• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I'm back ... the new brochure, got a question if anyone fancies taking a bash :P

sugar_face

I just read that you must be able to answer no to a bunch of health contraindications ?
One of them being bi polar, which I have.
My doctor said it was okay to go on, the only reason I've gone off track is because I moved and my money was a bit low for me to be ordering packs.

any clue why this is a no no now?

I know my medication makes me more hungry, but it's a case of just not eating the food haha :/
I lost just over two stone in 6 weeks on it before whilst on medication.

bizarre o_O

any other bi polars doing the diet?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
If you have contra-indications but your gp is fine and is keeping a watching view, then go with their advice. The reason it's in there is that the dramatic weight shift can affect your medication levels, and for your condition, vlcd's have a link with increased low moods. All of this is indicated for those folk self referring to S&S - if you did LL you would have to have your docs approval regardless, except they have recently changed to take the same self referring approach. When I started with LL I saw my practice nurse every 5 to 6 weeks for a weigh in and blood pressure check, we stopped doing this in January as there were no indications of any issues at all, and I was keen not to take up an appointment that could be used by someone actually in need of a nurse.

As long as your doc is fully aware, you are being monitored regularly and they are happy for you to continue on the plan, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
BTW - this is nothing new, when placing an order previously on the site you have ticked a box to say you are "fit" to follow the plan - clicking into the details will show everything that is now in the booklet too :)

sugar_face

Haha ooh right, I never knew it was anything to do with mental health. I thought it meant like your blood pressure and diabetes sort of health.
silly me -_- doy!

hahaha
:)

thank you anyways
xoxo