I'm just out of hospital, I need advice.

firelass

So, it happened really quickly. within one week, I fainted, had an MRI and was taken in for an operation straight after the MRI.

So I spoke to my CDC and I can't do cambridge just now. I was in hospital for 4 days and tryed to eat the best I could. I went for vegy meals with no sauce or some chicken. Did not have any starters and only on the friday did i have puddings. My throat was on fire from the tubes so I had ice cream on doctors orders ;)

Since I have been out, I can't shop, and there are loads of things I can't cook. If someone else sets up the steamer I can steam things.
Again I have stuck to good stuff. vegetable heavy, very few carbs and sugars.

I was told by my surgeon to not worry about it as healing uses a lot of calories so I will be fine.
But I am worried. I don't want to undo all the good work I did, I'm the healthiest I have ever been.

My plan is to just do the pysio as best I can, and try and eat well. Its hard to distract yourself when people keep bringing me cards... AND CHOCOLATE! lol from the third day I was laid up onwards I got people to being me fruit.

So I had a complete prolapse of a disk in my lower spine, so the prolapse was removed. It was a wee bit awkward, apparently its not unusual to remove some bone and ligament as well to take the bits of disk out.
I just have to be really careful. I can't drive for 4 - 6 weeks. So the last two days I have got up and gone for a walk round my block and back.
Plan tomorrow is to do the same, see if I can to gentle house work.

What else can I do? My concentration is shot. Between the pain killers etc I really don't know what studying I can do. So it looks like I wont graduate with my class :(

I really like the idea of eating all this chocolate. but I wont.

thanks for any reaplys in advance.
Kelda

Oh bless you, you poor thing! I have a partially prolapsed disc, which can be agony. Can you get some shopping delivered to you? I'd definitely stick to protein/veg based meals as much as you can xxx

Back