I'm I messing up going into ketosis?

Safia

Gold Member
Today is day 5 for and gradually from day 3 i have felt more and more hungry even though i have signs of ketosis. Yesterday i was cooking a lentil curry for my husband and had to dip a finger in to taste the seasoning and spice as he wasnt at home to taste it. Today i made fishcakes for my daughters and had to taste a tiny bit to make sure it was seasoned properly. Apart from that i am 100% but i'm still not in ketosis as i'm starving, is it because of my tasting and will this affect my weightloss? x

I very much doubt a tiny tiny taste will effect anything , apart from make it harder to not have more . I would think you will be in ketosis by day 5 , although some people take till day 5-6 , and the last day before your body finally gives in and goes into ketosis is usually the hardest . It is also possible that you are in ketosis and the feeling of hunger are all mental and not physical , and to be honest that takes a few weeks to fade , and some people find they never loose their appetite , but if you are managing to stick to it , then you are doing great :)

Thanks determinator and always on a diet, the temptation was there to eat more but i had to remind myself why i was on exante in the first place. Maybe my hunger is mental and not physical as the last two days i have been cooking whereas the first 2 days on exante i avoided cooking. Will just have to cope with it and remind myself I wont be on exante forever x

I smell the food rather than taste it. People can season their food afterwards if necessary. I used to have a terrible habit of "tasting" which consisted of me having rather a lot of spoonfuls which seemed to get bigger and bigger...cake mix was the worst!! My cakes a fine without me tasting them. Try cooking without tasting my family have no.complaints. good luck :)

Ive been cooking curry's since last week for the family but always get my mum to taste it! Which kinda sucks as the way I make it and the way my mum makes it are completely different! So is it okay to taste the spices when cooking?

Asha Ali said:
Ive been cooking curry's since last week for the family but always get my mum to taste it! Which kinda sucks as the way I make it and the way my mum makes it are completely different! So is it okay to taste the spices when cooking?

I dont see any harm in tasting as long as you dont get tempted to have more. I am in ketosis and for the last 3 days i have had to taste food that i have cooked. On purpose i dont use a spoon i just use a little bit of my finger to taste so that i dont have more than i should x

Back