I'm going to have 2 bars a day..

xSinead

Silver Member
I'm on week 23 of the diet, so understandably i'm getting SICK of the bloody shakes. Its getting to the point now where i can't physically swallow more than a few sips of the shakes, i just want to throw up. On the other hand i love the bars, and there's been several days where i've had 2 bars a day, and its not affected my weight loss at all, any of the weeks..

So this week i've ordered 2 bars a day, going to go back to the porridge (yes i know) just to give myself a break from the shakes.

A few questions.. anyone else have 2 bars a day? AND can you add anything to the porridge?
I'd love to add some cinamon or something to add flavour..

Thanks everyone x

Hi, i quite often have 2 bars a day and havent noticed a difference in weight loss x im on step 2 and average 4 pound a week loss x the only thing i would say os they make me feel quite gassy! Lol sorry if tmi! X

They don't make me feel gassy at all, they actually fill me up for longer than the shakes :)

I have cinnamon in my porridge Sinead.
Ive also read somewhere, that someone has sprinkled some shake into their porridge as well... I think...
or did I dream that??!!!.. Maybe worth a try? extra flavour?? X

I was actually going to ask about having more than 1 bar a day - I feel really sick on shakes and I'm only 10 days in! x

The CDC's reccomend only 1 bar a day because of the carb intake, but like i said i'm on week 23, i've had 2 bars a day many many times, and each and every week i've lost a really good amount :) - So yeah i'm sure it'll be fine.
Its less than 200 calories in a bar, hardly eating a bowl of chips haha.

Where do you buy cinamon from to sprinkle on the porridge? deffo going to try that. Deffo wouldn't sprinkle shake onto it though, sounds gross.

I used to add the toffee and walnut shake to the plain porridge and was quite nice :) , think you could get cinnamon powder in most health food shops or the herb and spices section in supermarkets :) or nick it from starbucks ...lol i'm just joking :D xx

Hey Sinead,
You can buy cinnamon from any supermarket from the herbs and spices area. I add a teaspoon full to apple and cinnamon porridge every day and it's gorgeous!! Makes the porridge thicker as well so I always add a little extra water. Also it's best to add the cinnamon to the porridge before you add the water or else it goes lumpy lol.

I used to have the porridges years ago on Cambridge but always found the original FAR too plain and the flavoured porridges too sickly.
So always wondered what i could add to them (i'd love to add sugar haha)
But yeah, going to buy some cinnamon tomorrow :)

why don't you try going on SS+ for a week? it'll just vary things for a week then go back to SS and the shakes might actually taste nicer lol just an idea

besides, SS+ doesn't necessarily slow down your weight losses, in my first week of SS+ I lost 7lb :)

Yes, I regularly had 2 bars a day and I never drank my shakes as 'shakes ' - I made them up as err...'pastes? ' and ate them with a spoon!

I lost 2 stone 4 lbs in 8 weeks, never had a gain and am a lb away from my overral target of 9 st 13. So I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

If you want to try something different then try adding half a tea spoon of orange flavour water powder to a vanilla shake, it tastes like cheese cake, lovely x

Back