I'M BACK :-)

Morning! That looks like the start of a perfect EE day.
Thanks for the soup recipes x

Sent from my galaxy note 2

You are welcome :) I am determined to shift some pounds this week so need to make more of an effort with the superfree this week. What day do you get weighed? x

Morning :)

I did a stupid thing and hopped on the scales and I'm up again! But then again I always seem to be up and down like a yo yo.... Need to learn to stay of the scales!!! Will be the end of me! haha. I hope for a maintain next week at least...

Lunch sounds nice!

I'm going to make the pea and mint soup today for tomorrows lunch! x

Morning Rachel,

I totally understand where you are coming from as when I was in my old flat the scales used to be in the kitchen so I was literally one them at least once a day but now I am in my new house they are in a cupboard under the stairs so I don't even think about them because they are out of the way and I just get weighed every Monday now. It is frustrating when you keep seeing them go up and down but our weight can change so much from one day to the next soooo if they are out and easy to access them trying moving them to somewhere you can't see and would have to make an effort to get them out :)

Ooo let me know how you get on with the pea and mint soup....I really enjoyed it when I had it. I had a few people at work take the mickey because it was bright green haha. x

Morning Rachel,

I totally understand where you are coming from as when I was in my old flat the scales used to be in the kitchen so I was literally one them at least once a day but now I am in my new house they are in a cupboard under the stairs so I don't even think about them because they are out of the way and I just get weighed every Monday now. It is frustrating when you keep seeing them go up and down but our weight can change so much from one day to the next soooo if they are out and easy to access them trying moving them to somewhere you can't see and would have to make an effort to get them out :)

Ooo let me know how you get on with the pea and mint soup....I really enjoyed it when I had it. I had a few people at work take the mickey because it was bright green haha. x

I think hiding them is definitely a good idea!! I shall do that when I get home.

I will do! Is it a thick soup? I hope so, I love thick soups! x

Hi Rachel,

Yes its a thick soup :) I am exactly the same, don't like watery soup. The pic below is the pic from the book....I think its nice to see pics of what it should look like x

soup.jpg

Hi Rachel,

Yes its a thick soup :) I am exactly the same, don't like watery soup. The pic below is the pic from the book....I think its nice to see pics of what it should look like x

View attachment 106715

Oooh that looks lovely!! Hopefully will get to make that tonight! Will see if Sainsburys have any good containers!

Thank you for posting that :) x

I'm going to try the pea soup too - I love all things pea!
I'm a serial weigher too, the threat of the scales keeps me on track. I only take proper notice of my Wednesday wi though.

I'm going to try the pea soup too - I love all things pea!
I'm a serial weigher too, the threat of the scales keeps me on track. I only take proper notice of my Wednesday wi though.

Ooo let me know how you get on with the soup! It's good that you don't let the serial weighing affect you but it certainly did me! x

Morning ladies, I made this last night as I found it on Pete's recipes yesterday and I had everything in for it and fancied something different for my dins and it is delicious so thought I would share :) Here is how mine turned out:

pasta quiche.jpg

Pete’s Cheese & Broccoli Quiche

Ingredients

1 Large onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Pack of Bachelors Super Pasta “n” Sauce, cheese & broccoli (ff)
3 Eggs, whipped (ff)
6 Medium mushrooms cut into small cubes (s) (sff)
60g Strong Cheddar cheese (2 Hea/4=0.5 Hea per person)
80g Pack of diced pancetta (8 syns/4=2 syns per person)
125ml water
375ml Skimmed milk (1Hea/4=0.25 Hea per person)

Method

Preheat the oven to 160C.
In a frying pan, cook the pancetta to remove as much fat as possible, drain & add the diced mushrooms & onion, cook for 10 mins.
In a large saucepan, bring the milk & water to the boil; add the pasta, mix & cook at a low boil for 10 mins.
In a glass bowl mix 3 eggs with ½ of the cheese quantity.
In a quiche or lasagne dish tip the pasta, mix the eggs to it & cook for 20 mins, remove & add the remaining cheese, return to the oven for 10 mins.

Well I am only 2 days in to this week but I am feeling like it's got off to a good start :) Just to add re the recipe above, I used bacon instead of pancetta as didn't really want to add syns to it. I have got it for my lunch today and I weighed my cheese after I had grated it and it was 90g so I will be classing my quarter I have for lunch as 1 ha as I didn't put as much milk in :)

Thursday 12/09/13 - EE Day

Breakie

2 slices of 400g w/meal bread toasted (hb)
1 tbsp jam (2)
1 banana

Lucnh

1/4 pasta quiche (ha)
1/2 tin of baked beans
1 flat peach
1 orange
1 WW Peach yog

Tea

Cottage pie: EL Mince, onions, mushrooms, peas, carrots, potatoes mashed, 1 shepherds pie mix (2) - don't usually use these but saw it in the shop and got it to try before I knew syn value and it's 8 for the full pack and my shepherds pie goes 4 ways :)

Seriving with: white cabbage, broccoli, cauli, 1 small yorkie (2), 200ml gravy (3)

Daily syns = 9
Weekly syns = 29.5/105

I made the soup last night, had a taste and it's lovely! Eating it for lunch today :)

That quiche does sound nice! Another thing to try! I'm glad you are feeling good this week.... I think I'm at the other end of the scale haha. IBS is affecting me this week! x

That quiche looks great, that's another thing on my list. Your diary is great for ideas, you're doing really well. I'm having a go at the soup when I get home from work.
Keep up the good work x
Rachel - hope your IBS calms down soon, it's horrible :(

That quiche looks great, that's another thing on my list. Your diary is great for ideas, you're doing really well. I'm having a go at the soup when I get home from work.
Keep up the good work x

Thank you Mandyboo!!! I just feel bloated, puffy and tired :( no pains as of yet luckily!

I made the soup last night, had a taste and it's lovely! Eating it for lunch today :)

That quiche does sound nice! Another thing to try! I'm glad you are feeling good this week.... I think I'm at the other end of the scale haha. IBS is affecting me this week! x

Ooooo glad you thought it was nice :)

Ah hope your IBS settles down soon, not a nice feeling when you feel bloated! x

Keep up the good work x

Ah Thanks Mandyboo....thought I would share any recipes I do this time round as I find it really helps me getting ideas from others and also seeing pictures of what it should look like ha. Let me know how the soup goes! I am going to try and do 1 new recipe a week...whether its a soup recipe for dins and a recipe for our evening meal :) x

hiii quiche sounds amazing im going to make it, im veggie so will be adding more veg instead of bacon and cant wait to try.

food diary is looking fab :D xx

Thanks babytreetrunk :) that's the good thing with a lot of SW recipes, you can adapt them and add lots of things you like. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! x

Morning ladies,

How are you all doing? To say it's Friday I am feeling rather refreshed as last night I went to bed at 7pm and slept nearly all the way through so ended up with 10 hours sleep haha. This morning while getting ready though I was using my curling wand and dropped it on to my leg and now got a lovely long burn at the top of my leg which is stinging!!

My food diary for today is:

Friday 13/09 - EE Day

Breakie

30g honey nut shreddies (hb)
Half of my 250ml SS milk (1/2 ha) - rest will be used for teas
1 banana

Lunch

Left over shepherds pie (2)
Small amount of gravy (0.5)
1 flat peach
WW yog

Tea tonight is a takeaway and it's either Inidian or Chinese so will update later and try to work syns out for what I have :)

Daily syns so far: 2.5
Weekly syns so far
: 31.5/105

Back