I'M BACK :-)

Well today I have been off work and my OH decided we would go out for dinner.....I didn't have any breakfast but we went to an all you can eat restaurant and I felt I didn't go too overboard but he is roughly what I ate:

I had 2 duck pancakes for starter, 1 tiny spring roll, 1 mushroom in batter. I then I had 1 slice of pizza, literally 6 chips, 2 onion rings. I then had a bit of rice, tiny bit of korma, chicken tikka pieces and 1/2 poppadom. I had 1 scoop of ice cream and 3 profiteroles. I aint a clue what syns I had but don't think it would be over the top!

For tea I just had 2 slices of toast with Jam (2 syns) as I weren't hungry after dinner

Fri 6/9 - EE day

Breakie - 2 slices of w/meal toast (hb) and 2 poached eggs

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Jacket potato with chilli and cheese (ha)

Tea - Nandos chicken (0.5), peppers, mushrooms, pitta bread (7), sw chips and batchelors savoury rice.

Daily syns - 7.5

Your diary is looking good. Have you settled into your new house?
I'm doing ok, up and down with the diet as always. I joined a group, but aren't getting much from it, so when the six weeks that I paid for are up I'm not going to go anymore. I get more support on here and find keeping my food diary going a big help.
Keep up the good work!

Sent from my galaxy note 2

Hi Rachel - it's a pain when it's TOTM as some months I found it affected my weigh in and then other months it didn't...it's weird!

Hi Babytree - how did you get on at weigh in?

Hi, Yes it is a pain! I think it affected me with about 2lbs this month! Seems to have gone now, let's hope I can keep it off! :)

How was you weekend? How is it all going? I seem to be getting on track with it all now. Gutted the cold weather is coming though! I always want to eat more at this time of year! x

Your diary is looking good. Have you settled into your new house?
I'm doing ok, up and down with the diet as always. I joined a group, but aren't getting much from it, so when the six weeks that I paid for are up I'm not going to go anymore. I get more support on here and find keeping my food diary going a big help.
Keep up the good work!

Aww thanks Mandyboo. Yes I am finally settled in my new house and absolutely love it!! Ah you are better off not paying then if you don't feel you are getting anything from it. I was going to sign up to do it online but when I saw the price I thought otherwise as I can't believe it's the same price for online membership as it is going to a group. The only thing I miss about not going is having the online facility to check syns etc but I am quite lucky as my mum is a member and she lets me log on with her details to check syns etc :) It's good to see you are still at it :) x

Hi, Yes it is a pain! I think it affected me with about 2lbs this month! Seems to have gone now, let's hope I can keep it off! :)

How was you weekend? How is it all going? I seem to be getting on track with it all now. Gutted the cold weather is coming though! I always want to eat more at this time of year! x

Wow 2lb is a big difference but the good thing is you know why there is a difference and it should show on the scales this week :) I had a good weekend for my social life but a bad weekend for the diet haha. I have had 2 bad days this week but they were planned before I had got serious on the diet so I knew to expect them. I went out Saturday night drinking and let my hair down haha. I had a 100% week last week and I have been 100% 5 days this week...so I am hoping for a small loss tonight...would be happy with a lb as I was gutted with a maintain last week.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the cold weather either as when it's cold I want hot chocolates, more cups of tea which often results in biscuits being dunked! I also find I struggle to eat Salads in winter as I want something warm so going to have to get back in to making some soups for work.

Good to see you are getting back on track :) x

Wow 2lb is a big difference but the good thing is you know why there is a difference and it should show on the scales this week :) I had a good weekend for my social life but a bad weekend for the diet haha. I have had 2 bad days this week but they were planned before I had got serious on the diet so I knew to expect them. I went out Saturday night drinking and let my hair down haha. I had a 100% week last week and I have been 100% 5 days this week...so I am hoping for a small loss tonight...would be happy with a lb as I was gutted with a maintain last week.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the cold weather either as when it's cold I want hot chocolates, more cups of tea which often results in biscuits being dunked! I also find I struggle to eat Salads in winter as I want something warm so going to have to get back in to making some soups for work.

Good to see you are getting back on track :) x

I'm re-starting my weigh ins for Mondays. I seem to work better with Mondays and I also seem to eat less at the weekend!

Never mind about eating a little off plan! I too ate a naughty treat.... 1/2 a tub of Ben and Jerry's! Oops.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a loss for you :)

Do you know any good soup recipes? I'm goingto try and make bulk meals so I can eat it the next day at work! x

I'm re-starting my weigh ins for Mondays. I seem to work better with Mondays and I also seem to eat less at the weekend!

Never mind about eating a little off plan! I too ate a naughty treat.... 1/2 a tub of Ben and Jerry's! Oops.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a loss for you :)

Do you know any good soup recipes? I'm goingto try and make bulk meals so I can eat it the next day at work! x

Yeah I like Monday weigh ins too as like you say it helps you stay in control over the weekends! OMG I LOVE Ben and Jerry's.....phish food is my fave :)

Ah thank you....won't be happy if it's another maintain or gain haha!

Well regards soups I must say I have tried doing lots but found I never enjoyed any that I did....the only one I enjoyed was Leek and potatoe soup...it was yummy so I shall try and find that recipe out and post it for you but if you look on the recipe page there is a page called Pete's Recipe book and there is absolutely loads of fab recipes with pictures and I do know he has a lot of soup recipes on there :) x

These are a few I had saved from his blog:

Pete’s Leek and Potato Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

1Ltr Knorr Chicken Stock (made from 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot dissolved in boiling water)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped (s)(sff)
2 large leeks, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped (ff)
1-2 tbsp. very finely chopped chives
½ Tsp mixed herbs
Splash of Worcester Sauce
Chives

Method

Using a large saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, add the onion, leek and potato and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that the vegetables sweat (that is cook without colouring.)

Make up the stock with hot water. Add the stock to the sweated vegetables and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes.

Use a hand blender blitz until smooth. Sprinkle with chives

Pete’s Superior Tomato Soup

Serves 2

Ingredients

400g of chopped tomatoes (s)(sff)
600mL stock using a vegetable stock cube
1 small onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 small carrot, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 stick of celery, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1/8 sweet red pepper, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “Worcester sauce”
1 tbsp sweetener

Method

Cut up the onion and put into a saucepan after spraying with Fry Light and cook until transparent. Cut up the carrot, sweet pepper & Celery into small pieces and add to the pan, add the vegetable stock and garlic mix for 2 mins, stirring all the time.

Add the tomatoes to the stock and cook for a few minutes and add a few drops of Worcester sauce.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins then remove from the heat and using a liquidiser reduce to liquid. Add seasoning and sweetener to taste. Return to the heat for a further 10 mins.

Pete’s Onion Soup

Serves 4

Ingredients

3 medium onions (s)(sff)
1 tbsp. sweetener
1 Ltr beef stock (Knorr rich beef stock pot)
1 tsp garlic(sff)
1 garlic clove
56g low fat cheddar cheese, grated (from daily allowance) or 8syn in total
1 tsp Dried thyme
2 slices from a 400g loaf=1 Heb
* 175mL medium white wine=6 syn

Method

Cook the onions and garlic in a pan sprayed with Fry Light until soft, add the sweetener and *white wine, continue to cook for 35-40 mins on a low/medium heat, stirring regularly until they are soft, sticky and sweet. Add stock, thyme, salt & pepper and cook for a further 20 mins.

Prepare two slightly stale slices of bread (from your daily allowance) rub with the garlic clove then cover with the cheese and place under the grill and cook until the cheese is bubbling. Either cut the bread and float it on the soup or as a side dish!

Pete’s Healthy Winter Soup (V)

Serves 4

Ingredients

410g chopped tomato (s)(sff)
1 onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 chilli, finely chopped, deseeded (s)(sff)
1 carrot, finely chopped (s)(sff)
1 celery stick (s)(sff)
200g garden peas (ss)(ff)
410g cannellini beans (s)(ff)
Splash of Worcester sauce
750mL veg stock
1tbsp sweetener

Method

Cut all the veg to size, spray a deep saucepan with fry Light and add the onion, celery, carrot & chilli, cook until soft, add the beans, tomato & peas and stock, bring to a boil then reduce the heat & simmer for 20 mins. Add the Worcester sauce, and season with salt & pepper.
This soup is better when reheated.

I do have the little book of soups at home from slimming world group so if there is any in particular you would like the recipe for I can post it for you later :) I will do a list of what is in the book when I get home and post it x

I do have the little book of soups at home from slimming world group so if there is any in particular you would like the recipe for I can post it for you later :) I will do a list of what is in the book when I get home and post it x

That would be great, thank you! I think I'm going to go to the meetings as of October, going to go with my cousin. The thought of going on my own petrifies me!

I really appreciate that, thank you :)

The only soup I've like is an asparagus soup recipe which I found online! x

Words like 'phish food' should be banned from minimins - even thinking about it makes me gain weight :D

I've tried lots of soup recipes too and not made one that I've enjoyed very much. Asda to a couple of soup veg packs, and the pea and mint is lovely.

Pleased you're enjoying your new home. Good luck for wi x

Yeah I like Monday weigh ins too as like you say it helps you stay in control over the weekends! OMG I LOVE Ben and Jerry's.....phish food is my fave :)

Ah thank you....won't be happy if it's another maintain or gain haha!

Well regards soups I must say I have tried doing lots but found I never enjoyed any that I did....the only one I enjoyed was Leek and potatoe soup...it was yummy so I shall try and find that recipe out and post it for you but if you look on the recipe page there is a page called Pete's Recipe book and there is absolutely loads of fab recipes with pictures and I do know he has a lot of soup recipes on there :) x

I didn't see this message! Thank you for the recipes you posted, I shall have to try one!

I love phish food too, will have to have ice cream as a monthly treat! Something to look forward to I guess! :) xx

Well ladies I maintained AGAIN!! I suppose I should be happy with a maintain after having 2 bad days but I felt with 12 out of 14 days being 100% that I would have had some sort of loss. Anyway tomorrow is a new day so I shall be back to write my weekly food diary tomorrow :) x

Aw! I feel your pain, it's better than a gain though. Stick at it and you should get a good loss sometime soon x

Right ladies...in my little book of soups I have the following:

Creamy Gazpacho ------------------ Thai green chick
Spinach and yogurt ----------------- hot and sour seafood
Vichyssoise --------------------------spiced red lentil dhal
Chilled melon and ginger -------------- French onion
Chilled cucumber and mint ------------ Scotch broth
Prawn Bisque ------------------------- Rustic bean and pasta
Lettuce soup with peas ---------------- hearty bean and vegetable
Creamed carrot and beetroot ----------- pea and ham
Quick chicken and noodle --------------- Roast mediterranean vegetabke
Roasted tomato and basil --------------- Lentil broth
Pea and mint --------------------------- Mixed root vegetable
Pistou ---------------------------------- Minestrone
Watercress ----------------------------- Chicken
Curried parsnip and apple ---------------- Country vegetable
Indian green pea ------------------------- Borscht
Chinese chicken and mushroom ------------ Carrot and ginger
Spicy beef -------------------------------- Roasted yellow pepper
Curried lamb ------------------------------- Butternut squash
Moroccan chickpea ------------------------ Leek and potato
red pepper -------------------------------- Creamy mushroom
Mexican black bean ----------------------- Cauliflower cheese soup
Spinach, sage and potato ---------------- Moroccan roasted sweet potato

If anyone would like the ingredients and recipe to any of the above I will gladly post them :) x

Aw! I feel your pain, it's better than a gain though. Stick at it and you should get a good loss sometime soon x

Thanks Mandyboo, it certainly is better than a gain. I am hoping it comes next week as I can't cope with no loss 3 weeks on trot. I have no plans for this week so should manage a good week. I am going to aim for 10 and under syns each day this week too x

Tuesday 10/09/13 - EE Day

Breakie

1/2 sachet of porridge (2.5) - kindly brought up by my OH this morning after he had come in from doing a 10 hour night shift :) I ate this at 6.45am so I shall be having a banana and yogurt at about 9.30am

Lunch

Pasta bake - pasta shells, ham, peppers, mushrooms, 1 tbsp Aldi lighter garlic and herb soft cheese (1), lighter cheddar (ha). 1 pineapple snack bag.

pasta.jpg

Tea

Tea was very random tonight as we couldnt decide what to have so my OH decided we would have his version of corned beef hash which is literally mash with corned beef mixed in, so 4.5 syns for 150g of corned beef. Also had 2 w/meal bread with butter (3.5)

Daily syns = 11.5
Weekly syns = 11.5/105

Last edited:
Back