1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

I'm back!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by markemkat, 29 December 2009 Social URL.

1. markemkat

markemkat Member

I did CD in Summer 08 and although I did very well with the SS part of the plan my CDC was not completely supportive of me working up the plans when I started to struggle. She wanted me to persevere with SS which I just couldn't at the time!!
    I have moved area and (hopefully) found a much more supportive CDC who is visiting me on Thursday with a start on Monday 4th!
    I hate to say it but I am an extra 10lbs on my original start weight a year and a half ago!!
    Anyway, I want be 11st if poss (only got to 12st 6 last time but got the "you look like a lollipop" comments from friends and family so I basically quit and thought I had done too much but now I know it wasn't enough and without the extra support from CDC I failed!!) so thats about 5st to lose :sigh: and wondered who else is starting (or restarting) in the New Year??!! We could all be our own support!!
    Thanks to all & here we go!!
    Em x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. NumNums

NumNums Becca

A few of us starting first couple of weeks of Jan. I'm the 6th hopefully!

When I told my CDC it was 2-3st she said
    "Oh... I wont get to know you that well before you're gone, it's that quick!' So I can't imagine 5st will take long hun.

I'm imagining me in a swim suit in the summer... or some lovely new nightware for hubby. That's keeping me motivated.

I'm choosing not to tell Family and Friends, only OH. I don't want snide remarks or comments.

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Well-Known Member

Glad you've found a better CDC ..a good one is worth their weight in gold...mine is SO supportive & encouraging...im sure she is a % of the reason ive done so well...seriously.

All the best to you xxxx

5. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Well-Known Member

Welcome back it's the best diet, i haven't told anybody i was doing CD only me mum knows, and im keeping it that way lol x

6. markemkat

markemkat Member

I think you are right - my old one was good until I couldn't seem to cope with SS anymore! Plus I had a few friends who did well but then stopped suddenly and a couple of them put weight back on so seem very against it again and when I tried to restart at the beginning of 2009 pretty much laughed at me!!
    My hubby is very supportive but other than him I don't think I will be telling anyone unless I need to. (my work is quite close-knit so may have to share a little!!)
    I am pleased to be on here though as it keeps me busy!! I only ever read the posts before so maybe this is a new positive step forward too!!
    Bring on the 4th!! x

7. Lily

Lily Well-Known Member

Welcome back! :D Yes, post lots - it really helps, especially if you come on here while everyone around you is eating!

And don't be afraid to post during the hard times - the folks on this board are fab at getting your head back into the right place!

8. Overtiredmum

Overtiredmum Well-Known Member

I too am returning, starting Monday 4 January. I have less to lose than originally, 2 stone for me this time, as opposed to 4 stone last time. Reached my target April 2008, then discovered I was pregnant in the July, its taken me a while to get my head into the right place but feel I am ready for it now and feeling determined.