I'm new, are my goals realistic?

PigeonA

hi all, my first ever attempt at SW starts tomorrow night when I go to my first class. I've had a baby this year, I'm two stone over weight technically but want to lose 3 stone in total (maybe slightly more if I can).
I'm appalled I've left myself get like this, I feel so down and horrible. I go back to work from Mat leave early April and want 2 stone off by then, with the additional 1 stone off by my cruise holiday mid may. Is it realistic on this diet? Please help :( x

Thank you :) I've never been on a cruise so I'm excited, it'll be my daughters first holiday experience too! She'll be 1 just over.
I've read so many good reviews about SW I really want to try it, also seen good results on others! Are you exercising much? I find getting to gym hard with having a 9 month old, so my main exercise is what I do with her so walking or chasing after her! I try to gym at weekends when I have help with my lo.

I think once you lose some weight you might start finding your losses get smaller so your goals might be a bit optimistic. However, that doesn't mean you can't aim for them... I'm only speaking from personal experience as it took me a while once I started getting to a smaller size. So you never know you could reach them. All I will say is if it looks like you are losing slower than that don't be disheartened. Keep it up as you're more likely to keep it off if you lose slowly.

I was really down about only losing 1lb this week, but I had a word with myself as I feel we should celebrate any loss... even if it seems small to us

I lost 3 stone before my daughter was born that was June - sept. I think the more you have to loose the faster it comes off to start with. Aim for 2lb a week and 3/4 week 1. You can't really go wrong on that as long as you stick to plan

Thank you :) I've never been on a cruise so I'm excited, it'll be my daughters first holiday experience too! She'll be 1 just over.
I've read so many good reviews about SW I really want to try it, also seen good results on others! Are you exercising much? I find getting to gym hard with having a 9 month old, so my main exercise is what I do with her so walking or chasing after her! I try to gym at weekends when I have help with my lo.

I bet you are so excited to be going on your first cruise. Which cruise line are you going on? We've done a few cruises and absolutely love them. They are great for kids as well as there are lots of kids clubs and nursery's onboard. My kids are older now (19 & 11) but we having been on cruises since the youngest was 4 and they have both loved the clubs.

I don't go to the gym, tbh I am so busy with work and family that I don't get time. I know that's a rubbish excuse. I set myself exercise challenges though and do them at home or at work if I get in before everyone else. They only take me a short time so it's quite easy fitting them in.

Hi both, sorry for the delay I've not logged on in ages! I'm just going on a Thomson cruise, we've upgraded to a deluxe balcony cabin I can't wait!
It's a med one, going to places like Monaco, Rome, Sicily, Barcelona, Pompeii, Florence and piza and some others.
I've been to Sicily as my sister is married to a Sicilian and I've been to Barcelona but not the rest so it's all new! :)

I lost 3 stone before my daughter was born that was June - sept. I think the more you have to loose the faster it comes off to start with. Aim for 2lb a week and 3/4 week 1. You can't really go wrong on that as long as you stick to plan
Thank you for replying :) well done you on that loss!

I think once you lose some weight you might start finding your losses get smaller so your goals might be a bit optimistic. However, that doesn't mean you can't aim for them... I'm only speaking from personal experience as it took me a while once I started getting to a smaller size. So you never know you could reach them. All I will say is if it looks like you are losing slower than that don't be disheartened. Keep it up as you're more likely to keep it off if you lose slowly.

I was really down about only losing 1lb this week, but I had a word with myself as I feel we should celebrate any loss... even if it seems small to us

That's true, it's getting disheartened that's my problem! I then lose motivation. I've got to say though having been to my first class and on week one I'm enjoying the diet so far, I almost feel like I'm not dieting and I've managed to stick to the plan by the letter. Really hope this works! Our group leader lost 3.5 stone in 23 weeks, she's my inspiration now to get there! :) well done on your loss this week, how long have you been doing it for? :)

That's true, it's getting disheartened that's my problem! I then lose motivation. I've got to say though having been to my first class and on week one I'm enjoying the diet so far, I almost feel like I'm not dieting and I've managed to stick to the plan by the letter. Really hope this works! Our group leader lost 3.5 stone in 23 weeks, she's my inspiration now to get there! :) well done on your loss this week, how long have you been doing it for? :)

Wow that's fantastic, good inspiration for you.

I only got back on slimming world in November and then after a little break for Christmas since the start of January. But I did loose over 2 stone doing it before, it took me from Easter to Christmas one year and then I maintained that weight loss for over a year. Things happened though, I trained for a marathon and we had a lot of personal issues going on, so I slowly slipped out of it.

Back