I'm confused totally !

steve0

Ok been dieting for 5 weeks been very good and pretty much solidly in ketostis , going by the stix nearly always purple, exercising regular and good weight loss , so yesterday am dark purple, lunch chicken salad, dinner steak mushrooms cream , woke up light purple , today some ham , and lamb with feta cheese for dinner, just checked no colour at all , I'm totally out, and this is how ive been eaten for five weeks and stayed in, nothing different! Have I been in ketostis too long ? I'm soo disappointed I could live with it had I had some chocolate or a beer but I've been so damn good this time !
Help please. ... X !

The sticks are unreliable as they are only designed for testing diabetics not for dieters. I never registered anything but light beige whilst low carbing but I believe the colour is relevant to your hydration levels not yr ketosis levels..... ketosis is like being pregnant, you either are or yr not, there's no a little bit or a lot!

I would suggest binning the sticks, focusing on how yr feeling, yr inch loss, if you have a metallic taste in yr mouth & if yr wee glows in the dark!! All much more reliable signs of ketosis than the colour of a stick on pad on a stick! xxx

Ah I wondered why my wee was a greenish colour! This all makes sense now!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi been thinking 3 things not done over last 3 days ( it its not registering a colour again) been to gym , drank much water at all, or been to the toilet not for a wee!

Will any of these having a bearing on it?

Wow you sound SEVERELY DEHYDRATED you should not be going 3 days without a wee and water is vital on this diet as without it you can f*** your kidneys right up. You should be getting in 2-3 liters a day. Please for your health put this down and drink something. The more I drink the more I lose.

Hi been thinking 3 things not done over last 3 days ( it its not registering a colour again) been to gym , drank much water at all, or been to the toilet not for a wee!

Will any of these having a bearing on it?

Wow you sound SEVERELY DEHYDRATED you should not be going 3 days without a wee and water is vital on this diet as without it you can f*** your kidneys right up. You should be getting in 2-3 liters a day. Please for your health put this down and drink something. The more I drink the more I lose.

I read it to mean I've been for a wee, but not a poo was that right? You're constipated?
Even if that is the case STILL DRINK MORE WATER :)

Oh oops think you're right. I thought 3 days with not even a wee sounded terrifying. Constipation is also an effect of dehydration though so words still stand! Drink!

& yes being constipated can mean you stall. Won't effect color on the sticks though.

Do you keep a food diary?

Hi no I've been peeing just not pooing.
Ive had two bottles of water today and the ketostix has gone purple, so god knows whats happened?!

Hi on the food diary I don't but I pretty much know what I eat every day as its not a lot.ie today.
2 1.5 litre bottles of water, 1 coffee, 2 slices of bacon and a quarter of a tomato. And just had my dinner a chicken breast and some cheese small block. I've done an hour in the gym on the bike so that should help.

Getting bad headaches though!?

Mate you're not eating nearly enough, either. Atkins isn't a low calorie diet - the average woman should eat between 1200-1500 cals on it and you don't sound like you're even getting that.

Up your water (3l a day is good) and up your food intake. You should aim to get 20g carbs a day from veg, you'll be healthier for it. But as long as you're eating protein and green veg and getting enough calories and drinking enough, you'll lose.

Hi Steve

Go for clean and green (protein and green veg) and as much of it as you want - this is not about starving yourself but eating fat to burn fat.

And about the number 2s (which we call "going to the park", by the way lol), eat a load of spinach and that'll get things moving :)

Susie

Thanks for the help and advice everyone much appreciated.

Seem to have dropped out of ketostis again, lying in bed now with terrible lower back pain.

Trying to drink plenty of water as advised.

Sorry to hear about your back. - what's up with it? I fractured my spine over Xmas and managed to gain a stone through a mix of immobility, comfort eating and (I believe) diclofenac painkillers. If you're taking painkillers they might be what's making your keto results funny - but I'd say the sticks just aren't giving you the right readings. Panic less over whether they're pink and focus on eating and drinking lots, and feeling better xx

Ah the Stix subject. I've just put a fresh post up regarding the stix issue. Can you take a look please folks.

Oh, and I hope your back feels better soon Chris, had lower back problems many times myself, nasty.

Mark

Back