I'M BACK :-)

Well ladies I maintained AGAIN!! I suppose I should be happy with a maintain after having 2 bad days but I felt with 12 out of 14 days being 100% that I would have had some sort of loss. Anyway tomorrow is a new day so I shall be back to write my weekly food diary tomorrow :) x

Hey, a maintain is definitely better than a gain! You will get there, I think sometimes it just takes a little while to get into the diet and know what foods you can and cannot eat. I'm determined this time round for it to work, tried it 3 times already and never succeeded but then again I never really stuck to it 100%! My cousin has lost 1 stone in 5 months and another friend lost 1 stone in 16 weeks! WE CAN DO IT!

Maybe try the odd day on Green or Red? I think I'll have to do that eventually as I find myself eating too many carbs! Just stick at it and you will get the results you want :)

x

Right ladies...in my little book of soups I have the following:

Creamy Gazpacho ------------------ Thai green chick
Spinach and yogurt ----------------- hot and sour seafood
Vichyssoise --------------------------spiced red lentil dhal
Chilled melon and ginger -------------- French onion
Chilled cucumber and mint ------------ Scotch broth
Prawn Bisque ------------------------- Rustic bean and pasta
Lettuce soup with peas ---------------- hearty bean and vegetable
Creamed carrot and beetroot ----------- pea and ham
Quick chicken and noodle --------------- Roast mediterranean vegetabke
Roasted tomato and basil --------------- Lentil broth
Pea and mint --------------------------- Mixed root vegetable
Pistou ---------------------------------- Minestrone
Watercress ----------------------------- Chicken
Curried parsnip and apple ---------------- Country vegetable
Indian green pea ------------------------- Borscht
Chinese chicken and mushroom ------------ Carrot and ginger
Spicy beef -------------------------------- Roasted yellow pepper
Curried lamb ------------------------------- Butternut squash
Moroccan chickpea ------------------------ Leek and potato
red pepper -------------------------------- Creamy mushroom
Mexican black bean ----------------------- Cauliflower cheese soup
Spinach, sage and potato ---------------- Moroccan roasted sweet potato

If anyone would like the ingredients and recipe to any of the above I will gladly post them :) x

Ooooh thank you! I'd very much appreciate the recipes for;

pea & mint
watercress
red pepper
spinach, sage, potato
french onion
pea & ham

Thank you! :) x

Hey, a maintain is definitely better than a gain! You will get there, I think sometimes it just takes a little while to get into the diet and know what foods you can and cannot eat. I'm determined this time round for it to work, tried it 3 times already and never succeeded but then again I never really stuck to it 100%! My cousin has lost 1 stone in 5 months and another friend lost 1 stone in 16 weeks! WE CAN DO IT!

Maybe try the odd day on Green or Red? I think I'll have to do that eventually as I find myself eating too many carbs! Just stick at it and you will get the results you want :)

x

Yes that is very true.....rather it not be going up! I think you may right about red and green too when I can as I think when I am doing EE I am probably not getting as much superfree with some of my meals as I should. For instance with my dinner today...surely the little fruit after isn't a sufficient enough amount :-s

We will definitely get there....I know I can do it as I lost 1st 4lbs last year on it and I am still 10lbs lighter than I was when I started last year so all is not lost and tbh when I lost that weight I got rid of all my clothes that were too big so I can't afford to put any more on as I won't have any clothes that fit haha x

Here goes with the recipes :)

Pea & Mint soup - serves 4 is freezer and vegetarian friendly and takes 40 minutes to make

Ingredients:

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
600g frozen peas
1 litre vegetable stock
6 tbsp very finely chopped fresh mint
fat free natural yogurt to serve

Place the onion, celery, garlic, peas and stock in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes.

Using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend the soup with the chopped mint until smooth. Remove from the heat and serve immediately, drizzled with the yogurt and a sprinkling of black pepper.

Syns = free on EE and Green and 5 syns on red

Watercress Soup - Serves 4 is freezer and vegetarian friendly and takes 25-30 minutes

Ingredients:

2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
200g watercress, finely chopped
1 litre vegetable stock
6 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fat free natural fromage frais and watercress sprigs to serve

Place the onions, garlic, potato, watercress, stock and parsley in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Cover and cook gently for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

Using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth. Season to taste and serve the soup with a swirl of fromage frais and a sprig of watercress.

Syns = Free on EE and Green and 1.5 syns on red

Red Pepper soup - Serves 4, is vegetarian friendly and takes 45 minutes

Ingredients:

2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
Low calorie cooking spray
900ml vegetable stock
1 level tbsp tomato puree
500g carton passata
Salt and pepper
A handful of rocket leaves, to serve

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/gas 6.

Place the peppers, chilli, onion and carrots in a roasting tin, spray with fry light and roast for 35 minutes or until tender.

Place the roasting tin over a low heat on the hob and pour over the stock, tomato puree and passata. Bring to the boil, scraping up any pan juices, then allow to cool a little. Transfer to a food processor, season well and blend until smooth.

This is free on all plans

Yes that is very true.....rather it not be going up! I think you may right about red and green too when I can as I think when I am doing EE I am probably not getting as much superfree with some of my meals as I should. For instance with my dinner today...surely the little fruit after isn't a sufficient enough amount :-s

We will definitely get there....I know I can do it as I lost 1st 4lbs last year on it and I am still 10lbs lighter than I was when I started last year so all is not lost and tbh when I lost that weight I got rid of all my clothes that were too big so I can't afford to put any more on as I won't have any clothes that fit haha x

I think the same goes for me! I might see how I get on with EE this week and then go back to red/green with EE weekends! I think I just get lazy with the planning!

What a great loss you had! How long did it take you to lose that amount? Did you find back then that sometimes you'd have weeks with no loss?

Nearly 4 years ago I went through the 'heart break' diet and starved about 10lbs off myself! It's all gone back on now I'm happy again! Anyway, my clothes still fit but the shorts I wore on holiday then that were baggy are now so tight around my thighs! So aiming for that kind of loss again - without the starvation! haha (It was unintentional starvation - idiot of a boyfriend at the time dumped me over Christmas! Blessing in disguise though!)

Thank you for the recipes, I'll be saving these now! Once I've found myself a good microwavable soup container I'll be cooking them!

x

French onion soup - serves 4, is freezer and vegetarian friendly and takes 50-55 minutes

Ingredients:

Fry light
6 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 litre of vegetable stock
Salt and peper
Fresh thyme sprigs to serve

Spray a heavy based saucepan with fry light. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 20-25 minutes over a very low heat, until golden brown.

Stir well before adding the thyme and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season the soup, garnish with thyme sprigs and serve immediately.

Free on all plans

Hi Chloe,

Thanks, they are all out of the slimming world little book of soups book! Must say I have tried the pea and mint one and I really enjoyed it and I really want to try the french onion soup so think that will be next on my list. If there are any recipes from the list above you'd like, I don't mind posting it :) x

I think the same goes for me! I might see how I get on with EE this week and then go back to red/green with EE weekends! I think I just get lazy with the planning!

What a great loss you had! How long did it take you to lose that amount? Did you find back then that sometimes you'd have weeks with no loss?

Nearly 4 years ago I went through the 'heart break' diet and starved about 10lbs off myself! It's all gone back on now I'm happy again! Anyway, my clothes still fit but the shorts I wore on holiday then that were baggy are now so tight around my thighs! So aiming for that kind of loss again - without the starvation! haha (It was unintentional starvation - idiot of a boyfriend at the time dumped me over Christmas! Blessing in disguise though!)

Thank you for the recipes, I'll be saving these now! Once I've found myself a good microwavable soup container I'll be cooking them!

x

I do plan my evening meals a week in advance but that's about it and I decide the night before what I am having for breakie and dinner so I could really plan red and green days in to when I can round whatever choice we have for tea. I plan because I let my OH choose some of meals we have so he doesn't feel like he's having boring meals haha. They are all slimming world friendly though!

I lost that in 6 months and I have put 8lb back on since I went on holiday to Devon in June and struggled to get back into the swing of things since then so I haven't done too bad I suppose but would just rather have not put any of it back on tbh ha. Oh god yes it was a struggle I always said I was an every 2 week loser and it was often a pound here and a pound there.

Oh that was very nice timing of him but as you say it was probably a blessing, although wouldn't have felt like it at the time. I have been there myself and it's not nice. It is so true that when you are in a happy relationship and are content that the weight creeps up!

I got one for Crimbo off my OH from Amazon...I sent him a list with loads of little gadgets like that on and it seals...little red container with handles on for my soups. I need to get it out and start making some of these recipes...forgot how good some of them looked :)

You will have to let me know if you try any of them and what they are like x

Pea and Ham soup - Freezer friendly - takes 40 minutes

Ingredients:

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 medium potato, peeled and finely chopped
800ml vegetable stock
400g frozen peas
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
200g lean ham, cut into small dice
Salt and pepper
Tarragon sprigs to serve

Place the onion, potato, stock and peas in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.

Stir in the tarragon and using a hand blender, process the soup until smooth. Stir in the ham, reserving some for garnish and bring back to the boil.

Season to taste and sprinkle with the remaining ham and tarragon sprigs before serving.

Syns = Free on EE, 3.5 syns on Green and 5 syns on red (per serving)

Spinach, Sage and Potato Soup - Freezer and vegetarian friendly, takes 35 minutes

Ingredients:

Fry light
2 red onions, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
15g fresh sage leaves
500g large potatoes, peeled and diced
1.5 litres vegetable stock
250g baby leaf spinach
Salt and pepper
A small handful fresh baby leaf spinach to garnish

Spray a large saucepan with fry light and heat gently. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sage and 4 tablespoons of water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the water has evaporated.

Add the potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the spinach and cook for 5 minutes until wilted. Puree with a stick blender or whizz in batches in a food processor and season to taste.

Serve topped with spinach leaves and a scattering of black pepper.

Free on EE and gree and 3.5 syns on red (per serving)

I do plan my evening meals a week in advance but that's about it and I decide the night before what I am having for breakie and dinner so I could really plan red and green days in to when I can round whatever choice we have for tea. I plan because I let my OH choose some of meals we have so he doesn't feel like he's having boring meals haha. They are all slimming world friendly though!

I lost that in 6 months and I have put 8lb back on since I went on holiday to Devon in June and struggled to get back into the swing of things since then so I haven't done too bad I suppose but would just rather have not put any of it back on tbh ha. Oh god yes it was a struggle I always said I was an every 2 week loser and it was often a pound here and a pound there.

Oh that was very nice timing of him but as you say it was probably a blessing, although wouldn't have felt like it at the time. I have been there myself and it's not nice. It is so true that when you are in a happy relationship and are content that the weight creeps up!

I got one for Crimbo off my OH from Amazon...I sent him a list with loads of little gadgets like that on and it seals...little red container with handles on for my soups. I need to get it out and start making some of these recipes...forgot how good some of them looked :)

You will have to let me know if you try any of them and what they are like x

I used to plan them out too, worked really well when I went to do the weekly shop, didn't buy anything that I didn't need! So need to get back into the habit!

That's a great loss over 6 months, 8lbs will fall off easily again :) I think I'm probably the same! Will more likely lose over 2 weeks than 1, so I shall try not to get demotivated if I don't lose!

What kind of soup container do you have?I need a good one! x

Hi Rachel,

This is the soup container I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sistema-Soup-Mug-656-ml/dp/B005D6Y1OM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378813451&sr=8-1&keywords=soup+container+microwave

Yes I like to plan so I have all the ingredients in ready so I'm not having to go to the shop 2 and 3 times a week to get additional stuff as that's when I spend more money and buy uneccesary stuff.

We are both quite similar with the slow crappy weight losses so we can motivate one and other if we are feeling like we are wandering off course a bit :) x

Hi Rachel,

This is the soup container I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sistema-Soup-Mug-656-ml/dp/B005D6Y1OM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378813451&sr=8-1&keywords=soup&tag=minimins-21&tag=minimins-21+container+microwave

Yes I like to plan so I have all the ingredients in ready so I'm not having to go to the shop 2 and 3 times a week to get additional stuff as that's when I spend more money and buy uneccesary stuff.

We are both quite similar with the slow crappy weight losses so we can motivate one and other if we are feeling like we are wandering off course a bit :) x

That looks like a good buy! I'll have to get myself one! Thank you for the link :)

I like to think that I have a slow loss because there isn't too much I want to lose haha, 1.5 stone is my ideal loss! But I think in reality I've cheated way too much with this plan.... not anymore!!! Will be disappointed in myself if I don't stick to it! Will definitely be there to help motivate you :) We need to stay on track! x

Yes my OH used to say same to me because I used to disheartened when I weren't losing or only losing 1/2 here and a pound there and he said but you haven't got loads to lose so surely it will be harder but I'd never have that haha but it's probably right. If it comes off that's all i'm bothered about now.

Morning ladies,

Well I didn't do too well yesterday with super free food so I am trying better today :)

Weds 11/9/13 - EE Day

Breakie

2 slices of 400g w/meal bread toasted (hb)
1 tbsp jam (2)
Banana

Lunch

1 tin of Mackerel in tomato sauce
Lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
1 tbsp light Caesar salad (1)
1 flat peach
1 pineapple stick
low fat peach yog

Will update later what I have for tea as I am nipping to the shop at dinner to hopefully get some steak for tea as don't like getting meat like this on the online shop as I'm fussy.

Well here is the update for today...managed to get some steak so my tea was:

Tea

Steak (fat removed)
SW chips
Garden peas
Mushrooms
3 halves of roasted tomatoe
1 tsp bbq sauce (0.5)

steak.jpg

Snacks

1 13g bag space raiders (3)
Pasta quiche (2.5) - this is because of the cheese and milk used to make it

Daily syns = 9
Weekly syns
= 20.5/105

Hope everyone is on track.....here's to a good week! :D

Last edited:
Morning :)

I did a stupid thing and hopped on the scales and I'm up again! But then again I always seem to be up and down like a yo yo.... Need to learn to stay of the scales!!! Will be the end of me! haha. I hope for a maintain next week at least...

Lunch sounds nice!

I'm going to make the pea and mint soup today for tomorrows lunch! x

Back