Im new to all this

Mandy123

Hi all, ive tried slimming world, weight watchers etc and failed miserably. This is my first day doing Cambridge, im drinking loads and ive had a milkshake for breaky and a soup for lunch, ifeel quite shaky now and keep going hot is this normal and will i feel better soon??:(

Hi mandy123, yes what you describe is perfectly normal- well done on nearly doing your first day though! The first week- I won't lie to you- is hard. Keep drinking te water and keep reminding yourself why you are doing this as when you get to your first weigh in it will definitely be worth it! I felt light headed and shaky got the first four days but it will pass as long as you stick with it and keep drinking the water.

After the first week it gets easier- but I still have moments where I still get a little shaky!! I just have some water and it passes.

For me the hardest bit is the battle with my brain!! The little swine keeps telling me to stop and eat but I have to remind myself I have started this journey and I will finish it becasr the rewards are so much better then a quick bite to eat!!

Stay strong- the shakes will pass and your'll soon be getting those compliments on how amazing your looking!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well said samndud!

I always find the first day the hardest but then every day after I think to myself I've done X days and itd be a shame to ruin all that effort, seems to work for me. But well done on starting the diet and stick with it and I promise you you'll be so happy you did!!

Thank you for your replies and encouragement, ive got through the first day and im not dead yet so i think i will stick to it now! This forum is fantatstic because we can relate to each other and you know what i am going through and that there is light at the end of the tunnel, so thank you xx:)

Well done on getting through day 1, it will get easier when you are in ketosis (about day 3).

Like Samnddud says the biggest battle is with your brain tellling you to eat, just ignore it, and stay strong you'll be fine and the rewards of seeing those lbs disappear are fantastic, when is your 1st weigh in?

My first weigh in is at 3pm on Friday, cant wait ive heard the first weigh in is usually a good weight loss. The following week we are on our hols for a week which is really bad timing but hopefully i will be able to stick to it

You've done so well over the last day and a half!I find like most people here the first 3 the toughest. Well done! Going anywhere nice on holiday??

day 1 done, well done you... stick with it, watch the pounds fall off.

i always found the 1st day the hardest because its such a shock to my system.. keep going x

Thank you we are off to Great Yarmouth and because we have 4 kids its going to be fish and chips, ice-creams, loads of sweets and other junk! but i am going to try my damdest to stick to it! Just want to get into this ketosist (crap spelling sorry) now to feel a bit better

I don't think there is ever a "perfect" time to do this, just a time when something clicks in you and you want it bad enough.

There will always be an occassion, an event, a holiday, a celebration, a stressful time that would under normal circumstance make you eat/drink as this is real life and it doesn't pause to let us reach our goal weight. However we can enjoy and endure these times through the process knowing that we are doing something very positive for ourselves and our future.

These times will still happen when we are at goal and we will enjoy them all the more because of this! Have a great holiday and stay strong- it will be worth it! Xx

Thank you for that i will still enjoy my holiday safe in the knowledge i will be losing weight at the same time instead of my usual putting on 8pound per holiday!

I don't think there is ever a "perfect" time to do this, just a time when something clicks in you and you want it bad enough.

There will always be an occassion, an event, a holiday, a celebration, a stressful time that would under normal circumstance make you eat/drink as this is real life and it doesn't pause to let us reach our goal weight. However we can enjoy and endure these times through the process knowing that we are doing something very positive for ourselves and our future.

These times will still happen when we are at goal and we will enjoy them all the more because of this! Have a great holiday and stay strong- it will be worth it! Xx

Samndud, I would like to keep you in my pocket for when I'm having a bad day and you can pass on your pearls of wisdom to keep me on the straight and narrow. I'm on my third week SS 100% and this is definitely gettign easier, no hunger, no cravings (at the moment) and its becoming 'normal'

Haha you would have to have pretty forgiving pockets to pop me in there; maybe a Mary Poppins style bottomless bag might cut it instead!!!

I am really having to give myself a good talking too at the moment. Been on CD for 9 weeks now and weeks 7 and 8 I found really tough because although I have still got another stone to lose before I am at a healthy Bmi I have started to feel much happier about myself then I have in a long time and the little sod in my head keeps telling me to cheat. Once you give in it's a slippery slope.

Your right though, after the first couple of weeks it does get easier- the first week was sooooo hard :(. But in the grand scheme of things it does go quickly and you start to find your stride :).

I was happily chugging along making good progress and then I got bit by the complacency bug that said you can have a bit of food now your doing so well have a "treat". I am now trying to ignore it and keep focussed to goal. As i have STS for two weeks :(. There are so many ups and downs on this diet it certainly keeps you on your toes!!

I am so pleased you are doing well and finding it easier then before, remember this time when your complacency bug tries to have a little nibble of your resolve!! Xx

Hi Samnddud, can your up your exercise just a little it might kick up a bit more WL to get of the STS train, you have done well hun 9 wks is amazing, I am doing the 12 wks SS as I have 6st to lose and get achunk off and the go to step 2 etc, you can do it now is the brain battle not the physical :}

Your absolutely right, need to start think about more exercise now. It's been quite nice having this "time off" the gum to focus on diet but I really should get back into it (only been once since I started CD!! Eeeek!)
As long as I am sensible there's no reason why I should start up again even on a vlcd. I read some on here doin 5k runs while having under 500 kcals- think that would make me keal over :0)

Its true I have walked up really steep hills and then down again, it is walking but the incline makes you sweat and your heartrate grow, so you burn fat, :}

I do walk- I walk about 1-2 hours every day as I have two very active dogs; but this is definitely the longest I have gone without doing intensive workouts like treadmill and spin classes etc. I just end up feeling lightheaded and dizzy :(.
I reckon I am going to give it a whirl again though now I am getting back I the zone.

Well done hun let us know how it goes :}

Back