I'm back!

SandraB

Gold Member
Hi all, had a fabulous weekend. Peter Kay was hilarious and we both cried with laughter......on the food front, left it too late on Friday to eat properly so Paul had a hot dog on the way out of the O2 and I had nothing.....not good as it meant I only had 2 meals on Friday. Saturday, Paul started with a full english and I had a shake......lunch for Paul and two snacks of cake! Exante bar for me! Dinner last night I stuck to what I'd planned and had a chicken breast, stuffed with ricotta and spinach. Asked for a rocket and Parmesan salad instead of chips and veg. Didn't have a starter but did have a couple of olives and a glass of sauvignon blanc!!! Gorgeous.... Had a shake again this morning and tonight had a smoked salmon salad at the Oyster Bar at the airport and a glass of Pinot Grigio. Home now and catching up on messages ......have I put on weight I wonder? Dunno but I was down another lb again on Friday morning.

Asked Paul today how much more he thought that I should lose and he said no more than half a stone, he doesn't know that I still intend to lose over 20lbs.....all the clothes that I'm wearing now are a size 12! Went to Selfridges to look at jeans and think that I'm going to get some 7 for all mankind (is that right?) but not until after Xmas when my hip will have healed.

Not sure if I'm still in ketosis and don't have any stix to test. Tomorrow is another day, goodnight, gonna watch Downton now x

Welcome back hun... I am really glad you both had a good time

Well done for not falling completely off the wagon x x x

Wow thats very impressive how you managed to stay on track all weekend!! Well done you!! If you are not still in ketosis then there is no justice.

As for asking a MAN how much weight you need to lose, what do they know. Really. To them 7lbs is pretty much the same as 20lbs lol. Good luck and well done, you are doing great! A real inspiration on how to do it properly.

Ah, so good that you had a good weekend Sandra and it's so impressive that you stuck to your guns and didn't cheat any more than you had planned. I love Peter Kay too, he is just hilarious :)

I was wondering why it was so quiet about here this weekend! I forgot you were away.

Glad you had a good time and stayed on your plan!

Well done Sandra that is great will power. I would be surprised if you dont lose this week. I am so glad you had a good time. and just to add my husband thought my eldest son weighed a stone the other day haha he's 4 and weighed half that at birth. so don't take too much notice haha.

Glad you had a good weekend away Sandra. Welcome home :) xx

Just what you needed Sandra I reckon! How was the wine?? pmsl xxx

Wellcome back, glad you had a fantastic time we all deserve to let our hair down sometimes

But oh my god you missed some fantastic poo talk pmsl xx

Well done for the weekend Sandra. As for your OH, I think he must be confident in your relationship to express any opinion on your weight, and even then, imagine what you would have thought ( said ! ) if he had suggested more than your goal loss :)

Congratulations again, on the weekend great will power.

Well....jumped on the scales this morning and have lost another 2lbs!!! That's 4 in total since Wednesday's shitty weigh in.....have run out of LT so am doing Exante until I finish the box that I got, don't like their shakes much......

In response to everyones' comments....

Amanda, will doubtless catch up on the poo threads at some point!

Kerry and Lynn, my OH is, unfortunately unlike most 'normal' men in that he used to work in top-end designer retail (think Balmain, Balenciaga, CD, YSL etc) so he's only too well aware of sizes and weight ......

Kev, we have been together for 20 years and I did ask him for his opinion as I don't think that I see myself as I am! My clothes are saying size 12 and if I catch sight of myself in the mirror I can see that I have lost weight but I'm still overweight according to the BMI charts.....but perhaps not as much as I think?

Daisy, the wine........OMG, just divine!

So I'm back on track today, have no real desire to carry on eating at the moment. The Dukan Diet book has arrived in the post and I'm going to start reading it later.

Have a good week everyone XX

lost 2 stone in a day lol love perer kay

He has some great observations on weight and dieting.......always start on a Monday.....

Hey Sandra, Well done on WI this week. Glad you had a great weekend and stuck to what you planned....I was not good for diwali and had to attend one of the dinners which I could not get out of....but I mostly had vege and salad. My WI is tonight...lets see how it goes......:eek:

Hey Sandra, Well done on WI this week. Glad you had a great weekend and stuck to what you planned....I was not good for diwali and had to attend one of the dinners which I could not get out of....but I mostly had vege and salad. My WI is tonight...lets see how it goes......:eek:

Thanks, I'm pretty chuffed that I stuck to my plan and it worked, apart from the vino! Paul went pretty nuts TBH....not like him, but I think it may be cos I haven't been buying ANYTHING in the way of 'treats' for him recently - so I wouldn't be tempted:) Did get him a couple of boxes of Lindor (my absolute fav chocs) at the airport, they're sat on the coffee table now and he has two a night.....at that rate they're going to last for weeks and I'm sure that they're winking at me;)

Just feel proud of yourself too that you ate veg and salad not a whole load of fattening stuff. Sometimes you have to go out and it's a good test for the future.

Good luck for your weigh in :cross:

Thx hun.....hummmm my favourite choc too! I used go through the whole box in one go very easily!!! not sure if I can do that now....which is a very good thing I suppose.Hope Paul really enjoys the chocs and has one on me as well.

Thx hun.....hummmm my favourite choc too! I used go through the whole box in one go very easily!!! not sure if I can do that now....which is a very good thing I suppose.Hope Paul really enjoys the chocs and has one on me as well.

they're bloody tempting aren't they? That and green triangles ......

Women you're killing me (lol)....I love those chocs and the green triangles Sandra...my friend makes a chocolate biscuit cake using Lindor choc mixed with Cadbury choc..let me just tell you it is Divine!!! mmmmmm..

Back