I'm giving Atkins a go....

Karen1972

Gold Member
Hi Peeps

Well after almost 3 years of LL and CD'ing, I've decided to give Atkins a go. Wannabslim has been my main motivation for doing so and i would really like to go on an eating diet for a change!

I'm not 100% certain this can work for me, i've just eaten bacon, eggs and mushrooms and i feel full to bursting! But i'm gonna keep an open mind and see how i get on....

One thing i'm unsure of is what to drink! I'm a big coffee drinker - can i still have coffee? I seem to remember years ago when i tried this diet for 2 days that no caffeine is allowed - what's the latest info on this?

Thanks in advance for your advice :):)

Hiya, my understanding is that you can still have coffee but you need to cut down as much as possible (ideally not drinking it at all). You can't have milk on Atkins Induction so you would have to either have it black or with a small amount of double cream, and no sugar so you would have to have Splenda.

Sure some others will be along in a bit to confirm this is right or correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome to eating land hun :) its a good place to be!
xx

I could have written that post karen, all hail nik x

Hiya, my understanding is that you can still have coffee but you need to cut down as much as possible (ideally not drinking it at all). You can't have milk on Atkins Induction so you would have to either have it black or with a small amount of double cream, and no sugar so you would have to have Splenda.

Sure some others will be along in a bit to confirm this is right or correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome to eating land hun :) its a good place to be!
xx

Thanks hun. I don't have milk or sugar in my coffee, just black and strong! I will try to limit my intake... it's the mornings when i need it especially on long drives!

I'm feeling very scared at the moment, i think CD is a massive crutch for me and i feel like i've done the wrong thing even after just one meal! Madness!

Karen, with regards to the feeling full to bursting, skeptical thing... check out my Atkins diary on here and you will see that you are not alone! I felt exactly the same as you and you can read about it and what I went through in my first week both in this part of the forum (mainly a food diary) and on my diary thread...

it seems mad at first eating at all, let alone all the things we are so used to denying ourselves, but if you do it right, it DOES work and I am living proof!

PS a new avatar to mark me getting into the 12s, I would like to show you the difference I have seen in me in 1 week. The photo attached is me, as I was 2 Sundays ago (so 10 days ago) and the second 1- which is also my avatar now- is me, as I am today. In both photos I havent made any effort to suck in or hold a posture, so you can see how much I have changed already... call it inspiration (and please dont laugh at the crap photo)!

xx

Attachments

• Image043_1.jpg
    Image043_1.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 71
  • Pictures of me 128.jpg
    Pictures of me 128.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 70
Having a good think about it darlin. I just can't do CD, it makes me so evil, i get really depressed by it all and i start hating myself because i can't stick to it. I reckon i'll probably follow the atkins principles until my exams and stuff are over, then launch myself into the 1st stage of atkins....

To be honest i always enjoyed the CD prep week and i took inspiration from atkins to manage it.

How do you reckon you'll go about it? Oh and caffeine tip - use half decaf, half reg coffee :)

Nik, you look GREAT! You had extensions? xx

yeah decaf is better- i believe the reason for it being frowned upon is that caffeine can cause some people to stall, so decaf is much better as an option!

Thanks hun, the extensions in the dodgy photo were bought for £20 from the fair with Cheryl, its a one piece, clip in! Havent worn it since tho, its a bit thin for my hair, but when I get it cut it should be better x

Karen, with regards to the feeling full to bursting, skeptical thing... check out my Atkins diary on here and you will see that you are not alone! I felt exactly the same as you and you can read about it and what I went through in my first week both in this part of the forum (mainly a food diary) and on my diary thread...

it seems mad at first eating at all, let alone all the things we are so used to denying ourselves, but if you do it right, it DOES work and I am living proof!

PS a new avatar to mark me getting into the 12s, I would like to show you the difference I have seen in me in 1 week. The photo attached is me, as I was 2 Sundays ago (so 10 days ago) and the second 1- which is also my avatar now- is me, as I am today. In both photos I havent made any effort to suck in or hold a posture, so you can see how much I have changed already... call it inspiration (and please dont laugh at the crap photo)!

xx

You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Wow what a difference!

I remember reading your diary last week so that's a bit of comfort but i'm getting a bit OCD about it now grrrrrr!

I'll eat my steak and salad tonight with jim and see what the scales say tomorrow - if they are up again (already 7lbs on this weekend) then i'm back on cd tomoz!

Having a good think about it darlin. I just can't do CD, it makes me so evil, i get really depressed by it all and i start hating myself because i can't stick to it. I reckon i'll probably follow the atkins principles until my exams and stuff are over, then launch myself into the 1st stage of atkins....

To be honest i always enjoyed the CD prep week and i took inspiration from atkins to manage it.

How do you reckon you'll go about it? Oh and caffeine tip - use half decaf, half reg coffee :)

Yeah i know what you mean about feeling evil when SS'ing. It's a miserable life but one where i feel in control... maybe i should 810 it instead?

I can't believe how this eating lark is making me feel....

hun if you are switching over you may need to give it a couple of days before making your mind up! The 2 diets work differently dont forget so it may take a few days for your body to get ready- or it may work straight away, but just give it a fair go, k? xxx

hun if you are switching over you may need to give it a couple of days before making your mind up! The 2 diets work differently dont forget so it may take a few days for your body to get ready- or it may work straight away, but just give it a fair go, k? xxx

Well i've just put 7lbs on in 3 days so if this is gonna work for me it should show some kind of loss my tomoz morning??? Or maybe i'm looking for an excuse to get back to CD? lol. I'm really annoying myself today!

well hun i think you need to give it more than half a day lol, I would wait til Thursday cos for me the bulk of my weight was lost after the first 2 days. if you wanna get on CD that much that ur already making excuses it may be just worth getting on with it. The decision has gotta be yours tho hun x

i know, it's so tough. i'll stick it out today and see how i feel tomorrow.... thanks for everything xxx

You're welcome hun :) hope you make the decision thats right for you... just remember: 11lbs in 1 week! x

Thanks hun, are you thinking of doing Atkins too? But you are so slim! Arrgh there's no hope for me if even you are dieting :( x

Karen you need to give it a few days as the sudden intake of salt when doing atkins may cause an increase in water retention temporarily! this will balance out and doesnt mean you are not losing weight BUT the scales may tell a diff story...

I know when i switched to atkins i was careful with my salt intake as if the scales had gone up i would've cried!

One thing to consider though... Oh and bulk in your tummy as opposed to nothing on ss may also make you feel and weigh a little heavier!

Def give it a few days to settle down as Nik has said!

xxx

Hi ladies

Well i've given up on Atkins. I'm just not in a mental stable place to let CD go at the moment (purely for weight reasons and my own darn impatience!).

I put 3lbs on (after putting 7 on at the weekend) so i jumped back on the CD wagon yesterday.

Thanks for your advice, i do think you're right but i'm just not brave enough to make the step.....yet!

Lots of luv,

Back