for the moment, it's convenient with work. So am having special k for brekkie with a piece of fruit, special k for dinner with a mullerlight yogurt and a big healthy tea - usually veg and chicken or chicken stirfry or jacket potatoes!

Then if I'm still hungry I snack on Special K bars through the day!

I'm only doing it for 2 weeks and then am looking into Slimming World. But I will prob do cal counting AND SW, so the principles of SW (green and red days) but keeping under 1500cals.

I haven't been so good on the exercise front - with the erratic weather and long work days I'm managing an average of 2 days/week in the gym.....gonna try and up that this week tho.

Hope you're all doing well girlies!!

I can't wait to lose some of this yucky weight and then I can post nice slim pics on here!!

Right, I'm still in work so better get back to it!

xxxx

Hey hun!

i have started SW and there really is no need to cal count! You would just be making things complicated for your self! And the thing that makes SW so right for me is i can eat as much free food as i like! And this makes me not want to eat in a funny kind of way lol! I dont feel deprived cos if im on a green day i can go eat a whole packet of pasta or a good old steak on red days! I lost 6.5lbs this week and i ate more than i did on the 1200 cals i was having on RC and lost more weight! Its tough to get your head around but in my case the more i ate the more i lost ha!

good luck hun! you will have to let me know if you do decide to go on SW its the best thing i ever did! lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Girlies!

Thank you for the continued support even though I haven't been around much - work is absolutely MANIC!

I actually lost 8lbs in 2 weeks on the Special K diet Kes! But it's a sort of "cheat" diet for that special night out etc as I think most of it was water - as soon as I started eating "normally/healthily" I put 2lb back on! But I'm still down 6lbs so not too bad!

Yes I AM going to try Slimming world from this week on....Katie, do you go to a class? I'm thinking of trying one by me this Thurs night but I really don't wanna be weighed there as its my ex-boyfriends new super slim girlfriend that runs it.....may just choose another group! lol!

I should have all the books here somewhere it's just finding them.....I'll have a good look for them tomorrow and then I might just try it from home to begin with.

I used to have the Tesco and Asda Slimming World books too which tells you whats in all their products, ready meals etc....

I'm going to start tomorrow, but because I don't have the books yet I might be doing it wrong...so if I post what I'm eating on here, I'd appreciate it if you girlies jumped in and told me if I was on the right or wrong tracks......

Tomorrow I'm planning on having:

Brekkie - 2 weetabix with skimmed milk (my 2 healthy extras?? Right??)

With a mullerlight strawberry yogurt (free??)

Dinner - a big pile of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower with a chicken breast (all free on red day??)

Tea - turkey stir fry (no noodles - so free on red again?)

Snacks - mullerlight yogurts and fruit.

I'm going to try and go to the gym every night this week.....fingers crossed!

If anyone has any SW tasty meal ideas I'd love to sample some!

Speak soon - going to nosey at others' pages!

xxxx

hey hun!

the menu is right on! it doesnt really seem alot to say you have unlimited food! You could have bacon eggs and toms for breakie or something?

There is one thing im gunna say and its gunna confuse ya! its a new meal plan they do! would you like me to tell ya about it? Id defo recoomend you going to a class even if its just the one to get your new books. There are things that have changed. Like you cant have tinned friut!

xxx

Hi hunni,

Yeah I've heard about the EE where you can mix stuff but that just boggles my mind!! lol!

I'm TRYING to stick to it but still don't have the books so its kinda guess work mixed with not over-doing it on the calories just in case I'm eating the wrong stuff (coz of not having the books!)

So yesterday I had:

Weetabix with skimmed milk
A chicken baguette with salad
2 pieces of toast with butter
A pack of Quavers

So not really SW or healthy eating! But low cals.....

Today I've had:

A fruit smoothie for brekkie along with apples and grapes
Savoury (packet) rice and fresh steamed veg for lunch
Grapes

And am having a caesar salad (home-made) with garlic new potatoes for tea.

So I guess I'm on a green day today??

Right, I'm in work on my lunch break so had better get back to work.

Speak soon!

xxxx

hey hun! hows it going? did u manage to get to a meeting?

love kATIE
XXX

Afternoon girlies,

Hope you’re all well. :)

I know I’ve been absent (again!) :cry:but it’s not always easy to post when things are going badly. I’ve been totally down with my diet and exercise and I’ve been stuck in a great big rut.

I’ve quit my job :eek: and gone back to supply teaching because my boss was such a cow… but I feel like it’s more than that…I don’t like myself very much at the moment. I don’t like what I see when I look in the mirror, I don’t like the way my clothes (ANY clothes) look like on me. I feel like I’m 25 going on 65!

I’m not vain, but the way I look at the moment is affecting ALL aspects of my life – the way I feel, the way I think others feel about me……

The OH is on a major fitness kick at the moment :sigh:and he’s doing really well, but instead of encouraging him, I’m being mean and giving him a hard time about not spending time with his family and spending time down the gym instead!! I don’t feel good about it and its taken me until today to even realise I’ve been doing it!

I’ve been fighting this “fat” battle for years/months/weeks now and not gotten anywhere – so it’s very disheartening. I find myself having all the good intentions in the world and then not getting anywhere!

I’d almost given up on it, was going to cancel my (very expensive) gym membership and just resign myself to nights of chocolate, takeaways and eating! And then I was clearing out my porch for the telephone man to come and fit a new phone line and amongst all my computer paper-work and letters I found an old copy of a book I bought YEARS ago. It was when I was going through my “fitness phase”. It’s called “The Body for Life” exercise and diet programme and I tried it once a few years ago and lost over 2 stone! I then gave it up to go on a boozy holiday with the girlies and it got thrust to the back of the cupboard!

I’m not sure if a family member has strategically placed this back in the open to be “found” but found it I did, and now I can’t put it down!

It’s SO motivating and it claims to get results in 12 weeks! So for the next 12 weeks I’m going to try and stick to the principles of this plan.

$What’s 12 weeks out of my life? I’ve been on this “diet” treadmill for the last 10 years and not gotten anywhere…so I’ve got nothing to lose (except fat!) and everything to gain!

It’s made re-connect with myself and the REAL me - the me I want to be. I’ve realised that I am actually completely and utterly fed up of eating **** and feeling like crap!

It’s very Xenical friendly and the food they advise you to eat is very similar to what you should be having on the Xenical plan.

It’s 6 :)eek:) small meals a day which are just protein and carbohydrate and low in fat.

You eat like this for 6 days a week, with no alcohol or fizzy drinks (so plenty of green tea and water!).

You must exercise every day for 6 days – alternating between weight resistance training and aerobic exercise (but you only need to do it for 20-30mins each day - he advocates short but intense sessions).

THEN for one day a week you get the day off! Completely! Where you can eat ANYTHING you want! It’s not even anything you want “within reason” it’s basically anything you want! Alcohol, chocolate, chips! And no exercise!

I had a friend who used to spend ALL day on her Saturday eating! And she still achieved her fitness and weight loss goals!

On the other hand, I had another friend who was doing this and when she got to her day off she didn’t want to eat anything bad because she’d been so good all week!

So it can have different effects on different people.

The book is SO motivating and it advises you the importance of WRITING down your goals to achieving success.

It’s written/created by an American called Bill Phillips and he advises that in a research study that they did of a class of 1953, the 3% of people who had wrote their future goals down were now earning MORE financially than the 97% of people COMBINED who hadn’t wrote down theirs!

He tells you to write down as many goals as you can and then pick 5 and make these specific.

So my specific goals are:

My body for life goals:

• I will lose 50lbs of fat in 12 weeks
  • I will feel more “alive” and less tired when I get home from work at 5pm.
  • I will have the energy to go on walks and do active things on the weekend.
  • I will fit into a size 18 clothes
  • I will have more confidence to achieve my dreams.

I need to:

• Stick to the nutritional plan 100%
  • Stick to the exercise routine by going to the gym / doing exercise 6 times a week
  • Take a “before” photo.
  • Take a photo after 12 weeks
  • Take a photo after 24 weeks
  • Take a photo after 36 weeks
  • Take a photo after 48 weeks
It’s a complete plan with meal ideas and what to eat on each day (which you can swap and change). And it also has a complete exercise guide.

They also have an internet site: www.bodyforlife.com

6 meals a day does seem a lot to fit in whilst I’m working, but they have protein shakes and bars which you can now buy in certain Tescos that you can have instead.

He promises results within 12 weeks, if you stick to the plan, and he advocates taking before and after photos.

I’ve been promising to take photos all the time and never got around to it, so this time I am!! I am going to take one as soon as the OH gets home from the gym (yes he’s in the gym on a Saturday morning – I was in bed! Sums it up.)

He’s also buying a tape measure on his way home (we’ve lost ours). And today is the first day of the rest of my 12 weeks!!

We’re going out later to get OH’s free weights/dumbbells from his mum’s house, so if we can’t make it to the gym (which we can’t go every day because its not fair on AB), so we can still do our 20-30mins of exercise at home!

So I think I’m going to keep my 3 days a week at the gym for my aerobic sessions and then do my weights sessions at home.

It sounds very “strict” at first glance, but if you look closer, it’s just all of the practices I’ve been TRYING to concentrate on, put together in one place!

Well I’m going to give it a go anyway! It’s 12 weeks out of my life to get my life back!

Here goes ladies – I’ll let you know how I get on!

This time I AM going to achieve!! I am going to stick to this plan 100% for 12 weeks and then that should be my motivational boost to take things all the way!

Love you all!

Here’s to my new found motivation and in turn (hopefully) my new found self confidence!

xxxx

wow thats such a motivating post!!!

i hope that your first week has gond exactly to plan..
keep us updated!!

Thanks Kes!

I only actually started today - it's been a busy week of birthday parties so I thought it'd make more sense to get that outta the way THEN start!

We've paid a deposit on our holiday to Turkey for 26th May for two weeks....so I've got to get slimming!

I've got my exercise planned for the week:

Gym: Cardio Tues
Home: Weights Wed
Gym: Cardio Thurs
Home: Weights Fri
Gym: Cardio Sat
Gym: Weights Sun

Tomorrow's food will be:

Weetabix with skimmed milk, a mullerlite yogurt and a protein shake

Chicken salad and a few new potatoes
A fruit salad

Grapes, strawberries and another protein shake before going to the gym.

Then stir fry for tea after the gym.

I'm also back on the Xenical in the morning - didn't want to risk it today after yesterday's party food!

I'll keep you all updated!!

My next big night out is Saturday 13th March for the Wales and Ireland rugby match! I'm a BIG rugby fan so hoping to look fab by then!! Then it's full steam ahead for our holiday at the end of May!

Hope you're all doing well girlies??

xxxx

sounds fabulous hon. 50lbs in 12 weeks? it would be incredible if you managed that. but even if you don't quite make it, what you could achieve in 12 weeks is remarkable :)

go go go go go :D really interested to hear how it goes :)

abz xx

Sounds like you've given yourself a great big kick up the arse , I wish I could get my foot high enough to do it to myself!!!

Good luck with it and I will be keeping a check on your progress.

Thanks everyone!

It's going well....I had a night out on Friday but kept drinks to diet lemonade and vodka. I'm finding the gym every day hard going - and its making me feel guilty for not spending enough time with Bella, but I've bought a weights bench and some dumbells so when I cant go I can still do the weight resistance workouts he advises in his book.

I had my "all you can eat/eat whatever you want" day on Sunday this week and we went to the Pan-Asian restaurant in Cardiff Bay, Cosmo.

It was lush! But I actually only had a small plate of different starters, one small plate of mains and a jelly - when I normally wouldn't have stopped eating! That's all I had to eat on Sunday too!

I'm hoping I've lost .....but I've given up on weighing! I'm not going to weigh now until May 15th.

I've taking 3 "before" photos but I wasn't brave enough to have them taken in my swimming costume! But i've got LOADS to lose, so my next lot of photos could be in a swimming costume!

Abz, with the 50lbs - its 50lbs of "fat" so I've had to have my percentage of body fat measured at the gym and then have it done again for this challenge in 12 weeks. So I might only lose like 30lbs in actual WEIGHT but you end up loosing fat but building muscle because of the exercise and weight training so that's why my target is 50lbs of FAT. It's quite confusing! So I've left them in charge of the figures etc and my personal trainer at the gym will tell me how I'm doing!

I'm quite excited! It's hard going and I'm starting to realise that I'm struggling to lose weight for 3 main reasons:

1) I'm addicted to food
2) I've failed so many diets so many times I don't "believe" that I can BE thin - I cant visualise myself thin at all - therefore I probably won't succeed at weight loss until I can!
3) I'm a comfort eater!

Recognising these things should now help me to lose weight. After recommendation I've even booked a session with a hypnotist. My friend has lost 5 stone in the last 7 months through seeing one and she was the same as me - trying to lose weight for ages but always failing. She even still eats chocolate cake, pizza, steak and chinese!

He just taught her how to listen to her body and only eat when she is genuinely hungry and stop when she's full.

Sounds easy! lol!

I've explained to him that I am an emotional eater, addicted to food and lack will power - but have strong motivation, and that my main problem is that I can't "think myself thin".

He's told me that he can help me in the following ways:

"By changing your unconscious habits, you can change the results you get. Hypnotherapy is an easy way to start to change old patterns of thinking and acting that have stopped you being the size and shape you want. Statistically-speaking, diets don't work. They end in failure for many people. How you eat and how it affects your body weight depends on many factors. For example:
  • Family training​
  • Mood and emotions​
  • Habit​
  • Quality of your diet​
  • Sensitivity to different foods​
  • Knowledge about food​
  • Exercise level​
  • Genetic predisposition, etc.​
Hypnotherapy and NLP affects subconscious factors such as family training, mood/emotions, habits and exercise level. Diet programs alone are unable to do this. Even diet programs that include exercise programs may not in themselves work for people in the long run.
Most people who come to see me have tried several "diets" that have failed to help them achieve the results they desire. They have tried exercise programs too, which may not have worked either. It usually means that clients will come to me feeling frustrated because of past failures. The good news is that, with hypnotherapy, you can start to get different results now. We can remove the subconscious programming that is getting in the way of your success.​

Using hypnotherapy, specifically our NLP, EFT and HNLP system, we can remove the old programming that is causing you to eat out of habit, emotions, family training and increase your level of exercise. I do this through the use of hypnotherapy and teaching you self-hypnosis so that you can continue to reinforce continued success for the rest of your life, or work on almost anything you want to work on in the future (i.e. Self-esteem, Confidence, Motivation, Stress Management, etc.).

In addition to doing hypnosis I also do some education. Part of my program involves teaching our clients about the secret language of feelings and how tell "genuine" hunger from "emotional" hunger.
TESTIMONIALS:
“Hi Richard…I just wanted to let you know that I have already noticed better eating habits since seeing you. I’ve amazingly started to eat the fruits and veg that I didn’t like before. I even managed to eat a tomato. I even stopped eating crisps and chocs, which were my downfall. In fact I can’t stand them anymore! I’ve started exercising and generally feel better. Thank you!”
- James Llewellyn

“I feel more relaxed and happy. I am not so tense now either. I haven’t even touched chocolate or crisps – and that’s just after one session. I even see fruit and veg in a different way (and I only ate junk food before!). I can’t wait to have some veg now! Your hypnotherapy was so calming Richard: it takes you to another world.”
- Collette Beazer

Helen, 52, a customer services manager for Barratt Homes, says: “I’d never done anything like this before. The first time I felt self conscious. You see these stupid television programmes where people run around and do things under hypnosis.
“At the end of the first session I came out feeling totally relaxed. You are conscious throughout and totally aware of everything that’s going on. You aren’t totally out of it.
“I was told to put my fork down between each mouthful. I’m a fast eater but in the third week of hypnotherapy I realised I had started putting my knife and fork down and going slower, but not deliberately.
“I’m not a gullible person. Normally my will power would have gone by now but I’m in my fourth week, I don’t feel like I’m on a diet and I’ve lost 10lb without any effort. “He suggested I’d refuse junk food and eat healthier. My weakness is cakes but I found I didn’t want them. “You need motivation but the hypnotherapy helps you keep it.”

I'm excited now! I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a price for the sessions and then I'm going to book my first one for the beginning of March!

I AM GOING TO SUCCEED THIS YEAR! AND I'M GOING TO DO IT WITHOUT WEIGHING ALL THE TIME!

Hope you're all doing well!

Speak soon xxxx

Thanks Abz,

SO excited - I'm booked in for my first session of hypnotherapy on March 11th! Fingers crossed I can banish these demons for ever!

I'm not hoping for a miracle off the hypnotist, just a little "help" in being able to think that I CAN actually be thin or even thinnER!

Breakfast today is 2 weetabix with skimmed milk, a mullerlite yogurt and some grapes with a cup of green tea and a xenical!

Dinner is going to be egg salad with a few pasta twists and a xenical.

Tea is going to be chicken stir fry after the gym. (Not ideal as it will be late but not an unhealthy tea).

I'm going to try and drink at least 2litres of water and snack on fruit!!

Gym tonight is a little aerobics (bike and power walking on the treadmill) to warm me up then free weight exercises and stomach crunches/sit ups! OH is going to help!

Speak soon! Hope you're all doing well.

xxxx

Back