Im feeling so down :(

Foo Fan

Gold Member
Some of u may have seen a previous post but me and my OH are kind of on a break at the moment... We've been together 14 months and moved in together in oct - however a couple of weeks ago he said he wasn't sure if he wants to be with me anymore because he doesn't think he could tell his 10 year old son about me.. He was also with his ex 12 years and we got together very soon after they split so hes getting cold feet about being in another long term relationship..
So I moved out - he asked me to give him some space to work out what he wants.. That was nearly 3 weeks ago...
He still doesn't know if he wants to be with me but keeps saying he'll regret it if we break up.. I know he loves me and he's suffering with a bit of depression at the moment and it trying to deal with that on top of everything else...
I just don't know what to do - I'm so sad all the time.. I'm now living at my brothers in his spare room and I haven't left the house in days apart from going to work..

Any advice or an outsiders point of view?

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch at the moment Foo fan, I wish I could say something to cheer you up. Give him a bit more time maybe? Good luck x

Give him some time sweetheart.....it's good that he's so concerned about his son cos, whatever happens between you, his son has to come first.

I've been with my OH for nearly 20 years and he was newly seperated with a 5 year old son when we met. He didn't introduce me to the child for about 3 months, probably cos I don't like kids much......but he also didn't introduce me to his parents until we'd been together about a year. I used to wonder what was wrong with me but it eventually came out that his parents couldn't stand his ex-wife.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't rush him, 12 years is a long time to spend with someone and even more so if you have a child together. 10 years old is also quite a difficult age for a child to have their parents split up, too old to be able to simply accept the new partner but too young to really understand anything about relationships.

You should be pleased that your boyfriend is obviously a really caring person, eventually it will all work out one way or another. Just make it clear that you will be there for him when he sorts his head out. All good things are worth waiting for.

I hope it works out for you......

Thanks both x

Hey foo, i didnt respond yesterday coz i'm useless at giving advice on affairs of the heart,,but just wanted to see if you feeling any better !!

Trose1203 said:
Hey foo, i didnt respond yesterday coz i'm useless at giving advice on affairs of the heart,,but just wanted to see if you feeling any better !!

Me and the other half had a chat yesterday and I'm feeling a bit better about things.. Think were just gonna go back to "dating" and just seeing each other a couple of times a week until he's ready to tell his son etc - then see where we go from there.. Ive told him I'll wait as long as he needs cos I don't want to lose him..

Im glad ur feeling abit better and I hope it all works out for you, he probably just needs time, so dating for now is probably a good idea, Im single at the mo and just started dating, but the thought of getting too attached to someone scares me, my friends say im so afraid of rejection, that i reject them first,,kinda f**k*d up i know lol....

other half and I are goimg through a very sticky patch at the moment, would recommend Relate couselling as we invarably bring baggage to a new relationship!

Back