I'm new, and I want you to check my diary!

auntyspan

Hi all.
I started SW on Monday, but it's not like other diets I've tried, so I want to make sure I'm doing OK. Can you tell me if this sounds right? I'm doing extra easy.

Monday:
Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (hexb) with banana and milk (hexa), grapes & clementine
Lunch: wholemeal pasta with tuna, grated carrot, celery & cucumber
Tea: tesco chicken fillet with hunters BBQ sauce (5 syns); green beans; new potatoes; mushrooms followed by 0% Total greek yoghurt with raspberries & blueberries
Snacks: 1 x mullerlight, 2 x oranges, red grapes
Syns: 5

Tuesday:
Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (hexb) with banana and milk (hexa), grapes & banana
Lunch: jacket potato with beans, orange, grapes & a muller light
Tea: Quorn sausages, new potatoes, broccoli & green beans and carrots
Snacks: Skinny Cappucino (2.5 syns); grapes; oranges & raspberries; 2 x digestives (7 syns) treat size chocolate buttons (4 syns)
Syns: 13.5

Wednesday
Breakfast: 2 x weetabix (hexb) with banana and milk (hexa), grapes & banana
Lunch: Bulgar wheat with quorn sausages, grated carrot, cherry tomatoes
Tea: fish tandorri; pilau rice (two spoons) (1.5 syns); chicken sag (10 syns)
Snacks: banana; grapes; skinny cappuccino (2.5 syns) muller light

Syns: 14

My syns are all over the place to be honest, but I went out for a curry last night and was happy with what I ate - I didn't actually finish my chicken sag so I doubt it was the full 10 syns.

If you spot anything wrong please tell me!

Thanks! xx

Hi i was on sw for a while after having my 2 babies, all seems right to me, EE is the best and both green n red are mixed together

Have you been measuring your As n Bs?

I love SW But i have to go to LT to get weight off fast for an op...

You will enjoy and make sooo many new friends and the craic is 90

Keep er lit Helenxxx

Looks pretty good to me - one thing though, are you measuring your Healthy Extra's? Just overdoing these by the slightest bit can affect your weight loss.

Good luck xx

Looks like you're doing really well chick :)

Hi Auntyspan,

It looks like you have got your head around the SW way quite well, as your diary looks brill.

As the others have mentioned, make sure that you do measure your A's and B's.

Also, im sure I saw something somewhere that quorn sausages were no longer free. They are very low in syns, but I dont think they're free. I use the 'Tesco, meat free' sausages and they're about 1.5 syns each, but im sure quorn are less than that. If you do a search in the forums, it should tell you somewhere.

Other than that....keep doing what your doing, and im sure you will be surprised at the losses at the end of the week :D

Good luck with your journey xx

Also, im sure I saw something somewhere that quorn sausages were no longer free. They are very low in syns, but I dont think they're free. I use the 'Tesco, meat free' sausages and they're about 1.5 syns each, but im sure quorn are less than that. If you do a search in the forums, it should tell you somewhere.

Hello again. Yeah, Tinnedtomato is right - Quorn sausages aren't free. I've done a quick search on the Slimming World website for you, and depending on which Quorn sausages you've been eating, the Syn values for Extra Easy are as follows:

Quorn Tastier Sausages, 6 pack, frozen, 50g each - 0.5 Syns
Quorn Best Ever Cumberland Sausages, 5 pack, chilled, 50g each - 1 Syn
Quorn Best Ever Sausages, 6 or 8 pack, 42g each - 1 Syn

Hope this helps xx

Hi all

Thanks VERY much for the responses.... it's so nice to have the 'virtual' support! I didn't know about te Quorn sausages, thankfully they're not too many syns.

I haven't been measuring my hexa - the b's are OK as I only seem to have weetabix - but i poured out 350 ml skimmed milk and it looked like loads, so I'm assuming I'll never consume the entire amount. Would not having all a HEX be bad for my weight loss?

Oh dear, please please please measure your Healthy Extra's. Although it may look a lot when it's measured out, it does need to be measured - the tiniest over measurements can make the biggest differences. You would want this to hinder your losses.

With regards to using all of your Healthy Extra's, it's best to think of it this way..If you start off in your first couple of weeks not using all of your HE's, and then the next few weeks you start using the full amount, your body will not be used to it, and could cause you to gain. I'm not sure I've explained that entirely well - if one week you use 100ml of milk, and the next week you use the 350ml, your body is not used to the larger quantity and may cause you to gain/maintain.

Hope this helps xx

The 350ml of skimmed milk doesn't go far. I like reasonable milky tea and 350ml all does 3 brews. If i have it with cereal there is hardly any for brews so be carefull.

The 350ml of skimmed milk doesn't go far. I like reasonable milky tea and 350ml all does 3 brews. If i have it with cereal there is hardly any for brews so be carefull.

I agree - what you perceive to be just a small amount could actually be a lot more when measured.

Skimmed milk I used to get about 4 coffeeds out of. Now I use Kara which is 400ml and I can eke about 5 coffees out of it.

Id never manage cereal with 350ml milk :confused:

Hello again. Yeah, Tinnedtomato is right - Quorn sausages aren't free. I've done a quick search on the Slimming World website for you, and depending on which Quorn sausages you've been eating, the Syn values for Extra Easy are as follows:

Quorn Tastier Sausages, 6 pack, frozen, 50g each - 0.5 Syns
Quorn Best Ever Cumberland Sausages, 5 pack, chilled, 50g each - 1 Syn
Quorn Best Ever Sausages, 6 or 8 pack, 42g each - 1 Syn

Hope this helps xx

I knew they weren't high, but always best to make sure you count them :)

This forum is far better than a group, I think....cos help is always at hand!!

Back