Im in shock

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
Have just had my lunch on an UD and squirted Hellmans Real Mayonnaise in my sandwich to use instead of butter. Have just gone to check it on MFP and it has 100 calories per tablespoon. Goodness knows how many tablespoons I put on my sandwich. So disappointed.

I know its crazy isn't it, you would have been better off with the butter hun as you would have used so much less ! Don't stress over it though as its an UP day x

dont stress, just write it off and get an extra light one for the next emergency! aldi's do a lovely lighter than light mayo, really tasty and only 10 cals per tablespoon, a fraction of the real stuff! x

I count that as one of the joys of an Up Day.

I don't have to buy low cal anything, just enjoy the real thing without having to feel guilty.

Ha ha, mayo, salad cream, tom ketchup, love them all & use them liberally on UD's :eek: I won't be stopping either, not being able to eat stuff like that on calorie counting is the reason why I've failed so many times, and why I know that because tomorrow i can have a fish finger butty with lashings of Hellmans on my UD that JUDD will work for me 7 will allow me to continue losing weight. Love it!!!!! :scale:JUDD!!!!!!

Thank you everyone, I guess after all these years of dieting and calorie counting, it came as a bit of a shock as to how many calories were in just 1 tablespoon and seem "worthless" calories to me.... I used to have lashings of mayonnaise with my chips, now I know where all my calories come from.

Did also have sour cream with my fajita's last night, that had 110 calories per tablespoon, but I expected that with cream. Very yummy it was too and on checking this morning, I have only put on 0.4lb on my UP day so thats good.

All put behind me now and onwards and upwards... lol

Yep I use My Fitness Pal as I have the app on my iphone and it syncs with my computer and ipad too, so I only have to add each thing once and it is on all my gadgets....

I think we all struggle to eat all the UD kcals - especially after DDs become more 'normal' and easy to do. But it is worth it and well, you can see it works even of the scales disagree!

Yeah I'm in the "never struggle to eat cals" club..... :p

I often have a cursory glance at the cals in the food I'm eating but I've learned to shrug it off as long as its not ridiculous.

I found I did FAR more damage eating a multipack of crap diet crisps, than actually having the full fat mccoys or pringles that I wanted in the first place.

Good grief you lot. Really?

Weekend UDs are no problem but during the week when I am on my own I struggle.

Actually reading that back I can see it is a bit odd - that is when I would have overeaten before!

But when I am in the DD groove I have to eat a good breakfast to start my UD or I won't eat until the evening. Then again if I do eat a good breakfast I usually also eat a good lunch about 3 hours later. Then I feel uncomfortably full and don't eat tea at all!

I'll have to have good thunk!

My only problem with up days is stopping lol

Back