iM LEAVING ll AND joning weightwatchers

i'lldoit

Banned
hI i HAVE BEEN FEELING REALLY DOWN ON ll FOR 2 WEEKS NOW THAT i AM GOING TO DO WW :eek:
i SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION AND I JUST WAKE UP EVERY MORNING FEELING SICK AND SO DOWN THAT IF I CONTINUE WITH LL I WILL BE :( :mad: :( :mad: SO MUCH THAT EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE IS SUFFURING !
i REALLY DONT WANT TO PUT THE WEIGHT STRIAGHT BACK ON OR EVER PUT IT BACK ON AGAIN SO I STILL AM SSING I HAVENT STOPPED BUT I AM GOING TO DO WW AND EXERCISE.
I KNOW I NOW LOOK FEEBLE TO ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE AS IVE BLABBED ON TO LOTS OF YOU TO STICK AT IT ''''BUT'''' I REALLY STRUGGLE ALL DAY .
IM PROUD I HAVE GOT TO 60 DAYS AND LOST NEARLY 2 1/2 STONE,I ALSO AM GETTING 0 FROM THE COUNSELLING,IT HAS HELPED ME SEE WHY I OVER-EAT AND I HOPE I HAVE LEARNT NOT TO ANY MORE DUE TO MY EMOTIONS ?
THANKYOU ALL FOR BEING HERE FOR ME,I WILL STILL BE HERE AS MUCH BUT WITH A DIFFERANT PLAN :)
xxc

Firstly, massive congratulations on your huge success so far, you have come so far and it is really important to acknowledge that.

Secondly, please do underestimate the counselling - the hardest part of the journey is management and maintaining after that, and that is when you will get the true value of the counselling. It is when it comes to putting the theory into practice that is when you realise how much you have learnt, it is difficult to appreciate when you are just on foodpacks.

Having said all that, I too found I was very depressed at times throughout the 130 odd days I was in abstinence but I was very determined to ride it through because I knew there was an end in sight. I think that is why the 100 days are so important - there is a point to fix on and each day completed is a day closer to that 100 day mark. I knew enough was enough at that point but still struggled on for another month through development.

I love the management programme and the tools and support for me has been invaluable. I have made some very very important discoveries about myself during this point.

Having said all that, your state of mind through this is very very important and you have to be in the right state to continue because it is the hardest diet in the world if it isn't and your health (mental and physical) is and should be of paramount importance and if this is making you miserable then you are quite right to find another route to your goal.

Please stay on here and keep in touch, I have been following your progress closely.

wish you well with your WW, its a great diet and really suits some people, horses for courses, do whateever works for you. Theres no right or wrong way and different things work at different times for different people, your not closing a door, just opening another , good luck.

i dont think your feeble, i think you have to do whats right for you, vlcd isnt everyones cup of tea, ww will get you where you want to be albeit a bit longer, but it will do it, good luck

Making a decision that's right for you isn't feeble at all, it's taking control of a situation that isn't working/isn't right for you at this moment in time and trying another. You're not giving up, just choosing a different path. You're 2½ stone lighter, which is a brilliant accomplishment in 60 days, but you have to be in the right mindset for a VLCD and if you're not, it's better to try something different, than just give up altogether and put the weight back on.

Keep on posting and let us know how you get on with WW.

You're stronger than you think...

Thank goodness for this website I'lldoit, it's a safe place to record thoughts and feelings that you cannot say to anyone else. You will get lots of support here whatever you do. Depression is horrible and I've been on medication for a year now. Things are hugely improved for me. Are you taking medication? Have you spoken to your GP? It took me five years to pluck up the courage to talk to someone about my feelings, I am glad I did now. You can be sure that alot of people who read your thread will be sympathising with you. Our thoughts are with you.

hi there.. I'll do it.... firstly well done for coming so far..you have done brilliantly... I know how you feel with the depression and totally agree with everyone else that a decision made by you is the right one for you.. you are not feeble, but in touch with your mind and body and know yourself well enough to do whats right for you.. I am using up the rest of my foodpacks and eating one meal a day... so far its ok and have lost a further 4pounds..wishing you well in your continued journey.... big hugz xxx

hI i HAVE BEEN FEELING REALLY DOWN ON ll FOR 2 WEEKS NOW THAT i AM GOING TO DO WW :eek:
i SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION AND I JUST WAKE UP EVERY MORNING FEELING SICK AND SO DOWN THAT IF I CONTINUE WITH LL I WILL BE :( :mad: :( :mad: SO MUCH THAT EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE IS SUFFURING !
i REALLY DONT WANT TO PUT THE WEIGHT STRIAGHT BACK ON OR EVER PUT IT BACK ON AGAIN SO I STILL AM SSING I HAVENT STOPPED BUT I AM GOING TO DO WW AND EXERCISE.
I KNOW I NOW LOOK FEEBLE TO ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE AS IVE BLABBED ON TO LOTS OF YOU TO STICK AT IT ''''BUT'''' I REALLY STRUGGLE ALL DAY .
IM PROUD I HAVE GOT TO 60 DAYS AND LOST NEARLY 2 1/2 STONE,I ALSO AM GETTING 0 FROM THE COUNSELLING,IT HAS HELPED ME SEE WHY I OVER-EAT AND I HOPE I HAVE LEARNT NOT TO ANY MORE DUE TO MY EMOTIONS ?
THANKYOU ALL FOR BEING HERE FOR ME,I WILL STILL BE HERE AS MUCH BUT WITH A DIFFERANT PLAN :)
xxc

Hello chick :)

As everyone has said, you're not feeble - you've sole sourced for 60 days!!!

You have to do what you feel is right for you and if you feel ww is it then go for it. I love weight watchers but I've got so much to lose I need to shift it sharpish.

Are you going to wait until after your next LL weigh in before you switch?

Kath xx

Hey hun!

No-one thinks u're a failure, or feeble or anything else!
U're such a strong lady and u've come along way already. It doesn't matter what plan u do so long as u continue on ur weightloss journey - which I've no doubt that u will and u will get to goal.
U must do what is right for u - VLCDs are brilliant diets but u have to been in the right frame of mind for them. Other diets work just aswell, but u can incorporate them much easier into ur lifestyle (and with 3 kiddies) maybe thats what u need?

U're not a failure - please don't ever stop posting!

Much love, chelle xx

Hiya I'lldoit....

Just wanted to say that you are absolutely right....you will do it! :)

You've already had amazing success and with all that you have learned, going to WW (or any other programme) now will be with a completely different perspective than the one you may have had before LL.

One thing though, I'lldoit, please promise that you won't stop posting...remember Minimins is for everyone not just VLCD'ers! Looking forward to hearing more about your new journey :) :)

Hiya I'lldoit....

Just wanted to say that you are absolutely right....you will do it! :)

You've already had amazing success and with all that you have learned, going to WW (or any other programme) now will be with a completely different perspective than the one you may have had before LL.

One thing though, I'lldoit, please promise that you won't stop posting...remember Minimins is for everyone not just VLCD'ers! Looking forward to hearing more about your new journey :) :)

Couldnt agree more and well done for making what cant have been an easy decision, keep posting please, we will support what ever plan you do x

I'lldoit you know you still can. 60 days is a real achievement. I'm sure with that kind of focus you will do great on ww and have got a good head start. 2 and half stone and your pretty much half way to your goal - you have to follow the path thats right for you. I wish you all the best and keep us posted to see you get on with the 2nd half of your journey - it make take a bit longer but at least you get to eat some real food!

Your are not giving up or failing just taking a different route.

Give it lots of thought

Before you give up can I just ask you to imagine how you will feel with a slower rate of weight loss? Abstinance was not easy for me, it`s not easy for any of us, but all through the hard times I kept telling myself `how will I feel if I give up?` The answer was always `much, much worse`.
So, if you are prepared to follow WW for a much longer time to lose the weight you want to, fine. If you think you might get impatient, think again.
LL is so worth it.
My best wishes to you, whatever road you take.:)

Started LL 12th July 2006 - 14st 1lb
Finished SS - 20th November - weighed in at 10st 2lbs. = 55lb weight loss
Was size 20/22 - now size 12/14
Painful but worth it!

Hi Honey

I know you have found it difficult for the past week or two but you have done amazingly well up to now. In fact you have done better than a lot of others on LL in that you have stuck to the plan (apart from your 2 vodkas) and not cheated. To me this shows true determination to succeed and for that you are very much admired. You are a motivation to others who are struggling.

I won't try to talk you out of changing your mind as I admire anyone who can make a decision that is the right thing for themselves. However, I will ask you to take some time to think this through before you do it. Go back to your Foundation book and look at your smart goals and remember the power of positive thinking. Do a thought record on how you feel and write a list of pros and cons for changing diet.

Do you really really want to change, or are you just finding it a bit hard going just now and needing more support?

If it's support you need, you can have as much as you need from us here and your LLC, combined with some positive thinking from yourself you can really do this.

Read your own name out 10 times and mean what you say "I Can Reallly DO This!"

But if you decide this is an Adult Decision and it really is what you want to do then I support you.

Take Care........Shadow x

Thankyou everyone XX

Hi Guys
Thankyou so so much for all your lovely replies :eek:
I feel blessed to have met such a lovely bunch of people :eek:

I have stuck to LL I havent cheated and I have discussed it with my OH and my mum who know how importnant this is to me.I had very bad PND last year and was on medication as my health visitor was worried,I came off the medication as I wanted to do CD,I know now I should of stayed on the medication but I needed to shift that weight,I did but sadly regained it all after CD as you know,this time I will not regain it so LL has taught me something..........to make sure I stay slim.........
I am finding LL very very hard so much I dont know how Ive stuck to it,I just feel ill every morning and iM so tired,Im drinking the water having the packs and exercising ??I know my head needs to be in the right place,I think it went when I said to my LLC I want to do management after foundation and she said I couldnt as Id be 1 stone off of BMI 25 :eek: IShe did say at week 2 we can do management after 100 days even if were not at goal as we may have had enough of SS by then,so this was fixed in my head then on week 8 she said I couldnt,since then Ive really struggled :confused: I dont feel I can do anymore than the 100 days I said this to her and she didnt say anything other you really do need to be under BMI 25 to do management :confused: I will only be about 1 stone off,,So that whats made me feel differantly?,,
I will stick to LL go weds and if Ive lost less than 3lbs I will go to WW 5th DEc as thats the next weds BUT I will WW at home for that week whilst weening myself off LL with the weeks packs.
I will feel a failure if I give up but Id rather get on another heathly plan then start binging ;) :eek:
Thanks Guys
XXC

Far be it for me to over ride what your LLC has said but I would double check that you can't go straight into Mgmt after the 100 days.

I'm a stone over my healthy BMI (in fact a stone and a half) and there are several people in our group that moved into Mgmt last week after their 100 days that had at least two if not three stone til target.

My LLC said that I can always do a month long module at the end of management to knock off any surplus to requirement weight then - which I may or may not do.

Maybe they changed the rules???

Hi Flopster
Thankyou for that when I go weds I will say to her about this if she wont let me I will contact LL direct and see what they say?
I feel I maybe able to do LL if I can go into management after 100 days
Thanks Hun
XXC

The 100 days seems so manageable doesn't it. It was my whole focus. I really hope she lets you do move then it would be such a shame for you not to get the benefit of the management programme, it is excellent.

yes thats exactly how I feel I need to do management and I had that implanted on my brain !!
All I can do is just ask her and see what she says
XXC

Back