I'm finding this so hard

What plan are you following to lose weight? I’m sort of following Slimming World but have recently been counting calories too so I can re-educate myself on portion sizes.
I’m not cutting anything out, but I am finding ways to cook healthier versions of my favourites and having small treats. I plan everything and I write everything down. That really helps me. I keep a diary on here too and post my weight every week. I find that helps me keep on track. There’s a link to my diary in my signature - feel free to read and see if it’s any help. I try and post my food every day which may give you some ideas.
I get a lot of inspiration from other people on here who have posted diaries, current members and past members. It’s great to read how successful people have been.

Last edited:
I think it’s also important to have small goals. In another post you said you had 10 stone to lose, same as me when I started. That can be overwhelming. I’ve found it really helps to have small goals. E.g. lose 7lbs in a month, lose 5% of your weight etc. Small goals will make what you are doing feel more manageable, which in turn will help how you are feeling about cutting ‘all the bad food out’.
many people on here also have little rewards for themselves which can also help.

For me I had to clear out the cupboards of 'bad' food and followed the Primal Plan until I got to a healthy weight and could maintain that weight which I have been doing for 8 years now...... No food is bad if you can control the amount you eat. I know if I have a biscuit it ends up the whole packet so I don't have them in the house. I have had my ups and downs but I don't let them spiral out of control......
Plan what you meals are going to be,shop for those meals only.

Good luck. :)

Back