I'm back in the room!! Again! ....78lbs to go!!

Just catching up on diaries. ...its really hard to avoid chocolate at this time of year so try to not beat yourself up over it.

I find it really hard to stop at one piece so am trying to avoid it for as long as possible! To minimise the possible chocolate eating time!

Im a little behind with updating due to being super busy but better late than never :) So here is my last few days.....

Day 16

Breakfast - 50g oats and 200ml skimmed milk (255)
Snack Banana (100)
Lunch - Vegetable soup (140) I slice bread (90)
Snack - Low fat yogurt and few strawberries (140)
Dinner - chicken curry and side salad (300)
Snack - Fruit salad and low fat yogurt (160), highlights hot chocolate (40)

Total - 1225
Steps - 8964
Exercise - 30 min walk

Day 17

Exactly the same as day 16 food wise and exercise wise

Steps - 9148

Day 18

Breakfast - Low fat yogurt and Banana (200)
Snack - Apple and Banana (180)
Lunch - Chicken and veg soup - (210) and slice of bread (100)
Snack - Chocolate - 150
Dinner - Chicken fahita with rice and salad (500)
Snack - Highlights hot chocolate (40)

Total 1330 calories

Exercise - I didnt have time unfortunately
Steps - 6698

Day 19 - today :)

Breakfast - 50g oats with 200ml skimmed milk (255)
Snack - Banana (100)
Lunch Vegetable soup (140)
Snack - a small bit of chocolate cake (200)
Dinner - TBC

Total - TBC

Exercise - TBC

Steps - TBC

I hope everyone is having a fab week and i will pop back later for a serious catch up......feels like forever since i was last on here properly!! xxxx

Im a little behind with updating due to being super busy but better late than never :) So here is my last few days.....

Day 16

Breakfast - 50g oats and 200ml skimmed milk (255)
Snack Banana (100)
Lunch - Vegetable soup (140) I slice bread (90)
Snack - Low fat yogurt and few strawberries (140)
Dinner - chicken curry and side salad (300)
Snack - Fruit salad and low fat yogurt (160), highlights hot chocolate (40)

Total - 1225
Steps - 8964
Exercise - 30 min walk

Day 17

Exactly the same as day 16 food wise and exercise wise

Steps - 9148

Day 18

Breakfast - Low fat yogurt and Banana (200)
Snack - Apple and Banana (180)
Lunch - Chicken and veg soup - (210) and slice of bread (100)
Snack - Chocolate - 150
Dinner - Chicken fahita with rice and salad (500)
Snack - Highlights hot chocolate (40)

Total 1330 calories

Exercise - I didnt have time unfortunately
Steps - 6698

Day 19 - today :)

Breakfast - 50g oats with 200ml skimmed milk (255)
Snack - Banana (100)
Lunch Vegetable soup (140)
Snack - a small bit of chocolate cake (200)
Dinner - TBC

Total - TBC

Exercise - TBC

Steps - TBC

I hope everyone is having a fab week and i will pop back later for a serious catch up......feels like forever since i was last on here properly!! xxxx

Well done, sounds like you're having a great week!! :) :)

Morning Sarah :) I admire your super recording daily, keep at it. Is it weigh in tomorrow? Xx

Thank you everyone for your lovely support, your all amazing and keeping me focused :)

I unfortunately wont get to weigh in tmrw so will go Tuesday. I was going to go this morning but when I woke and went to leave the house, I noticed my house has been marked with spray paint, commonly done by burglars to come back at a later time!! So needless to say, i didnt get to weigh in :( I have reported it and will be keeping a very close eye on things!!

So, update time...... Im still on track, however today I am extremely bloated :( I think i could be due my period as I have not had one since my ectopic pregnancy 8 weeks ago....So im not hopeful of seeing a good number on the scale Tuesday, but I know I have been 100% so it will catch up im sure. I hate this feeling, my clothes are so tight and I just feel so uncomfortable and bloated :(

Day 20

Breakfast - Oats and skimmed milk (255)
Snack - Banana (100) and a cereal bar (100)
Lunch - Ham salad sandwhich (300)
Snack - Low fat yogurt (100)
Dinner - Chicken pasta bake with salad (495)
Snack - Fruit salad and low fat yogurt (150)

Total was 1130 ... but then I had hula hoops and a bar at 250 calories so total is 1380.

Exercise - 30 min walk and gardening

Steps - 8032

Day 21

Breakfast - Oats and skimmed milk (255)
Snack - Tracker bar (126)
Lunch - Chicken soup and large roll (358)
Snack - Banana (100)
Dinner - Chicken hotpot with fresh vegetables (332)
Snack - Low fat yogurt and pineapple and a double hot chocolate (248)

Total calories - 1409

Exercise - 30 min walk and gardening

Steps - TBC

Morning Sarah :) I admire your super recording daily, keep at it. Is it weigh in tomorrow? Xx

Aw thank you hun!! I try and log as much as i can. I track it on MFP and on my Fit Bit then transfer it to here. It helps keep me on track! :) How are you getting on? xx

Aw thank you hun!! I try and log as much as i can. I track it on MFP and on my Fit Bit then transfer it to here. It helps keep me on track! :) How are you getting on? xx

Not very good , but changes are in place as of today for sure.
Hoping your ok x

Whoop whoop!! Welcome back everybody!!!! I cant wait to catch up with you all!! My first diary post since Minimins returned :) I have really missed you all!!! ....Just a quick update....Well, for me NOTHING has changed :( My weight is still the same (that's kind of good though as it could of been much more! ) and I am still (still as in I have recently returned back to CC'ing) following Calorie Counting. In the few months we have been away I have dabbled with being totally off plan, to Weight Watchers and to Exante and back to WW and now back to CC. I am what you would certainly class as an unstable yoyo dieter and this NEEDS to stop!! I want stability and routine and so this is why I have returned to what I know best and what I know is going to give me the stability and routine I need, and hopefully the results too :)

Feel free to follow me as having you guys is definately my biggest motivation, I can't do it without your support. and of course I will be returning the favour too :)

BF - WW yogurt and fruit - 160 cals
L - Home made veg soup with 4 ryvita - 220 cal
D - Chicken salad with pitta bread - 470 cals
Snacks - Crisps - 200 cals, WW yogurt - 54 cals, semi skimmed milk - 100 cals

Total cals - 1304 :)

Last edited:
B - Bacon & Eggs - 352 cals
L - Home made veg soup - 150 cals
D - Home made quorn chilli with brown rice - 336 cals
Snacks - Christmas cake :) - 264 cals , 200ml Semi skimmed milk - 100 cals

Total - 1192 cals so far......I am 95% sure I will be eating this other bit of christmas cake I have here as it was too lovely and I wont resist it!! So my total will be 1456 cals!! Still not too bad I don't think......Would of been much worse if I wasn't counting that's for sure lol xx

Last edited:
Hmmm I have just read my opening post of this diary :( Wow, how things change!! I started off this year trying to be so positive and focused, thinking this was MY year....oh boy, my year it sure was but for all the wrong reasons!! .....Little did I know it would all go belly up in so many ways ...... January I split with my boyfriend (was no real loss to be honest, I had a very lucky escape there!) and was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, February I started to feel really unwell, March I am rushed to hospital with what turned out to be a ruptured ectopic pregnancy (not errrrmmmm 'done that' since before christmas and I had a coil fitted, so to be told I was pregnant was a shock!!) ..so I had massive internal bleeding and was very lucky to of survived :( ......Then of course we lost Minimins :( .....Since all this I have struggled with the mental side of the ectopic and physical aspects of Fibro, and have since been diagnosed with arthritis in my hands, feet, ankles and knees....and I have Mortons Neuroma of both feet for good measure. And just because that's not enough I am suffering with the effects of PCOS and endometriosis quite badly since my ectopic in March...plays havoc with weightloss! . I am now waiting a few ops next year to hopefully deal with a few of my problems....but I am happy about that as it will help me in lots of ways :).......So what a blinking year this turned out to be eh!! Oh and needless to say, I didn't reach my weight target as planned, in fact I didn't lose anything at all over this year (may even end it slightly heavier than it started) ....but that is hardly surprising when I look at the whole picture. I am however one to look at the positive side of things and so with that in mind...... I am thankful I kicked the ex's back side to the kirb :) I am happy I am still here to battle on :) and I am happy we have Minimins back :) I am glad I still tried with my weight loss otherwise I am sure I'll be considerably heavier now if I didn't, and I am very blessed to have my wonderful 2 children (both boys 6yrs & 19yrs) who have helped me through it all :) and the year is not over yet and I intend to end it on a high!!!! :) .....2016 should be a breeze I reckon ;)

Any way, the purpose of this post is to say that no matter what life throws at you.....never give up!!! But get up, dust yourself off and keep going......We are closer to our goal every day that we do which is a step closer than if we give up :) xxxx

Oh crikey, hon - I was just saying on my diary how well you were doing, but now I've read all that, it's even more impressive! You're doing brilliantly, you've definitely got this! :) xx

Oh crikey, hon - I was just saying on my diary how well you were doing, but now I've read all that, it's even more impressive! You're doing brilliantly, you've definitely got this! :) xx

Awww bless you, thank you!! Yes I can't deny it has been a very tough year but all this does is fires me up for the year to come :) I have woke up this morning so dertermined!! Over recent weeks I have put so much pressure on myself to get 'more active' thinking thats what I 'have' to do....but all it's done is set me back :( So now I am focusing just on the nutrition side of things and already feel like a weight has been lifted :) .....I use MFP to track so hopefully that will be just the tool I need to work out how many calories I need. If there is any advice you have I would be ever so grateful, as you certainly cracked it :) ....Watch this space :) xxx

Arrrggghhhhhh I could scream!! ....I just went to get weighed (I get weighed on a machine that prints a ticket) and it says my weight is right up :( Today I am 15st 6lb!!!! That is my highest weight for a long time....216lbs! :( I know I haven't been focused for a while but this week I was good so I didn't expect that.

THIS IS IT!! No more playing about, no more half hearted attempts, no more Christmas cake (yep I couldn't resist it!) ......I feel totally motivated and focused and inspired (thank you TracyGWill!!) I can put as many excuses in my way as I wish, but I will not reach my goal if I do. Having just spoke to friends and family this morning, they all say 'Oh its ok, diet after christmas' NOOO!!! It's now or never!!!

BRAND NEW START!! 100% committed

So today is DAY 1!! I have 69lbs to lose to reach my goal of 147lbs which is 10st 7lbs.......with no exercise due to health but with good old fashioned calorie counting...So here goes :) .......

DAY 1

B - Oats with semi skimmed milk and banana 360 cals
L - Roast chicken with steamed veg and new potatoes 329 cals
T -Warburtons thins, wafer ham and salad 274 cals
Snacks - Apple, low fat yogurt, tinned fruit cocktail and sugar free jelly, Bournville hot chocolate drink 368 cals
TOTAL - 1331 cals :)

Last edited:
I agree with you, Sarah-Louise, there's over three weeks to Christmas, you can lose a decent amount by then instead of actually putting weight on. So well done on ignoring the advice to leave it until the new year! Your disappointing weigh-in is probably just a blip, but I know how disheartening it can be - just ignore it and carry on! :)

In terms of advice, I suppose the main thing I would say is to not pay any attention to the so-called dieting rules, just do what works for you. For example, I don't eat breakfast, don't drink water, don't exercise, eat loads of carbs, and eat my main meal at 11pm, lol. But that's what works for me. As long as I keep to my calorie allowance, it's all fine. At Christmas, I usually try to stay on track up until Christmas Eve (ignoring all the goodies at work!), then have around 3-4 days of eating whatever I want, by which time I feel so sick that I'm usually glad to get back to normal! :) xx

I agree with you, Sarah-Louise, there's over three weeks to Christmas, you can lose a decent amount by then instead of actually putting weight on. So well done on ignoring the advice to leave it until the new year! Your disappointing weigh-in is probably just a blip, but I know how disheartening it can be - just ignore it and carry on! :)

In terms of advice, I suppose the main thing I would say is to not pay any attention to the so-called dieting rules, just do what works for you. For example, I don't eat breakfast, don't drink water, don't exercise, eat loads of carbs, and eat my main meal at 11pm, lol. But that's what works for me. As long as I keep to my calorie allowance, it's all fine. At Christmas, I usually try to stay on track up until Christmas Eve (ignoring all the goodies at work!), then have around 3-4 days of eating whatever I want, by which time I feel so sick that I'm usually glad to get back to normal! :) xx

Thank you :) Yes I don't feel right to just not try....I aim to be under 200lbs by New Year and staying focused is the difference of reaching that or gaining at least half a stone, and I know which side I would rather be on!! :)

Thank you too for your lovely advice, I couldn't agree more! Everyone is different and I need to figure out what works best for me. I am starting with what MFP says for lightly active life style. I was going to set it for sedentary but that said 1200 calories and I know 1200 calories doesn't work for me as when I tried the 1200 calorie diet last year, I gained weight and was too hungry all the time :( 1300-1400 seems to work for me so I am staying between that figure....MFP says 1340 :) ...I will eat as I wish Christmas Eve through to Boxing Day but will still keep an eye on it and not go over the top. Alcohol wont be a problem as the amount of meds I am on, I'm not able to drink anyway so it all comes down to food and goodies :) xx

Good Morning Everyone :)

I hope you are all doing great. I was very excited to see on the welcome thread that our member has returned thanks to admin sending out some emails informing we are back! I'm sure the first of many :)

I have awoken today after what I thought was a good nights sleep...but I don't think it was as good as I thought as I am so tired already and its not even lunch time...oh the joys of having fibromyalgia :( I am awaiting some workmen to arrive as over the last 2 weeks I have been having my bathroom refitted to accommodate my condition, which in itself has been very tough to get through as it didn't go to plan due to needing the electrics rewired in the whole house .....I have had noise, mess, chaos and workmen in and out and no bath/shower facilities for over 2 weeks so far!! But you will be glad to know I have had access to a shower in that time!! :) It's just not the same as having your own and not needing to go out for it....which is exhausting for me!! Not to mention the pain :/ But on a positive note.....it is due for completion in the next day or 2 :) Floor is being laid this afternoon and hopefully the shower and screen tmrw and finishing off.....then I can at last enjoy!! :) ....and put my new accessories in when I finally decide which ones :) I feel like Christmas has come early!! :)

So, back to why I am here....a summary of my day calorie wise :)

DAY 2

B - Oats, semi skimmed milk and banana 360 cals
L - Warburtons thins, with lean bacon, lettuce and tomato 368 cals
D - Wholewheat pasta and chicken bake 353 cals
Snacks - WW yogurt x 2, sugar free jelly, apple, high lights hot choc 237 cals

TOTAL - 1317 cals :)

xx

Just wanted to pop in and say hello after I saw you posting on Tracy's diary :) I'm also a CCer so hi!

What a year you've had. It's amazeballs that you're still full of motivation for the dieting malarky.

I'm looking forward to following your diary :)

Back