I'm looking for a buddy to help motivate me

carolj2005

Hi all. I've been on Weightwatchers for a week and lost 4lb. BUT I've started so many diets and then given up because I've never had anyone to push me to continue,so am looking for someone to lose weight with. My first goal is to get under 13 stone but ultimately I'm aiming to get to 9st7lb which is the topish weight in health range for me.

Thanks

carolj2005 said:
Hi all. I've been on Weightwatchers for a week and lost 4lb. BUT I've started so many diets and then given up because I've never had anyone to push me to continue,so am looking for someone to lose weight with. My first goal is to get under 13 stone but ultimately I'm aiming to get to 9st7lb which is the topish weight in health range for me.

Thanks

Hello my target is 9 st 7lb too, so far I lost over a stone but i have been struggling the past few weeks! Don't know why I always seem to do this when I'm half way there! I'm doing ww too today is a fresh start for me I hope!!

I've been doing this for just over a week and have to say I love it. I've gone from eating sausage rolls, sausage and egg sandwiches, pastries, chocolates and all the other crappy food to eating fruit, veg and healthy(ish) meals. Still not eating my full points but that's because I'm not really feeling hungry and therefore not craving any more food. I'm trying not to eat for the sake of eating to get my points up.

When I dieted previously I got down to 11st 7lb but it gradually began to creep back up and before I knew it I'd put on over 2 stone again. This time it's not gonna happen. I'm going to lose it and keep it off.

Hi Carol,
Here to motivate and follow :) I'm also on WW and this is the 1st time i've properly dieted. I tried lipotrim once but didn't sit well with me not eating. I love food and i'd rather eat the right foods and do it slowly than no food at all and get rid of it quickly! We have the same kind of stats and i'm only a few weeks ahead of you :) Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

carolj2005 said:

Thanks

Well done on your 4lb loss, thats great!! Im just starting ww in the 13s and like you, want to get down yo the 12s by christmas :) xx

Well done on your 4lb loss, thats great!! Im just starting ww in the 13s and like you, want to get down yo the 12s by christmas :) xx
Hi Claire :)
I was on 13st13lb when i stated and i'm on 13st0.5lb now, as of today. Was delighted with today as i've been in spain since saturday eating rings around myself ;)
The best of luck with your journey and i'll keep in touch on here to see how you're going :)

Hi Serha,
Well done on your loss so far, thats amazing! Especially as you've been in Spain too! :) How long have you been doing ww for? Im only on day 4 and have had a real crappy week at work so far but am pleased I've still been good and stuck to it; have nearly reached for the wine and chocolate several times this week!!

Thanks Claire :) I was thrilled with this weeks loss, didn't think i'd lose anything. I've been doing it for 7 weeks now. Hard to believe because it's just flown by! Feel free to join my diary - the link is below. I've not found it too hard. My stomach has definitely shrunk as i get full really quickly now. I had my son with me at the WI this morning and his response was 'and even with all the wine you drank!' The one piece of advice i'd give you is do not deny yourself anything - everything in moderation and you'll do great! Slow and steady is the way to go and then it'll stay off :) You'll get a real boost when you WI the first time and it'll motivate yourself to keep going :) Hope your week in work improves, it's not easy when other things are against you!

Serha said:
Thanks Claire :) I was thrilled with this weeks loss, didn't think i'd lose anything. I've been doing it for 7 weeks now. Hard to believe because it's just flown by! Feel free to join my diary - the link is below. I've not found it too hard. My stomach has definitely shrunk as i get full really quickly now. I had my son with me at the WI this morning and his response was 'and even with all the wine you drank!' The one piece of advice i'd give you is do not deny yourself anything - everything in moderation and you'll do great! Slow and steady is the way to go and then it'll stay off :) You'll get a real boost when you WI the first time and it'll motivate yourself to keep going :) Hope your week in work improves, it's not easy when other things are against you!

Thanks for the advice Serha, its day 5 and am feeling positive about my first WI; just need to be good at the weekend! Am going to allow myself a glass of wine though as a friday treat :) cant believe how well you've done in only 7 weeks, you should be really pleased with yourself! :) xx

Aw thanks lady - i'm well chuffed with it. Just shows the rubbish we put down our throats! (well mine anyway ;))
I've been really lazy the last few weeks and have done no exercise at all but went back to bootcamp last night and i can feel the difference in muscle tone already this morning (didn't realise i had muscles!!!) I moved from dublin to kerry in august and i think that gave me the boost to get out and meet people and get into shape at the same time. I'll never be a model and i don't want to be, it's just nice to be able to go into a shop and try something on without feeling like a hippo!

On a different note - oh my god, we have hailstones!!!!! What the hell?!? Luke is going insane with the laughing ;)
Have a fab day xxx And enjoy the wine tonight :)

Im rubbish with exercise at the moment; used to go to the gym at 6am before work when I was doing 'operation wedding dress', but now its cold and dark - both morning and evening (and I love my bed too much!) so am going to get back on the wii fit instead.

Hailstones?! We've just had loads and loads of rain today-home from work now though with aforementioned glass of wine curled up on the sofa with hubby. Perfect :)

Have a good weekend, 2 days till I do my first weigh in-am excited about it in a strange sort of way! xx

And so you should be - it'll boost you no end :D
Jeez, i don't know about getting up at that ridiculously early time!!! Mine isn't till 7.30 at night so it's a good excuse to leave the boys to fend for themselves and spend some time with my friends :) Enjoy the vino - well deserved :)

Hi ladies. Thanks for joining me, it's good to see you here and doing so well. Been a hellish few weeks at work but I'm sticking with it and managing daily exercising too. I'm mainly doing Biggest Loser Challenge on the Wii (and not very good at it according to Jillian and Bob!) I can only manage 20 mins sessions before I collapse on the bed :sigh: but I think I'm improving. My weakness is chocolate so I allow myself one WW chocolate mini-roll or WW Chocolate Caramel bar when I get a craving.

Morning Carol - you're doing a hell of a lot more exercise that I am - well done to you!!!
You've had a great loss so don't deny yourself that chocolate and keep doing what you're doing, it's obviously working :)

Back