I'm getting started

Animated153

Hi, I'm Sandra and I'm at the beginning of my weight loss journey.

For most of my life from around the age of 13 I started gaining weight and kept gaining weight. When I was younger Ialways used food as an emotional aid when I felt sad and low I would eat even though te majority of the time I was sad and low because of my weight. I would sneak fatty foods from the kitchen namely crisps and biscuits and chocolate and gorge on them. I wouldn't eat just one or two but full packets of biscuits etc. I always have had an apetite where I just eat and eat and takes a while to get full. It's probably because I inhale food! Sometimes I would be so full but would continue eating because well I just love the tate of food.

Recently I was on holiday with my friends and partner who are all slim and that's really when I felt the need to lose weight. I've tried loads of different diets and fads in the past but always gave up or would come home late and just veg out and eat and eat. It took me a very long time to actually find the motivation to want to lose weight. Its easy for people to say that you need to do something but you really need the desire and will power to do it and that takes a lot and I haven't felt that for a long time.

The day I got home from holiday I was so over weight and bloated and felt horrible. Looking at myself in the mirror depressed me. I knew then I had to make changes! The Monday after I weighed myself and was shocked to see 16 stone 6 lbs. this was my heaviest weight I have ever been and I felt ashamed and sick and disgusted at my body. I put my work uniform on and looked as though I had been poured into it and it was uncomfy. So I started my diet. I downloaded My Fitness Pal and began recording.

I stuck to a low calorie diet and I got up every morning and drank a pint of water then made a healthy breakfast variety of options from porridge to cereal and ha a low calorie (weight watchers) yoghurt. In between my breakfast and lunch I had a banana and a 10 calorie sugar free jelly pot and half a litre of water. For lunch I bought Danish bread and have that with a change every day of spaghetti etc and on Fridays I have soup and also half a litre of water. For dinner I would buy ASDAs less than 400 cals dinners and took my time eating every meal instead of inhaling it as normal. Afterwards I got low calorie chocolate mouse or I would have some weight watcher cake treats etc that are all under 100 cals. I downloaded podcasts on my phone NHS couch potatoe to 5k in 9 weeks. I struggled to start but I'm getting better now. I started metafit on a Friday night and started walking every Sunday up Tinto (hill just over half the height of Ben Nevis) first day I only made it half way but I've made it to the top twice now getting faster each week but still struggle. I go out cycling as well.

My first week I lost 9lbs!!! I'm almost 4 weeks in now and I have lost a total of 16lbs I'm hoping to have lost another 3lbs by my weigh in on Monday. I took oics of myself on Day 1 and will take new ones every 4 weeks and by using side by side app I can compare them. I actually feel the most motivated I have in as long as I can remember.

Weight loss is a struggle for most people and I want to share my success as much as I can. I have been tempted so many times in the past 4 weeks by fatty food pizza chips etc but I keep repeating to myself "JUST SAY NO" because I record my food as well I now see the value of food and I want to say no to high calorie crap.

I've set myself a 12 week goal and in that time I aim for 2 - 3lbs a week.

Hi Sandra, welcome :)

A big well done on your success for far, sounds like you've really got the willpower now and you're doing great!

Back