I'm giving Atkins a go....

You have to do what is right for you hun. You know CD works for you and I know how I'd feel if I had a gain. Good luck hun.x

Thanks Shaz!! I'm feeling more in control and less down today so that's gotta be a good thing eh? lol.

Keep up the good work hun.... xx

Hey hun,

I am sorry you didn't feel you could give it a good go- 1 day really isn't long enough to have a balanced picture, but as Shaz said, you need to do what is right for you.

I was reading through your diary before and my only concern was how you seem to see CD as the answer to all the issues you may have around food... I hope I am not speaking outta turn here (cos I don't want to!) but it does worry me that you turn to CD every time you need to lose a bit of weight and you don't seem to trust any other method... I know this is probs cos you know how fast CD works and it takes away the choice process so you can't sabotage (and this was something I also found myself doing for a year), but in the long term and maintaining, using CD every time you need to get a few lbs off surely can't be the best way.

I am only saying this cos I read about how hard you find it to keep the weight off and how you struggle with portion control, and I wonder whether constantly swapping between conventional eating and VLCDing is blurring your ability to judge what you can do/eat to maintain/lose weight and what you cant.

Ok, so we all know what a large portion looks like and what food is high fat and cals etc., but IMHO VLCDs can mess you up so much in your mind that you begin to see ALL food as evil, so you just end up eating far too much of whatever you want 'cos as far as you're concerned, every food is just a different degree of naughtiness! It is the stepping up part of VLCDs that help people to keep it off (and not doing them is why I failed to reach goal and maintain) and I wonder whether you may actually be better trying to lose weight on 810 where you have to learn the self-control and discipline of eating, whilst still having the security of the packs and seeing good losses on the scales still, and being in ketosis.

I hope I haven't offended here as that is totally not my intention, am just expressing my concerns/thoughts in the vague hope that it may help you to deal with some of the issues you may be facing :)

I know using CD to lose weight can sometimes feel like its our only hope, and I still find myself following that trail of thought sometimes, but every time I do it there is a glass of wine tempting me and I think to myself "there is no way I will be able to stick to this for the full term AND work up the plans, I may as well quit now", and more often than not I gave in. Every time I gave in, I felt more and more confused and muddled and guilty, until I decided "enough". I am not saying you should do the same but I feel somehow that sharing this experience may mean something to you....

xxx

Back