IM EATING 2MORO

Jenny_b

Gold Member
well its my 25th birthday 2moro and after much thought im having the day off LT, not gona go mad. having 2 meals, breakfast and evening meal. first thing wed im straight back on it.
know it will knock me out of ketosis but will only take 2/3 days to get back to it.
im gona b dedicated from then on, no more eating till at target.
just hoping i dont gain.

x x

ahhhh jenny!! dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can celebrate your birthday once you have finished, you dont have long to go - 8 weeks max! And you will have plenty more birthdays to celebrate!!!

What is one day of eating guna do? Why do you feel you need to eat?
Sorry if im sounding harsh or whatever but i strongly advise against it! You will knock yourself out of ketosis, maybe put on weigh if you are eating the wrong things and set yourself back a week or 2. Is it really worth it just for some food?!!!!!

Heck! I celebrated my graduation, somethng i had worked 4 years for without eating and drinking the free wine and canapes. And without eating and drinking anything at home before and after my ceremony. My bf has said we will celebrate it once im off LT again, this is more important than just one day of food and drink!!

Just think about it. I dont mean to sound patronising or anything but seriously, just for 2 meals do you really want to set yourself backwards? xx

i've just edited my post, dont know if you saw it before you replied - you knew it was guna be me giving the asswhooping! :giggle:

Seriously, i dont think you should do it. Its one day honey, you can celebrate after your LT days.
xx

hi

Hi Jenny

Summer is right..

I was gona do that.. do LT and eat day of a weddin sat and then go back on sunday...
but i was told not to.. i have to refeed for a week.. to slowly introduce body to foods again and then do it..

I wouldnt recommend it...

You have been doing so well... i would wait...

Seriously.. if I had my way, i wouldnt be eating... after first meal... (chicken and veg) I was fed up with it and wanted to go back to LT.. not worth the hassle, grief or guilt.......

wishing you best of luck, for whatever you decide!

Sorry I have to go against the tide here and say: go for it as long as you're not gonna look back and feel regretful, but go for it sensibly (which I'm sure you will anyway).

I did it last week, had a v. restricted diet and did lots of cardio and was fine. I don't for a minute feel regretful and I still lost weight that week (although wasn't expecting to).

Tip one: try to have your dinner earlier rather than later.

Tip two: If you're still planning for a curry you should call the restaurant in advance and explain to them you're on a diet and ask if they can make the dish for you with less ghee or oil - almost every decent Indian will do this.

Hi Jenny

Congrats for tomorrow.

If you must eat have a read of the re-feeding guide and go for a high protein low card option. A grilled fish and salad would be good. Well it sounds good to me.

Above all enjoy the day and suggest to your friends they buy some vouchers for your favorite clothes shop so that you can treat yourself when down to target (I'm turning into Gok).

Cheers
John

If you have a curry you will most definatly knock yourself out of ketosis and there is a very high posibility you will gain weight. Really really think about this jenny. As i've already said, you can celebrate in a few weeks time :)

Hiya babes,

Well I am the queen of restarting madness. Once you eat it is very hard to get back into it. Once your body tastes food it wants more because of all the dieting and makes you feel more hungry. I regret taking a break big time and now on day 3 and still struggling.

What ever you decide I wish you a Happy Birthday hun, have a great day.

Hi,

I ate, curry at an Indian wedding, lost 2lbs that week (also drank full fat coke to wash it down with).
Went straight back to TFR the very next day and lost 6lbs the following week.

I'm not saying pig put but it's your birthday and it's one day. You've done well and I think your doing the right thing.

I'm sorry if others dont agree but It's not done me any harm and I honestly dont think it will you.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU GO STRAIGHT BACK TO TFR THE VERY NEXT DAY.

Oh and happy birthday hun xx

Ok it may not do you harm but what im trying to get at is that there will always be some sort of 'excuse' for us to eat whilst on this diet and i just think that its probably much easier to just wait untill you have finished and then celebrate after. Food will always be there. You will always have your birthday to celebrate, why not just wait a bit.

thanks to those who are telling me to eat, dont feel quite as guilty now.

also thanks to those that are telling me to stick with it, appreciate your support, know u guys have more experience than me.

hate making decisions! also gota think if i dont eat gona get major mood treatment from hubby as part of the deal with me doing this diet was to still go out 4 meals on birthdays.

i dont know!

Jenny ultimatly its your decision. Only you can decide what you think will be best for you. I dont want to make you feel guily but im just laying it down as it is. One birthday of not eating really wont make a difference. Lots of people do it. How about striking a deal with hubby that once you are finished you can both go to a restaurant somewhere, just the 2 of you as a belated celebration? Choose somewhere really nice and fancy and have that in mind to keep you going. And at the end of the day, if you decide not to eat your hubby should respect that and not be moody with you. With anything, health should be top priority here :) xxx

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

I'm not sure I think it's a good idea - when I was on LighterLife I didn't eat anything on my birthday - though, we did go out for a meal & my friends made a "water cake" for me (cake tin with water & floating candles, bless them). So, I don't think it's necessary to break the diet just because it's a special occasion, as Tanya says, there's always something coming up that would be a good excuse!

But, if you decide to eat - best of luck with it! I hope you enjoy your day & get back onto LT with little trouble :)

Hannah

Have a great birthday tomorrow, and go with what feels right for you. My only concern would be going on my own experiences nothing tastes as good as the feeling when you get on the scales and have lost. But if you are not going to have any regrets enjoy.

Vanda

Back