I'm new to Slimming World & want to lose a lottttt of weight! :)

I started Slimming World at the end of September & must say it doesnt really feel like a 'diet' i've really enjoyed the food i can have. The only downside is i really crave sweet food, chocolate etc. I'm having the hifi bars which are ok but they're not quite hitting the spot! Also the weight is coming off quite slowly which i know isn't necessarily a bad thing if it's consistent but when you have a lot of weight to lose it sometimes feels like you're never going to get there.

I've joined because i'm hoping reading others success stories might just spur me on :)

I started Slimming World at the end of September & must say it doesnt really feel like a 'diet' i've really enjoyed the food i can have. The only downside is i really crave sweet food, chocolate etc. I'm having the hifi bars which are ok but they're not quite hitting the spot! Also the weight is coming off quite slowly which i know isn't necessarily a bad thing if it's consistent but when you have a lot of weight to lose it sometimes feels like you're never going to get there.

I've joined because i'm hoping reading others success stories might just spur me on :)

Hi there :)

You started SW around the same time I did and i have felt the same as you about it being a slow process but like you said its what keeps the weight loss consistent and easier to maintain. I have chocolate cravings quite a bit but i'm finding them easier to deal with now. Someone advised me that the sachets of options hot chocolate as only 2 syns and i've found they curb my cravings, plus they come in lots of yummy flavours! Also someone suggested freezing a curly wurly as they last longer that way and are only 6 syns.

Are you doing Extra Easy or Red/Green days or all three? I just do extra easy and some people say that you don't see as much of a loss with it but you have more choice of what you can eat.

Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hi Girls,

Ive joined since may and only a stone lost!!!!!!!!! it is slow isnt it,

i've been playing puck for the last month, just demotivated i suppose.

hoping i might improve with loging on here!!

i might try the other plans with what ye've said, have any of you tried any other plan??

Hiya, i'm doing Extra Easy so i can understand people saying it comes more slowly. I think i'll give the options hot choc a try see if they curb my cravings! Cheers for the tip :)

Welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of help on here. Have you done a search or look through the threads, sweet alternatives is a query which often comes up

Hello, I'm pretty new here too. Needed some extra inspiration to get back on the wagon (I've had a broken leg and a holiday so the diet has been suffering for a couple of months) but it's time to get motivated again. I started SW in April and since then have lost over 3 stone. I'm on extra easy and don't feel that my progress has been that slow ... especially considering I've been pretty naughty of late. I think for me I need to stick to the EE and get some regular exercise (nothing too hard core, just some decent long walks and maybe a swim). I too get the chocolate cravings - the frozen curly wurly trick works quite well for me, Rocky bars are also only 5 syns (I bloody love them) and delicious Mikados are a mere 1/2 syn each - so so good for a sneaky little pick me up here and there.

Yeah mikado are yum but i'm greedy & i cant stop at 3 or 4 so dont trust myself to have them in the house, done the curly wurly in the freezer though and that's helped, i lost 2lb again this week so it definitely works.

If you crave a chocolate boost then look for low cal chocs such as malteasers, and syn them & make them up into small bags of say 6 syns then when you have the craving you grab a bag and that's it!
Also the curly wurly's I put in the fridge then break in half so it's either a 3 or 6 syn boost!
Good luck
Pete

Back