I'm back in the room!! Again! ....78lbs to go!!

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through, Sarah-Louise. It must be awful, and I don't know what to say. I can quite understand that the last thing on your mind is weight loss, you just need to focus on making things ok for your little boy, especially at this time of year. Take care of yourself and your son, and I hope things get resolved soon. xx

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through, Sarah-Louise. It must be awful, and I don't know what to say. I can quite understand that the last thing on your mind is weight loss, you just need to focus on making things ok for your little boy, especially at this time of year. Take care of yourself and your son, and I hope things get resolved soon. xx

Hi,

Thank you!! It has turned us upside down as although there has been things I have questioned in recent months, it was not enough to make me suspect anything like this so when he told me I was in total shock! It is in the right hands now and I can at least keep him safe from harm and give him a great Christmas and try and reassure him the best I can. His school has arranged counselling for him in the New Year and have been great in supporting him, and me! All his dad is bothered about is how its ruined their Christmas, no thought for our little boy at all!! :( Heartbreaking!! But we will get through this in time :) I have the most amazing little boy and I hope he is young enough that this wont affect him forever xx

Thank you. We have indeed had a lovely christmas, I hope you have too!! :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone :) xxx

Happy New Year everyone!!! :)

I have been doing some thinking over Christmas (and lots of eating!!!) and I am going to jump ship for a little while and get my weight down with Exante for 8-12 weeks. I have gained so much in 2015 and I am severely feeling it so want to get it down as quick as I can for health reasons (arthritis, fibromyalgia mainly) ....and my own mind as I am so disappointed in myself :( I will however still keep popping by to see how everyone is getting on, and I will be keeping this diary too as I will be back to CCing in a few months to continue and maintain my weight loss :)

I would like to say thank you for your lovely support since Minimins has been back, I wish you all a fabulous New Year and wish you every success on your weight loss goals :)

See you all soon!! xxxx

*LATEST RESTART CALORIE COUNTING 15th February 2016 - 212lb / 15st 2lb :)*

Hi Everyone :D

Well here I am, again.......If you'll have me :) After trying Exante in early Jan, I couldn't stay on it for longer than 2 days, then 6 weeks of Weight Watchers saw me lose only 5 1/2lb with 100% effort, however I realised the plan was putting me at too many calories to lose weight......and so I am back to stick with what I know best, and what in my heart I know works!!! Looking back now, I know I was silly to switch plans but at the time I thought it was a good idea.......So here is my new start......I have copied my original post but an updated version of it, so here goes.......

I am no stranger to this site and just about every forum or diet on it as I have been a member for many years and tried every diet I can think of. But I'm sure I'm not alone in that :D

Ending 2014 weighing more than I started it was not nice to realise, especially as in the summer of 2014 I was much less and so I have lost my way and had a gain in recent months. Starting 2016 a similar weight to what I started 2015 wasn't a great feeling either but it was a pretty awful year for me. That said, I am VERY determined to make 2016 MY year and reach my goal THIS YEAR!! This is it, no more messing about, no more losing my way, no more 'diet hopping'......I am going to stick to the simple science of Calories in V Calories out.....it really is that simple!! :D This is the plan that I lost most of my previous weight with so I know it works, I just have to make sure I stick to it :D.....I have just done 6 weeks on Weight Watchers and lost only a few pounds so I am hoping to see some better losses with calories....they are the bottom line after all!!

I am armed with my new gadget ....A Fit Bit Charge HR :D For those of you who are not familiar with this, its an activity monitor that tracks my activity and heart rate, as well as my calories in, calories out, steps taken, stairs climbed, hours sleeping and if its quality sleep or restless sleep (very interesting results for me! out of 9 hrs in bed, I only sleep 4-5 hrs) distance covered, it can also monitor my fluid intake. So a pretty useful (and very accurate!) bit of kit :D

Current Stats

• Where I started : Start weight in 2009 - 258lb = size 24/26 clothes
  • Where I am : Current weight Jan 2016 - 212lb = size 18 clothes (only 1lb less than a year ago)
  • Where I am going: Goal weight - 147lb - size 10/12 clothes

The Plan

I will start with 1310 calories a day as instructed on MFP, made up of good healthy foods, low fat, high protein with good carbs and split into 6 meals -

• Breakfast - 350 cals - 9:00am
  • Snack 1 - 100 cals - 11am
  • Lunch- 350 cals - 1pm
  • Snack 2 - 100 cals - 3pm
  • Tea - 300 cals - 5pm
  • Snack 3 - 100 cals - 7pm

Exercise - I will be staying as active as I can during the day, getting in my 10,000 steps and will go swimming 2-3 times a week. Due to medical issues, I am quite limited on what exercise I can do at the moment but I'll not be letting that hold me back, I will just do what I can :D

Please come and follow me, support me and help me along the way and I promise I will be here to do exactly that for you too, you can never have too many diet buddies :D:D:D

Sarah xxx

Hi - I am also back now that I have found Minimins again. Good Luck with your weight loss - I did weigh the same as you a few years ago and got down to 10 stone and stayed there for a few years then gained some again. Back to target 9st last year but now had a really stupid Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb. I did Calorie Counting the first time and went over to Slimming World and gained weight there so back to CC for me as well.
I wear a fitbit and it does make me get up off my backside and walk. Are you registered with Bounts to get paid for walking?

Hey :) I'm here to subscribe, good luck with CC and I look forward to reading your progress and hearing your FitBit Tales. If you give me your email address we can be buddies :) X

Hi, Aww thank you!! It's great to have support from you guys, I couldn't do this without it!! lol.........However I have an unexpected change of plan! I have been bought a 12 week countdown at Slimming World!! When I was talking to my son about it last week and we was talking about all the different plans I had been on and what ones I lost with, he went and bought me a countdown gift voucher to help me!!! He didn't realise I was going to do CC'ing! So it left me with a little problem over the wknd as I have been CC'ing the last few days and was set on doing that.......but I am going to do the 12 weeks and see how I get on as I did well on it before but as an ex SW consultant, I didn't really want to go back to my old groups....especially the ones I used to run!!:eek::eek: I hope you don't mind me making a quick switch? :):) I just hope it works as it did before!! If not, I will be back here quicker than the 12 weeks :D:D:D

I have signed up to Bounts after I see it on tv a few weeks ago .....every little helps after all xxx

Hi, Aww thank you!! It's great to have support from you guys, I couldn't do this without it!! lol.........However I have an unexpected change of plan! I have been bought a 12 week countdown at Slimming World!! When I was talking to my son about it last week and we was talking about all the different plans I had been on and what ones I lost with, he went and bought me a countdown gift voucher to help me!!! He didn't realise I was going to do CC'ing! So it left me with a little problem over the wknd as I have been CC'ing the last few days and was set on doing that.......but I am going to do the 12 weeks and see how I get on as I did well on it before but as an ex SW consultant, I didn't really want to go back to my old groups....especially the ones I used to run!!:eek::eek: I hope you don't mind me making a quick switch? :):) I just hope it works as it did before!! If not, I will be back here quicker than the 12 weeks :D:D:D

I have signed up to Bounts after I see it on tv a few weeks ago .....every little helps after all xxx

Blimey! You change plans like I change my undies ;) Only joking, wishing you the very best of luck with SW, didn't work for me but I hope it does for you! Good Luck and keep us posted! X

Blimey! You change plans like I change my undies ;) Only joking, wishing you the very best of luck with SW, didn't work for me but I hope it does for you! Good Luck and keep us posted! X
Ha ha I totally agree!! lol I didn't intend this change :confused::confused: but I will give it a try as it did work for me before......but I wasnt planning on going back......watch this space....I'll prob be on a different plan! :D:D:D and thank you!! xx

Ha ha I totally agree!! lol I didn't intend this change :confused::confused: but I will give it a try as it did work for me before......but I wasnt planning on going back......watch this space....I'll prob be on a different plan! :D:D:D and thank you!! xx

How much did you lose on SW last time? Do you plan to do Extra Easy? X

Good Luck with whatever you choose. Did you join Bounts after it was on Martins Money Saving or This Morning or whatever he mentioned it on? The site went mental after that for a few days and we could not get our points updated or do the wheel - lots of people were most annoyed he had mentioned it :) I do 21,000 steps a day so get 60 points for that plus 5 each for facebook and twitter - I paid last year and updated to premium but don't have a mobile to do map my walk etc so don't have those points but have earned about £70 so far so worth having.

How much did you lose on SW last time? Do you plan to do Extra Easy? X
Hi, So sorry for delay!! I didn't get a notification!!! I lost about 3 st on SW last time I did it and it was steady progress. I have so far lost 5 1/2lb in 3 weeks...but was most upset that at my first weigh in with SW it registered me back at 15st 7lb!!!!! ....not getting the best of losses but STS last week so was disappointed at that!! I stick to plan 100% but just never get the big losses like some do anymore...must be as I am getting old now lol How are you doing? I need to go have a catch up on here in a mo :):) xx

Last edited:
Good Luck with whatever you choose. Did you join Bounts after it was on Martins Money Saving or This Morning or whatever he mentioned it on? The site went mental after that for a few days and we could not get our points updated or do the wheel - lots of people were most annoyed he had mentioned it :) I do 21,000 steps a day so get 60 points for that plus 5 each for facebook and twitter - I paid last year and updated to premium but don't have a mobile to do map my walk etc so don't have those points but have earned about £70 so far so worth having.
Yes it was after he mentioned it lol I can imagine your frustration that caused!! ....and thank you!! :)

Hi, So sorry for delay!! I didn't get a notification!!! I lost about 3 st on SW last time I did it and it was steady progress. I have so far lost 5 1/2lb in 3 weeks...but was most upset that at my first weigh in with SW it registered me back at 15st 7lb!!!!! ....not getting the best of losses but STS last week so was disappointed at that!! I stick to plan 100% but just never get the big losses like some do anymore...must be as I am getting old now lol How are you doing? I need to go have a catch up on here in a mo :):) xx

Slow and Steady wins the race, never forget the Tortoise and the Hare! Are u hoping for your half stone this week? I'm doing really well, something has just 'clicked' this time, I've lost 26.5lb in 10 weeks, just 1.5lb to go till goal! So close I can almost taste it! X

Slow and Steady wins the race, never forget the Tortoise and the Hare! Are u hoping for your half stone this week? I'm doing really well, something has just 'clicked' this time, I've lost 26.5lb in 10 weeks, just 1.5lb to go till goal! So close I can almost taste it! X
Awwww well done you!!! That is fabulous, how exciting!!! Thank you, Yes I am indeed hoping for that 1st 1/2 stone, fingers crossed!!! I wish I could exercise as that would help but I cant really do anything! Other than pottering about lol xx

Awwww well done you!!! That is fabulous, how exciting!!! Thank you, Yes I am indeed hoping for that 1st 1/2 stone, fingers crossed!!! I wish I could exercise as that would help but I cant really do anything! Other than pottering about lol xx

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you, even my eyes lol! X

Back