I'm finding it so hard to stick to it this week.

PinkToaster

Silver Member
I think it's because I didn't lose any weight last week. If I had then it might have been an inspiration to carry on and not ruin it.

I'm also really unsatisfied with having to eat lunch at college. I always have to take something with me because there's nothing low syn I can buy, and I always feel hungry and deprived.

The whole point of this diet is that it's not a diet, it's a eating/lifestyle change and I shouldn't feel deprived because of all the free foods, but I do! And I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
aww sorry you're feeling like that. Forget last week, this week is a fresh start. Can't you get salads or jacket spuds at college? That would be low in syns. Why are you feeling deprived? Maybe you should vary your food a bit to make it more interesting, and have a treat after weigh-in. Good luck, you can do it!

I can get jacket potatoes, but I had them a couple of times last week and I stopped fancying them. I'm not sure about salads but in the past they haven't been known to fill me up. I feel deprived because everyone I am with can buy whatever they like, and eat whatever they like, and I have to eat what I've brought. I liked the freedom to choose what I wanted depending on how I felt.

I started to feel a bit fed up of lunches, so I tend(ed) to use my syns at lunch time on crisps and choc - lol!!!

I guess I could do that. I still feel bad about eating junk though.

It's really more about sandwiches though. I wish I could just go buy and eat a sandwich.
I know I could buy a wholemeal one and have it as a hex but the egg mayo is hard to value for syns.

hey if you have access to a microwave why not take left overs from tea, i ve had jacket potatoes quorn curry etc egg mayo sandwiches with health extra for bread i really enjoy it :D read some of teh stories and get motivated :D xx

I think it's because I didn't lose any weight last week. If I had then it might have been an inspiration to carry on and not ruin it.

I'm also really unsatisfied with having to eat lunch at college. I always have to take something with me because there's nothing low syn I can buy, and I always feel hungry and deprived.

The whole point of this diet is that it's not a diet, it's a eating/lifestyle change and I shouldn't feel deprived because of all the free foods, but I do! And I don't know what to do.

what do you take for lunches??

This week I've taken wholemeal sandwiches with Quorn style ham and salad cream. I thought this would be something I would enjoy, as I love sandwiches with Quorn meat. Carrot sticks. Yesterday I took some home made crisps and today I took 2 picnic ball things.

have you tried mug shots, or SW quiche, I usually have 2 -3 parts to my lunch....say the shot or quiche, fruit, yoghurts sometimes with either babybel's(hex) or hilife/aplen (hex B) the possibilities are endless

I'm gonna buy some Alpen bars cause I think it would help. I do buy fruit when I'm out, usually raspberries or strawberries, I had some today.
I think it's mostly the sandwich. Maybe I should try a different brand of wholemeal. Any ideas?

not sure really i don't eat much bread, i usually have the ryvita minis, with babybel, laughing cow extra light or quorn slice, i like taking all the small bites, i think i feel like i have eaten more than just 2 ryvita crackers...lol....weird eh. I know lunches can be frustrating, i have difficulties because i am in my car out on the rd, going into shops looking at chocolate all day, so i have to get creative....so not tempted....:sigh:

It's really weird though, since I started SW I haven't felt the urge to eat chocolate. Even thinking about eating it turns my stomach a little. I haven't craved any "junk" foods, whenever I've over eaten on syns it's been on savoury foods. (Except for today when I had a crepe with nutella... I didn't even finish it, I just wanted to try one.)

Back