I'm losing it! (In a good way)

Snakes and ladders

Silver Member
Hello everyone!

I copied this introduction across from my blog - I hope that's ok! I also posted there about my diet plan and about my exercise plan.

It's my first visit to this site. My weight has crept up by about 2 stone since I started full-time employment (and a relationship) a couple of years ago. Less time for exercise + man-sized portions = bigger me.

I went to visit my OH's parents around Easter this year and weighed myself for the first time in months - I was shocked to weigh 13 stone (2 stone more that I should).

People have also started to comment on my larger circumference: my parents, my OH's parents. And I started to avoid wearing jeans (oh so tight!) and opted for light jersey dresses instead, to avoid feeling the waist-pinch too much.

I had been having a pretty stressful time lately, looking for a new job while still working the old one, and stress always makes me want to eat. But now I have the summer off, I have a place to go back to university in September and decided to use my 3.5 months off to get in shape. I have already lost a few kilos but thought I could do with some extra motivation for the last stone.

Wish me luck!

Snakes

PS: I feel that dieting is a bit like snakes and ladders: you have a really good week, and then you crumble and fall back down! Hopefully not this time...

Welcome to Minis and lots of luck on your weight loss journey!

Back