I'm just shy of 20st

bananas-on-toast

Hi everyone,

I'm just short of 20st and I hopefully want to half my body weight, and be around 10st. I have no idea what kind of time frame this kind of loss would take. I keep making excuses, like I'm scared of still hating my body because of excess skin, and the fact that as my fiance proposed to a fat person, will he still love me when I am thin?

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but this is so hard, I needed to join something like this for some more motivation.

Hi everyone,

I'm just short of 20st and I hopefully want to half my body weight, and be around 10st. I have no idea what kind of time frame this kind of loss would take. I keep making excuses, like I'm scared of still hating my body because of excess skin, and the fact that as my fiance proposed to a fat person, will he still love me when I am thin?

I know that I am preaching to the choir here, but this is so hard, I needed to join something like this for some more motivation.

I have lost 4.5 stone through calorie counting and exercise in 6 months so i would say is possible to do in between 12-18 months if you stick with it :)

Your loved as a person not for what you look like and it should make no difference to the people who love you if you weigh 10st or 30st. You should be doing this your yourself and your health, of course your friends and family will enjoy the benefits too :D :welcome: and good luck on your journey :D

If you exercise aerobically and do some weights while losing weight slowly eating food full of goodness you'll be unlikely to have loose skin. That was a mouthful of a sentence! I aim for 5 pounds a month, I know this seems low but it's working for my body which is slowly shrinking without a lot of flab hanging like my previous attempts. :(

When you lose slowly it's more likely to stay off, I've really noticed that this time round. I see you've spoken of your fears but not of your motivation. You will be successful if you pinpoint that, do it for you and only you. ;)

There are so many inspirational stories here to cheer you on and help you believe you can do it. And you can do it!!!! Good luck!!!! :D

Hi. I was 19 st 12 when i started 9 weeks ago and so far have lost 24 lbs. So it can be done in reasonable time. I am also set at the same goal weight as you and i am already almost at 18 st. I wish you all the best on your journey.xxx

Hi, and well done for taking the first steps. Good luck with your weight loss xxx

Hey :D I know exactlyhowit feels, started out at the same weight as you and was always putting off starting to loose the weight, always an excuse with me. I finally started Slimming world in febuary, and almost 5 months later im still commited and a 1b away from 4 stone lost so far. The time scale is definately what you make it, I honestly didnt think I'd have made this much progress but I feel a million times better for it.

How are you feeling? I am definitely just taking it one week at a time and not looking at the whole timescale. I know one day I'll look back and be amazed, and that will be worth it.

Last edited:
Back