im new and need some advice!!

1eah

Hi All,

I am new. I have joined the site to see if I can get some advice.

I am 20 and I am not over weight but I would like to lose a few pounds maybe a stone and tone up. Last year I changed jobs to an administrator and no I sit down all day at work.

I eat healthy ,guessing around 1100=1400 calories a day 3 main meals and snack on fruit and nuts. I go to the gym at least 3times a week for one hour and 15mins. I have also started cycling on some of the days in between.

I just can seem to shift any weight. It has now started to get me down and frustrated. I really don’t know what to do. All help would be appreciated.

Hi there
You say youre not overweight? Maybe youre body is currently happy at the weight you are? And remember muscle weighs more than fat if you are using the gym etc. I really do not know what else to say other than maybe get some advice on toning from the gym and dont worry about the actual weight the scales show.
Good luck

Hi there
I was suggest not to start dieting. I wish I could go back to my early twenties when I was a size 10/12 and thought i was overweight. I think dieting and obsessing about my size is the reason why I now being a heafty size 16/18. It has taken over my life. I think you should try differnent types of exercise and continue with the healthy eating. Good luck x

What's your bmi hun? if you don't know then google it and find out.. i.e. do you really need to lose weight?
How long have you been trying for? if you've been doing it for a very short time then maybe give it longer. If you've been eating that many cals for a long time your body has probably got used to it and dropped metabolism.
Might be worth taking an exact record of what you eat and how much to see if it's portion sizes sneaking up on ya. And you can add up exactly how many calories a day instead of guessing.
Do you do weights training as well? Cos that's really good for toning up (don't worry you won't end up looking like a builder, just more toned and lovely). 1lb of muscle burns an extra 50calories a day which is about 300 a week: like an extra mars bars worth! So it's a really good way of boosting metabolism. Also good when dieting because 25% of what you burn on a diet is from muscle (hence the metabolism slowing over time)...

Keep going I'm sure you'll get there :)

Back