IM BACK!!!!

i no u can have it on atkins not sure bout dukans and i get any think they sell lol just check the label most don't contain any carbs ,

RawrGirl likes Atkins too, but at a certain weight, she just stopped losing. She thinks her calories were too high even though her net carbs were 20 or less. She plans on doing Atkins to maintain as she is now so used to not eating bread or pasta (but will allow herself pizza and cake on occasion). She loved eating pepperoni and cheese, mayo, butter, bacon, and other stuff like that. :D

What is crackling?

pork scratchings... yeah that what im worried about because im so close to target that my loses will stop but then i will do a calory counting with low carbs diet will defently maintain with atkins as i get out of the binge habbit with atkins and eat 3 seat meals a day instead of food here there and every where, ive just noticed where the same hight and weight lol what diet are u follwing rawgirl??

There are a lot of people on other forums I follow who have got themselves to tiny BMIs using Atkins. Weight loss slows down as you near target on any diet but Atkins seems to actually give an advantage - you can eat more calories as ketosis metabolizes the fat calories differently, something that wouldn't happen on tight calorie restriction.

thank you so much moonlight that put my mind to rest..... thank you very much x

RawrGirl is doing a 12-week 800 calorie VLCD based on a study that demands a rigorous strength training routine to accompany it. (The study had participants doing 3 total body workouts a week, but RawrGirl does 6 -- 3 upper body and 3 lower body on alternate days.) Weeks 1-5 are 2 sets per exercise of 8-12 reps. Weeks 5-8 are 3 sets. Weeks 9-12 are 4 sets. (At the end of the study, the participants who lifted weights lost 1 pound of muscle, compared to the participants who did cardio but no weights who lost 9 pounds of muscle. 1 pound of muscle equals 50 calories burned a day, so the cardio VLCD people now have to subtract 450 calories from what they eat to maintain, while the strength training group only have to subtract 50)

The diet is 800 calories, and requires 80 grams a protein a day. It didn't mention fat or carbs.

So RawrGirl has a chocolate protein shake for breakfast and another one for lunch, then she eats chicken and sometimes lean ground beef and veggies and cheese for dinner (usually in a grilled low carb wrap). Basically she eats quesadillas every single day, but she mixes and matches them -- some days will be chicken with low carb barbecue sauce, red onion, and cheddar cheese. Other days it's chicken with spinach dip and mozz. On weekends it's ground beef with jalapeno cream cheese ranch. She eats all these in her low carb wrap which she sprays with olive oil and then sprinkles garlic powder on and then grills. She has also discovered she is in love with asparagus, so she sometimes makes that too with sour cream and cheddar cheese. There are many other varieties of quesadillas she makes (chicken fajita with mozz, cheddar and pepperjack; steak strips with pepper jack and avocado , and she's been eating them for supper ever since she started Atkins over 2 years ago, and still not tired of them. :D

Oh, on the weekends, RawrGirl doesn't stick to 800 calories. She eats 1500 calories on Saturday and Sunday, and 1200 calories on Sunday. Once a month, she has a treat weekend and lets herself go out of Ketosis. (Last weekend was her Sept treat, she had pizza, some fried food, a Stromboli etc -- but she's not allowed to binge, and she didn't have any dessert --except for an inch square of brownie and 1/4 of a chocolate chip muffin. She wasn't supposed to have them, but they were on the table at her church and looked really yummy.)

She knows that it's supposed to be 800 calories a day for the whole 12 weeks, but 1) she'd never make it over the weekend like that (her vodka alone Fri and Sat nights is 500 calories :p ) and 2) she doesn't want her body to "forget" what it's like to eat. (This is also why she eats chicken and veggies for dinner rather than just having another shake.)

So, yea, that's RawrGirl's diet/fitness plan. It's mostly based on that study she found, but she has certainly tweaked it to more realistically fit into her lifestyle. She doesn't have a scale (as she was an addict and Prince Charming hid it), but her measurements have gone down each week. They are posted on her diary today as it's Friday if you wanted to see.

oh wow sound very complicated and defently understand why you alow yourself more kcal over weekends and a bad weekend once a month will keep you motivated, what a great plan to follow and very nice of the other half hidding the scales lol will defently have a read of your diary... and thanks for the leg comment lol but i bet yours look as good as mine now , :-D

i ahvent got a diary hun but im still here lol need to update more i no x just been really busy

Back