I'm new to this site :)

Steveswife

Hello,

I'm new to this site and thought I would pop on and say hello. This isn't my first weight loss journey. I lost weight (3st 7lb) with WW about 8 years ago after having my first baby. I slowly put it all back on with each subsequent child (I'm now a mum to four beautiful children, 2 girls and 2 boys).

I rejoined WW more than enough times to realise that it was no longer working for me. The plan itself was the same as always but I had changed. I used to prefer convenience foods so that I could count points easily but these days I prefer cooking at home a lot and, with four children and my husband to cook for, I really can't be bothered to weigh and measure all my foods and have small portions.

I love cooking and I love being able to go out knowing I can eat or drink things and be in control.

I joined SW in June last year and promptly lost 20lb on EE. However, I noticed a pattern emerging when I was losing weight and then gaining weight. It was taking me ages to work out what was wrong, and I got so disheartened that I quit in November. I wanted to work out where I was going wrong (and I wanted to eat what I liked over Christmas).

Well, I finally realised what I was doing to sabotage myself. Whenever I had a good loss I was immediately going out and rewarding myself with battered chicken breast chunks and chips from my local chippy. All very well as a once-weekly treat, but it would set a pattern for the next few days and then I would desperately try and claw back the syns that I had overspent - with only a day or two before weigh-in. I was starving myself all day on WI day and then I would wear my lightest clothes and make sure I didn't even drink anything from lunchtime onwards. All acts of desperation to try and magically weigh less.

I rejoined SW last Tuesday 18th Jan. This time, I have asked my leader not to tell me my weight or even what my losses are each week. All I want to know is whether I've gained any weight and when I've reached my 7lb, 1st etc goals. If I don't know how much I've lost I can't 'reward' myself with treats. I'm just going to measure myself and reward myself with new clothes when I need them.

This is my story so far and I hope that we can all help each other on our journeys.

Thanks for reading this, if you got this far :D.

Ah that sounds a good idea with your weight losses. It can be easy to sabotage after weigh in but you seem in a good frame of mind!! Good luck xx

Steveswife said:
Hello,

I'm new to this site and thought I would pop on and say hello. This isn't my first weight loss journey. I lost weight (3st 7lb) with WW about 8 years ago after having my first baby. I slowly put it all back on with each subsequent child (I'm now a mum to four beautiful children, 2 girls and 2 boys).

I rejoined WW more than enough times to realise that it was no longer working for me. The plan itself was the same as always but I had changed. I used to prefer convenience foods so that I could count points easily but these days I prefer cooking at home a lot and, with four children and my husband to cook for, I really can't be bothered to weigh and measure all my foods and have small portions.

I love cooking and I love being able to go out knowing I can eat or drink things and be in control.

I joined SW in June last year and promptly lost 20lb on EE. However, I noticed a pattern emerging when I was losing weight and then gaining weight. It was taking me ages to work out what was wrong, and I got so disheartened that I quit in November. I wanted to work out where I was going wrong (and I wanted to eat what I liked over Christmas).

Well, I finally realised what I was doing to sabotage myself. Whenever I had a good loss I was immediately going out and rewarding myself with battered chicken breast chunks and chips from my local chippy. All very well as a once-weekly treat, but it would set a pattern for the next few days and then I would desperately try and claw back the syns that I had overspent - with only a day or two before weigh-in. I was starving myself all day on WI day and then I would wear my lightest clothes and make sure I didn't even drink anything from lunchtime onwards. All acts of desperation to try and magically weigh less.

I rejoined SW last Tuesday 18th Jan. This time, I have asked my leader not to tell me my weight or even what my losses are each week. All I want to know is whether I've gained any weight and when I've reached my 7lb, 1st etc goals. If I don't know how much the I've lost I can't 'reward' myself with treats. I'm just going to measure myself and reward myself with new clothes when I need them.

This is my story so far and I hope that we can all help each other on our journeys.

Thanks for reading this, if you got this far :D.

Wow sounds like you have a good plan, i do the same. The day i come from sw i feel i want a treat and normally eat something like a pizza. Last week i lost and this week I've gained so maybe the same is happening to me. I actually felt totally soul destroyed yesterday after my one pound gain as I had worked hard all week apart from the treat night. Well i think i need to have a think after reading this too. Well done u xx lots of hugs xx

Yes, well done to you for trying to beat that "rewarding with food" trap that some of us seem to fall into... I used to do the same, until I realised the amounts I was rewarding myself with on the WI night was completely sabotaging my chance of loss the following week... I could never quite 'make it up' to myself, so now I just make sure I have a healthy, filling SW meal (usually a favourite like the KFC chicken recipe) after WI and then carry on with the plan... there are no shortcuts I'm afraid, you sound like you are well prepared to give it 100% this time, good luck and keep us posted xxxxxxx

Yes, well done to you for trying to beat that "rewarding with food" trap that some of us seem to fall into... I used to do the same, until I realised the amounts I was rewarding myself with on the WI night was completely sabotaging my chance of loss the following week... I could never quite 'make it up' to myself, so now I just make sure I have a healthy, filling SW meal (usually a favourite like the KFC chicken recipe) after WI and then carry on with the plan... there are no shortcuts I'm afraid, you sound like you are well prepared to give it 100% this time, good luck and keep us posted xxxxxxx

Thanks to everyone for your replies - tonight is my first WI after rejoining last week so hopefully it will go well and I will see my leader smile.

I would love to know the 'KFC' chicken recipe!! Is it on here somewhere?

Thanks guys x.

Welcome to the site :welcome2:

I was exactly the same as you. I lost over 2 stone with WW, would have a treat on a monday night then had a child and have gained it all back. This time round I am rewarding myself with each 7lb loss - a new hairdo, a massage, a new top etc etc and Im trying to break the cycle of 'treat nite'.

This site is AMAZING everyone here is friendly and will answer any questions and theres always someone to natter too!

Good luck on your SW journey - YOU CAN DO IT!!!
x

The KFC recipe is in the recipe section - theres some yummy stuff on there! x

Hi all, I am slightly peeved that after my insistence at not knowing my weight loss the SW helper decided to tell me that I lost 3.5lb. I'm very pleased with that but it took all my strength not to dig straight into my stash of Hi-Fi bars as soon as I got in my car after group!

I came home and had a vanilla Mullerlight with a chopped banana instead. Have told SW leader and helper to please not tell me my losses in future and I think the leader made a note of it on her hand-held thingy :D.

Back