I'm back ... the new brochure, got a question if anyone fancies taking a bash :P

sugar_face

I just read that you must be able to answer no to a bunch of health contraindications ?
One of them being bi polar, which I have.
My doctor said it was okay to go on, the only reason I've gone off track is because I moved and my money was a bit low for me to be ordering packs.

any clue why this is a no no now?

I know my medication makes me more hungry, but it's a case of just not eating the food haha :/
I lost just over two stone in 6 weeks on it before whilst on medication.

bizarre o_O

any other bi polars doing the diet?

If you have contra-indications but your gp is fine and is keeping a watching view, then go with their advice. The reason it's in there is that the dramatic weight shift can affect your medication levels, and for your condition, vlcd's have a link with increased low moods. All of this is indicated for those folk self referring to S&S - if you did LL you would have to have your docs approval regardless, except they have recently changed to take the same self referring approach. When I started with LL I saw my practice nurse every 5 to 6 weeks for a weigh in and blood pressure check, we stopped doing this in January as there were no indications of any issues at all, and I was keen not to take up an appointment that could be used by someone actually in need of a nurse.

As long as your doc is fully aware, you are being monitored regularly and they are happy for you to continue on the plan, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

BTW - this is nothing new, when placing an order previously on the site you have ticked a box to say you are "fit" to follow the plan - clicking into the details will show everything that is now in the booklet too :)

Haha ooh right, I never knew it was anything to do with mental health. I thought it meant like your blood pressure and diabetes sort of health.
silly me -_- doy!

hahaha
:)

thank you anyways
xoxo

Back