I'm new on here (Emmysweightloss)

thanks Lou, I really appreciate the support, this minimins board is a real life saver when on a diet like this and especially when you are having a bit of a wobbly moment and need advice and support Em x

OMG me too.... I was only on last week!!! Meh!!!

These diets to play havoc!!! Just keep going chick!!! The small losses soon add up!!! I was heavier than you when i started!!! Just keep chipping away!!! It IS possible!!! You can do it!!!

X

oh thanks Dee, after seeing how well everyone on here is doing like yourself, it has inspired me and has made me more determined than ever to stay on track, luckily today I'm feeling brighter and more positive which has made it much easier to keep to the food packs! I am off out tonight to see the comedian Milton Jones live so I'm very much looking forward to that and for once I have planned ahead and I am taking my S&S milk choc truffa bar along with me along with some coke zero so I can have something whilst there but still remain on this diet. I know the people I'm going with will have drinks and chocs with them so this way I will not feel left out!

Oh funny isn't it re the whole hormones thing and TOTM, I was so overweight that for yonks now I have had no periods whatsoever and as soon as I start losing weight and get past a certain point they return but I was a bit gutted that it had to happen in the very first week of this diet arghhh Oh well not to worry these things happen.

I hope you are doing well today Dee, you have done so well to lose over five stone already, you must be mega chuffed with that weight loss, I can't wait until I start to look more normal again size wise, at 15 1/2 stone whilst I am not pretending it is the ideal weight I used to look much better as I seemed to carry it well and everyone thought I was a heck of a lot lighter than I was but when I got up to 22 stone 5 at my top I felt like I'd lost all sense of myself, I didn't recognise the person in the mirror and even now I have lost some I don't like what I see, I can't wait until I am down to your weight and starting to look like myself again. I noticed you have a similar goal as me, at present I have put 11 st 7 but I would be happy at 12 ish I just want to be curvy and not fat!

Em x

From what I've read... the burning of fat produces Oestrogen so thats why is messes with your cycle!!!

How did you get on... I'm going the cinema today!!! Taking water and an atkins bar!!! Sweeet!!!

X

have a good time at the cinema, what are you seeing? Well I had a fab time watching Milton Jones last night, he was very funny plus during the interval between the support act and him coming on when the people I were with were tucking into galaxy chocolate I reached for my S&S truffa bar and coke zero and it didn't bother me at all it would have been not so easy if I hadn't taken those with me though so thank heavens for S&S bars!!

Oh that is really interesting re the oestrogen and a persons cycle, it makes sense then why I have suddenly had one after months of nothing. I will admit I am now not sure whether to weigh in on Mon for my first weigh in or to wait until next Mon and see what I have lost after 2 weeks, if it wasn't for TOTM I would def do first week weigh in but TOTM for the first time in months means its ultra heavy and I'm feeling crappy and worried a crappy loss due to this TOTM will put me off carrying on which I know is silly whereas in two weeks time a hopeful good loss will spur me on. Em

so day 10 nearly completed, so far so good, I really didn't think I would make it through the first day let alone 10 days, I have had a few wobbly moments I will admit but I've managed to stay on track so I'm really hopeful at the moment that I can get the rest of my weight off this way. I can't tell you how much you have all helped, minimins has really helped me get through this last 10 days and I'm sure will help me carry on with this diet. Em x

Well done :) And I'm glad we've helped you stay on track and we will be here for you throughout your journey.

thanks cherry-blossum, oh you have all helped so much, I had such a tough day yesterday and I came so close to giving in to the cravings but coming online and on to minimins literally saved me from doing that and today I feel brighter than ever! the support not to mention the tips / advice has been so useful. The thing is like many people on here I guess I'm finding it hard to get the support in the outside world, the thing is if I try to diet people I know just basically roll their eyes as if to say "here we go again" you know what I mean and its gutting whereas on here people want to see you do well and are so supportive as we are all trying so hard to lose the extra weight and there is a feeling of being in it together. Em x

I think that on a diet like S&S without the support of a group or consultant the support of a place like minimins is even more important as it gives us the help and encouragement needed. Most people don't tend to understand, especially those who have never dieted (and the rest are jealous that you have the guts to do something about your weight).

so true!! I just keep thinking to myself I'm trying to change things and that is what counts and like I said the support on here is a life saver literally! I think minimins must help so many people stay on track one hell of alot longer than they would without the support. Em

agree :) love love love minimins - I'm always cheekily logging on at work when I have a weak moment, I'm bored of telling my friends/family that I'm on ANOTHER diet, I think they think I'm an idiot!!

We get each other through it - love it.

Well done for day 10! THink how you felt today compared to how you felt on day 2 or 3, I bet you feel a hundred times better, I know I do :D

Nobody understands what these diets are like unless they have done it!!!! You're doing great!!!!

Set mini goals and be proud of yourself, we all support each other but it's YOU that has done it!!! Keep going chick!!!

: )

thanks Lou_G, exactly as you say I feel so much better today than I did in the first few days, they were hell!! Oh I'm the same I'm always logging on to minimins when I get a spare minute, there are such great people out there that you wouldn't get to come across if it wasn't for minimins and they understand your worries etc. Oh and like you said you do get tired of telling family and friends especially when you are a bit of a yo yo dieter and they are thinking "how long will you last this time" or "here we go again" at least on here you are meeting like minded people and we can do the whole diet talk without sending anyone off to sleep! ha ha How are you getting on?

awww thanks Dee, you're a star, your posts on here are always keeping me going! Oh and you are so right people who aren't on a diet like this just can't get it, they can try but you kind of need to talk to others doing this plan to get the advice / tips and support you need. Em x

thanks Lou_G, exactly as you say I feel so much better today than I did in the first few days, they were hell!! Oh I'm the same I'm always logging on to minimins when I get a spare minute, there are such great people out there that you wouldn't get to come across if it wasn't for minimins and they understand your worries etc. Oh and like you said you do get tired of telling family and friends especially when you are a bit of a yo yo dieter and they are thinking "how long will you last this time" or "here we go again" at least on here you are meeting like minded people and we can do the whole diet talk without sending anyone off to sleep! ha ha How are you getting on?

I'm doing good thank you - day 12 today :) going to get an atkins bar at lunch but want it NOW! I think we're on the same day aren't we? Should be downhill from here I reckon, it'll become habit soon

Happy Friday :D

Back