I'm coming back too!

Snorks

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I lost over 9st on LL during 2009 and then fell off the face of the planet...

I posted this thread at one point:

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/115208-ll-ovulation-babies-some-o-t-soul-searching.html

And am pleased to say that the reason I stopped is now 9 months old and crawling around the living room as I type! :D I had to just concentrate on me when I was pregnant and was very introspective - sorry!

I am disappointed to say I have put all the weight back on again, plus a bit more but I am going to my first LL session this evening to get my packs and I am starting tomorrow. I am so excited, I can't tell you.

I have to say that essentially LL washed their hands of me when I said I was pregnant and I was literally left to find my own way with food, no packs, little advice etc - which obviously was not great :asskick:. But I have had problems with pregnancy and stillbirth before so having a healthy baby is totally worth it all for me. It's just a shame LL couldn't support me more.

This time my lovely husband is joining me too, although his Dr still hasn't signed his form :mad: He wants to lose 3-4 stones. So this time I'll be cooking for my 3 yr old and the baby only which makes things a bit easier.

It's so nice to see familiar faces still around and still inspiring people. I'm looking forward to sharing the next year or two with you all...unless I can convince my husband to go for a 3rd! ;)

Welcome back Snorks

Congratulations on your fab reason.
Hopefully you'll get plenty of support this time. Will you have the same LLC?
i look forward to seeing your progress.
Can we see a pic of your bundle of joy?

thanks SB, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've had a mad few weeks on top of starting LL again. I shall see if i can upload some pics but have never managed before on here!

So I'm nearly 3 weeks in, weighing in tomorrow evening, and have so far lost a total of 18lbs - 12 in the first week (!!!) and 6lbs last week. I'm not expecting to be anywhere near that this week but no matter, it's all coming off.

The dr still hasn't signed my husband's form - how bad is that? so he's been using up all my old packs and has lost about a stone and a half so far, i can really see the difference in him. I just hope the dr will sort him out with the form soon.

does his doctor have to sign it? if i remember correctly you can get it done at paticipating superdrugs for £5 if you don't have any major health issues..

thanks SB, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've had a mad few weeks on top of starting LL again. I shall see if i can upload some pics but have never managed before on here!

So I'm nearly 3 weeks in, weighing in tomorrow evening, and have so far lost a total of 18lbs - 12 in the first week (!!!) and 6lbs last week. I'm not expecting to be anywhere near that this week but no matter, it's all coming off.

The dr still hasn't signed my husband's form - how bad is that? so he's been using up all my old packs and has lost about a stone and a half so far, i can really see the difference in him. I just hope the dr will sort him out with the form soon.

Hi SNorks! :) Welcome back and congratulations to you and your hubby!!! :)

Your post has made me excited, because I am 'restarting' next week! I cant wait for those first few weeks of weigh ins!!!!

Well done to you, and sounds like its going great!!!

xxx

does his doctor have to sign it? if i remember correctly you can get it done at paticipating superdrugs for £5 if you don't have any major health issues..

I thought the first form had to be done by the GP?:confused: I didn't have to get it done because my form from the last time I did it covers me.

Hi SNorks! :) Welcome back and congratulations to you and your hubby!!! :)

Your post has made me excited, because I am 'restarting' next week! I cant wait for those first few weeks of weigh ins!!!!

Well done to you, and sounds like its going great!!!

Thank you BL, good luck with your restart. I gather things have been tough for you recently, although I don't know the details. Hope this is the start of good things for you :hug99: I'm so pleased to see you still here, along with SB, Minerva and lots of other familiar, inspiring people.

Asda will do the form for free!! For the ongoing checkup, my gp refused to sign my form, LLC recommended a private dr, he was lovely, cost £55 though!

Thanks for the Asda tip :) He's been on meds but has stopped them now so I guess he can go elsewhere for the form...?

Thank you BL, good luck with your restart. I gather things have been tough for you recently, although I don't know the details. Hope this is the start of good things for you :hug99:

Yes, unfortunately they have. I had a very difficult year these past 12-13 months or so.

I lost my beloved mom after a really traumatic accident....and all that followed was a nightmare on top of that nightmare. I found her severly burned in a bath that had been scalding hot water only (she forgot to turn on cold - climbed in - went in to shock and then could not get out until somone found her - and that was me - 2 hours later:(. It just got harder and harder with the depression, grief and PTSD, that I finally gave in to the comfort of food to cope. And the addiction was reborn. :(

Ironically - all the "comfort" taken at the time has resulted in utter discomfort now. So there is a real lesson in that.

I have not done a huge amount of damage, as I got through the first 5 or 6 months OK before I kind of fell apart. But I have put enough on that it is clear to me I lost my coping skills a long the way, and forgot a lot of the good lessons learned - so It is time to go back to basics and relearn.

Glad you will be here too. We did it once, we certainly can do it again. :)

xxx

Good grief BL, that sounds horrific :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I certainly struggled a lot when I came off LL, I don't think I had those coping mechanisms in place yet having come straight off abstinence cold turkey (no pun intended lol). But we are here and we're taking control back and we shall do it. Huge hugs to you xxx

God BL!!! What an awful awful thing to have happened I'm so sorry.

It does show that all our bad thoughts are still lurking under the surface waiting to come out. Lets find our slim, healthy, happy selves again! x

Back