I'm Back!!!

louisa83

I began my weight loss journey with the Cambridge Diet in January 2010 unfortunately I had a few deaths in the family and I stopped.

I have been trying on and off since then. It's my 28th tomorrow and I really want to something about weight. I went to see my lovely CDC we are like old friends now. I've started today, I feel great and feel very confident about my success.

Going to Spain @ the end of August and i'm deciding whether I should stay on the diet in Spain.

Good luck everyone, this site is such a great support x

Welcome back then, and I am sorry for your losses. Hopefully things have stabilised now and you're raring to go.

I personally would stay on CD, as it would seem pointless to do the diet for a few weeks and then go on hols and possibly ruin it, not to mention that even if you didn't have a complete diet blow out you might have a very hard time getting back on after you get back. After all, the time left before you go is just enough time really to mentally get into the "zone" of the diet.

But, if you think it wouldn't be a problem for you to get back on when you come back, well I suppose that's an option. I'd give it some serious thought. You might be better off holding off your start until you come back from Spain, when you can completely focus on your weight loss journey :)

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do!

It depends on how you spend your holidays! When I go on holiday, I like to eat out and enjoy the different cuisine (I'm also going to Spain at around the same time). Even though I plan on eating healthy when I'm there, I still want to eat!
As CG says though, if you think you can get back on the plan after the holiday then go for it. I agree though that you might find it easier to start when you come back.

Move up a step or two or even three for your holiday! That way you can eat one nice meal a day, just watching the carbs, and maybe have a couple of real treat nights. Best of all you won't feel that you are 'cheating' - this leads to guilt which I think usually causes surrender to bingeing.

Then again you will be on holiday, you have looked forward to this for ages, so you could techically take that time off. If you do then I would say, eat more but stay low carb most days.

Either way have a wonderful holiday!

Back