Im new and afraid to eat all that food!

Tanya P

Hi everyone nice to see so many of you, what a great source of support! Does anyone have my problem?

I have struggled with weight for a long long time, have slimmed down, re gained blah blah blah. The problem is the only way i seem to lose weight is if i literally have no more than 1000 cals a day (which makes me feel hungry all the time) even on ww i cant have the full ammount of points because it literally wont work for me i kust know it! I fancy a go at slimming world so that i can actually feel like i am eating something for a change. I am a vegeterian too so its all green days for me (although i do have a bit of fish) anyway ive been on slimming world for two days and i feel like i really shouldnt be eating this many carbs, i am really worried i will actually gain weight :cry:and so far i have only had 1 syn a day (can you save these up for the weekend by the way?)

I know most of you will probably say yeah yeah you will be fine, but is there anyone out there who actually feels the same as me as im am not the typical sit on my bottom and eat chips kinda girl anyway.....sooo nervous!

I'm a veggie too so all green days and no, I don't go crazy on the pasta between meals etc as much more than 1200cals a day and I can't lose weight either :-( I do find myself hungry a lot of the time which how most diets are I guess and for me SW is no different. I feel the same as you that eating all that food will stop me losing weight as I've learnt to know my own body. You could always give it a week and see how it goes I suppose :) Hope that helps you feel like you aren't alone anyway!

I do have the odd syn free mugshot of an afternoon or if I make SW quiche have lots of that but I don't think anyone woud look at my food diary and say I was making the most of what SW says you can eat.

I'm on green days too. My first few weeks of weight loss were slow for me so I reduced my amount of pasta and replaced it with more potatoes and rice and noodle dishes. It's worked and my weight is coming off really nicely now. I tend to snack on mullerlights and bananas oh and alpen light bars (the apple and cinamon is delishous 2= healthy extra b).
It does work, I eat massive portions with loads of carbs, I cook using frylight and pile up on the veg.
Good luck.x

Back