I'M BACK :-)

Morning ladies....I'm feeling good and positive this morning :) bring on another good week!

Hi Nanny Doreen - nice to see you again and welcome to my diary :)

Well me and the OH are fine this morning...I shall be going and having dinner with my mum and if his shift changes for whatever reason then he shall be joining us. I hate it when me and the OH fall out and it's very rare we do.

Right food diary for today is going to look something like this:

Tues 17/09 - EE

Breakie

30g honey nut shreddies (hb)
Part of my 250ml milk allowance (ha)
Banana

Lunch

Pasta shells
Mushrooms
1 Orange pepper
5 cherry tomatoes (all veg roasted in the oven)
1 tbsp Aldi lighter garlic and herb cream cheese (1)
WW yog

dins.jpg

Tea

Gammon
Fried egg (2)
SW chips
Fine beans
1 tbsp BBQ Sauce (1)

Snacks

Apple
Pineapple
Grapes
Left over chicken from sunday dinner

Daily syns = 4Weekly syns = 4/105

Last edited:
Haha it was funny because I was writing my meal plan out yesterday and I had put gammon down for the week and as I had just finished writing it my OH text me saying can we have gammon this week so moved it from later in week to tonight :) shall post some pics later of lunch and tea!

Yes definitely must be one of those weeks. I must say I have got better as with my ex we would fall out and i'd be very stubborn and not speak to him for days or be mardy for days but with my OH we say our piece and then we get over it and are fine with each other which I prefer haha.

I am going to get my recipe folder out tonight and have a look for something new to try as I feel I eat pretty much the same meals x

Haha it was funny because I was writing my meal plan out yesterday and I had put gammon down for the week and as I had just finished writing it my OH text me saying can we have gammon this week so moved it from later in week to tonight :) shall post some pics later of lunch and tea!

Yes definitely must be one of those weeks. I must say I have got better as with my ex we would fall out and i'd be very stubborn and not speak to him for days or be mardy for days but with my OH we say our piece and then we get over it and are fine with each other which I prefer haha.

I am going to get my recipe folder out tonight and have a look for something new to try as I feel I eat pretty much the same meals x

Great minds think alike! :)

It's always good to get it over and done with, I hate atmosphere! Mind you it's hard sometimes to get it out of men when they have a problem!

Good idea! I have loads of recipes stashed away somewhere, could do with a change myself! x

Morning ladies....well had a good day yesterday and not many syns and plan to stay 10 syns or under all week if possible so I can go to 15-20 on Thursday with chinese although I am not planning on having that many as going to try chicken in black bean sauce and have boiled rice and noodles. Food diary for today is:

Weds 18/09 - EE Day

Breakie

2 w/meal bread toasted (
hb)
1 hard boiled egg
1 banana

Lunch

Lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
Onion
Gherkins
Hard boiled egg
Bacon (fat removed)
New potatoes (roasted in oven with fry light)
10g cheese (
part ha)
50g Ainsley Harriott cous cous (
1)
1 tbsp Oak Lane Caesar salad dressing (
1.5)
WW yog

salad.jpg

Tea

Lasagne: EL mince, onions, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, beef stock cube, mixed herbs, tomato puree, 20g cheese (part
ha), Asda white sauce mix (1.5)
SW chips
Beetroot

lasagne.jpg

Snacks

Apple
Grapes
Pineapple
Morrisons Choc Mousse (
6)
1 Sugar (
1)
1 Ryvita (
1.5)
Primula cheese (
1.5)

Daily syns =
Weekly syns = 18/105

Last edited:
Oh that is hard work trying to plan meals around what you have in....we often do that towards the end of the month if funds are running a bit low. It is soooo expensive to do slimming world I find...we now try to aim to spend £60 a week on food as it got to a point where sometimes it would be £80 - £100 a week and that's just ridiculous for 2 of us. We've actually managed to spend £50 this week and got everything we need for our meals, plus a few little treats for the OH :)

That's why I find planning meals helps because you only buy what you need and don't buy random food and then wonder what to cook with it.

I shall post some piccies later of dinner and tea (not to make you more jealous of course) :) x

Oh that is hard work trying to plan meals around what you have in....we often do that towards the end of the month if funds are running a bit low. It is soooo expensive to do slimming world I find...we now try to aim to spend £60 a week on food as it got to a point where sometimes it would be £80 - £100 a week and that's just ridiculous for 2 of us. We've actually managed to spend £50 this week and got everything we need for our meals, plus a few little treats for the OH :)

That's why I find planning meals helps because you only buy what you need and don't buy random food and then wonder what to cook with it.

I shall post some piccies later of dinner and tea (not to make you more jealous of course) :) x

Tell me about it! It's the same with us. Only 2 of us and sometimes we used to spend stupid amounts! It's the meat and veg that costs so much! eating unhealthily is way cheaper haha. Got to try and defrost a few items...
I look forward to seeing your pics! x

Morning.....how are you ladies?

Thurs 19/9 - EE Day - Takeaway Day

Breakie

2 w/meal bread toasted (hb)
Jam (2)
1 banana

Lunch

Left over lasagne (1.5) & (ha for cheese)
Shape yog
Apple & grapes

Tea

Chinese from takeaway:

Boiled rice
Plain noodles
Chicken in black bean sauce (2)
Smoked chicken - which is dry chicken but will syn for possibly oil used (2?)
Curry sauce (2)
Few chips (8) - probbly being over generous with syns here but would rather over syn something than under syn something :)
2 pieces of prawn toast (7)

Daily syns = 24.5
Weekly syms = 42.5/105

Last edited:
Morning,

Thanks I sure will enjoy it...it's what I look forward to all week :) I have got measurements too for syns for certain portion size so I am going to weigh it out tonight just out of curiosity to see it I generally have more or less than the amount for the syns :)

It is soooo hard going out for food when on this 'diet' as I am not good when things are put in front of me and when you see all the lovely stuff on the menu it takes a lot to choose something healthy...hope you manage to do it as would be ashame to undo all your hard work this week.

I can kinda sympathise with the bloating as (tmi alert) I rarely to go the toilet...it's generally once a week so I often feel bloated etc. My OH thinks I'm weird because he goes every day without fail haha x

Morning,

Thanks I sure will enjoy it...it's what I look forward to all week :) I have got measurements too for syns for certain portion size so I am going to weigh it out tonight just out of curiosity to see it I generally have more or less than the amount for the syns :)

It is soooo hard going out for food when on this 'diet' as I am not good when things are put in front of me and when you see all the lovely stuff on the menu it takes a lot to choose something healthy...hope you manage to do it as would be ashame to undo all your hard work this week.

I can kinda sympathise with the bloating as (tmi alert) I rarely to go the toilet...it's generally once a week so I often feel bloated etc. My OH thinks I'm weird because he goes every day without fail haha x

That's a good idea! I'm hoping to have chicken in oyster sauce which is 4.5 syns, I wonder what the portion size is for that? But I guess it's generally down to the sauce.

I really am going to try my best with picking a healthy option.... I will think of Monday!

I'm exactly the same regarding the loo! I hate it, it gets so uncomfortable! Worse around TOTM too! x

I have just looked and it's 4.5 syns for 375g :) It's on the SW website as I use mums log on details and I have seen a few times that people say the portion you get from chinese is normally double that so I am going to measure tonight and have my 360g for 5 syns :) x

Morning ladies,

Well I had my chinese last night and I weighed the tub of chicken in black bean sauce and it weighed 617g so basically double what we are allowed for our 5 syns. I did well as I had what I said I would have....I put some chicken in black bean sauce on mine and OH's plate and then weighed the container again and it weighed 427g so we had less than 200g between us so I have changed my syns on my food diary to 2. However you get free prawn toast with the chinese and I had 2 pieces which was 7 syns so again added that to my food diary last night. I did well though as I think they gave us 5 pieces of prawn toast...I had the two and put the rest in the bin along with the prawn crackers as I knew for a fact I'd munch on them later in the evening :) I will have the remainder of my boiled rice and chicken in black bean sauce for lunch tomorrow but again will weigh it out and make sure I only have 360g :) x

Friday 20/9 - EE Day

Breakie

2 weetabix (hb)
milk (ha)
banana

Lunch

Not hundred percent on what I am having but I have brought a McCains jacket spud to work and planning to get a salad from the canteen to go with it...will update later if this changes:

Jacket potatoe (1)
Salad - (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions, peppers, egg)
Pineapple stick
FF Yog

Tea

2 Tesco sausages (8)
Potatoes (mashed with no milk or butter)
Broccoli
Cauli
Carrots
Green beans
100ml gravy (1.5)

Daily syns = 10.5
Weekly syns = 53/105

Ideally I would like to stay at about 70 syns for this week so I have 17 syns left for Saturday and Sunday. I won't be getting weighed till Tuesday this week as I am doing a work friends nails Monday night but I am at my nans Tues for my hair doing so makes sense to wait till Tuesday :) x

You did well with the Chinese!! I'm not having one tonight now, my friend double booked with the hairdressers! On the down side I saw a good friend of mine yesterday and it didn't take her long to twist my arm to have a piece of cake in the Sainsburys Cafe! Oops.... oh well, should tie in well with syns :)

I think you'll stick below 70 syns easily :)x

I just couldn't resist the prawn toast but normally I would eat all 5 pieces as my OH doesn't like it...obviously not all at once but I would have eaten it cold later on in the night or even tonight so that's why I binned it straight away :)

I don't think for one minute that 1 piece of cake will damage what you have done so far this week.

I know I won't manage to stay under 70 with waiting till Tuesday evening to weigh but as long as I don't go too much over then I'll be happy with that. I've totted up my syns for the weekend as as long as I don't eat anything additional then that equates to about 15 syns. Weekends are my downfall....I can stick to the diet mid week but weekends are the test, as I'm sure is the same for most people. I am worse when my OH is at home but luckily he is working this week so as long as I have a decent brunch I will be fine.

I have a Yorkie dog who is 4 who stays with my mum as mum got too attached and said she wanted him to stay with her when I moved out, which I did as she works 3 on 3 off so he has someone at home more than he would if he was with me but I have got him staying over the night tomorrow and I plan to take him for a nice long walk on Saturday and Sunday so will be a nice bit of exercise for me this week x

I just couldn't resist the prawn toast but normally I would eat all 5 pieces as my OH doesn't like it...obviously not all at once but I would have eaten it cold later on in the night or even tonight so that's why I binned it straight away :)

I don't think for one minute that 1 piece of cake will damage what you have done so far this week.

I know I won't manage to stay under 70 with waiting till Tuesday evening to weigh but as long as I don't go too much over then I'll be happy with that. I've totted up my syns for the weekend as as long as I don't eat anything additional then that equates to about 15 syns. Weekends are my downfall....I can stick to the diet mid week but weekends are the test, as I'm sure is the same for most people. I am worse when my OH is at home but luckily he is working this week so as long as I have a decent brunch I will be fine.

I have a Yorkie dog who is 4 who stays with my mum as mum got too attached and said she wanted him to stay with her when I moved out, which I did as she works 3 on 3 off so he has someone at home more than he would if he was with me but I have got him staying over the night tomorrow and I plan to take him for a nice long walk on Saturday and Sunday so will be a nice bit of exercise for me this week x

Hehe I bet it took some will power to bin it! My test is tomorrow night..... but generally I don't eat as much at the weekend! Strange!

I think you'll do it! Just eat some big free lunches :) They will keep you full!

Aww bless! I can't wait to have my own dog, good reason to exercise too! :) x

Sat 21/9 - EE Day

Breakie

2 bacon
scrambled egg
fried new potatoes (in fry light)
mushrooms
ravioli

breakie.jpg

Lunch

Left over chinese:

Boiled rice